What did you forget to bring when travelling abroad for your surgery?

Vortex

Guys, surgery is fast approaching and I’m trying to be as prepared as possible.  What’s an item that you wish you would’ve brought for your surgery / recovery when having the procedure done abroad, but forgot to? (Or just didn’t consider at the time).

Any answers would be super helpful as I’m sure I’ve probably forgot something. 

thanks 🙏🏽

Edited by Vortex

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

Guys, surgery is fast approaching and I’m trying to be as prepared as possible.  What’s an item that you wish you would’ve brought for your surgery / recovery, but forgot to? (Or just didn’t consider at the time).

Any answers would be super helpful as I’m sure I’ve probably forgot something. 

thanks 🙏🏽

You're overthinking it! Just relax and be ready for a long, boring day.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, airporteffect said:

You're overthinking it! Just relax and be ready for a long, boring day.

Yep I sure am haha. But I’m going to be abroad for a chunk of the recovery so wanna make sure I’m not forgetting anything important

• Vortex changed the title to What did you forget to bring when travelling abroad for your surgery?

I didn't forget anything because I'm a baller. But some notable items I brought with me were my own travel pillow and a bunch of snacks. Even though these items were available at the local convenience stores, I didn't want to waste whatever precious little free time I had doing shopping trips - especially in a non-English speaking foreign country. 

Depending how long you are away and when your donor area starts itching, I say Aloe Vera is also an essential item to bring. But that also depends on if/how long of a supply your doctor gives you painkillers for. For all my HTs my donor area didn't start itching till Day 5/6 or so when I was already back home. 

Other than that its just like any other trip, any other items you would normally bring. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

2 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I didn't forget anything because I'm a baller. But some notable items I brought with me were my own travel pillow and a bunch of snacks. Even though these items were available at the local convenience stores, I didn't want to waste whatever precious little free time I had doing shopping trips - especially in a non-English speaking foreign country. 

Depending how long you are away and when your donor area starts itching, I say Aloe Vera is also an essential item to bring. But that also depends on if/how long of a supply your doctor gives you painkillers for. For all my HTs my donor area didn't start itching till Day 5/6 or so when I was already back home. 

Other than that its just like any other trip, any other items you would normally bring. 

Thanks mate, got those ☑️. Will deffo bring some aloe vera gel

• Thanks 1

Don't forget their electrical plug type. Take a plug adaptor with you so you can charge your devices. Get a neck pillow you like because the on i got from the clinic was terrible and it destroyed my neck. I had to use my personal neck pillow to sleep comfortably 

• 1 month later...

I've forgotten to pack warm cloth when travelling to India in February, foolishly thinking, that it is the land of eternal summer. Furthermore - I've packed a pair of swimmers, having checked that the hotel I'm staying has an outdoor swimming pool. When I asked around how can I use the pool, the hotel staff told me that I'm crazy and the pool is closed until cold season ends :)

The main takeaway from this? Always check the weather in the place you are travelling to, don't rely on your preception only.

P.S. I mean, I've been to India and Nepal several times before, and these places always struck me as extremely hot, but it never was in wintertime.