Question about Saline…

Vortex

Basically, no idea how much spray I’ll receive from the clinic when I have my surgery soon, and I want to make sure I have enough solution to spray for 2 weeks (I guess that’s when the scabs should all be gone by?). I would rather not mess around making the solution, storing it in the correct containers etc, easier to buy. 

The only saline I can find in shops seems to clearly state that it’s for contact lenses - is this the exact same solution that you would use to spray grafts?

These are ingredients for a saline solution from a popular pharmacy (that says it’s for lenses):

0.005% w/v hydrogen peroxide, sodium chloride, sodium phosphates, water

Appreciate  this probably seems like an odd question but need to be prepared. 😅

You really only need to be spraying for the 1st 4 days or so. After that you just gently pour water on your head until your post op instructions say you can resume showering normally (full pressure nozzle)

You can always ask your clinic for an extra bottle of saline to take. I'm sure they get that request all the time. If they refuse I'd be worried about whatever clinic you are going to in the first place 😬

I'm not certain but I feel like saline spray/solution is commonly available in drugstores, pharmacies, etc. The clinic provided saline spray won't be any different than any you can find elsewhere. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

19 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

You really only need to be spraying for the 1st 4 days or so. After that you just gently pour water on your head until your post op instructions say you can resume showering normally (full pressure nozzle)

You can always ask your clinic for an extra bottle of saline to take. I'm sure they get that request all the time. If they refuse I'd be worried about whatever clinic you are going to in the first place 😬

I'm not certain but I feel like saline spray/solution is commonly available in drugstores, pharmacies, etc. The clinic provided saline spray won't be any different than any you can find elsewhere. 

Ah I was told 7 days of spraying, I’ll definitely ask the clinic for an extra bottle though! I also bought a small bottle of argon essential oil and considered maybe spraying that on the scabs after day 7, but I’m not sure haha. Just wanna make sure the after care is on point 

14 minutes ago, MaximusEastwood said:

I'm scheduled to get a HT with Dr. Wong next week and asked the clinic about saline spray, and they said he doesn't recommend it

Saline spray is precautionary more than anything. Hair transplants from elite surgeons can often be clean enough after surgery that it is not necessary. Whereas your average or worse clinic you are likely to get incredibly scabby and crusty and saline comes in handy. 

That being said, I'm surprised thar Dr. Wong would discourage anyone from using saline spray. I don't see what the harm is. Only benefit. 

Edited by HappyMan2021