FUE 1500 (Will this work?)

Andrew

I underwent FUE on my frontline and crown on 9/1/22. It’s be a little over 4 months (141 days). They did 1500 grafts total. I told the techs I wanted a main concentration in the crown area because that is where I’m most self conscious, but after the procedure it looked like they implanted a majority in the hairline.  The crown implants looks spaced out and sporadic.
I’ve included my before, post surgery, and current picture. I’ve also been using low laser helmet, rogaine foam, and hair vitamins, but I’m not very confident in what I’m seeing. 
Bald spot looks wider and thinner. 

Will this work and look good?

45CE3B3F-177F-4000-852E-FA71355B2EA2.jpeg

2F024019-90D5-48CC-BA58-10C0B38B1C59.jpeg

907C70A2-0951-4D78-96AA-9710A09E0D38.jpeg

• Administrators

It's impossible to say at this stage, growth doesn't typically occur until the 5th month in the crown. I think 1,500 grafts, if grown well will make a significant visual difference. That said, it does take a lot longer for grafts to grow in the crown. I wouldn't judge the full result until 18 months. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

I underwent FUE on my frontline and crown on 9/1/22. It’s be a little over 4 months (141 days). They did 1500 grafts total. I told the techs I wanted a main concentration in the crown area because that is where I’m most self conscious, but after the procedure it looked like they implanted a majority in the hairline.

Do you have post procedure pictures of grafts implanted in the hairline? 

• Moderators

The reason it looks worse right now is most likely due to some shock loss. Wait a few more months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Covering the crown area is so difficult and requires a lot of grafts. 1,500 is not very many for a large area.  Be patient and send us an update in a couple months.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...