Robert Haber, MD - 1662 grafts FUT, Front and midscalp - 6 months

• Administrators

Very natural, and the scar is virtually undetectable.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/19/2023 at 5:32 PM, Dr. Robert Haber said:
46 year old man six months following strip procedure to front and midscalp showing natural results and nice donor scar. Total of 462 1's, 1675 2's, 512 3's, and 13 4's for a total of 2662 grafts and 5400 hairs.

DR 1a.png

DR 1b.png

DR 2a.png

DR 2b.png

DR 3a.png

DR 3b.png

DR 4a.png

DR 4b.png

DR 5.png

What is your transection rate with FUE vs his FUT procedures?

Do you place the site in the recipient area before donor extraction to reduce time the hair is out of the head?

Well, the transection rate with FUT is close to zero with the use of the Haber Spreader and microscopic dissection. With FUT we can directly visualize the hair follicles and thus preserve them. No FUE procedure can come close to that, as FUE is essentially a blind harvest. At the start of every FUE procedure, the surgeon will experiment with harvest angle, depth, and punch rotation, oscillation and more until grafts come out intact. But still, not all follicles in all areas of the scalp have the same orientation. My transection rate with FUE is 5-8%, sometimes less, and very rarely more.

Yes I generally make recipient sites before harvesting grafts, so that my staff can implant grafts at the same time I am harvesting. 

• Like 1