Side effects of topical VS oral Finastride

z4ydi

I have taken Fin (1mg tablets) daily for over 3 years and around the 3rd year I started to feel sever side effects. I stopped the Fins and the side effects disappeared within 4-6 weeks. 

It has been a year since I stopped and I started to see my hair thinning and my hair loss is increasing. I am thinking of taking the topical Finastride. Is the side effect of topical Fin the same as the pills?

Should I try the topical Fin knowing that I already had side effects with the oral.

Secondly, if you advice to give it a try which concentration and vehicle will be the best for me to start with to minimize the risk of side effects?

Thanks 

Edited by z4ydi

• Administrators

I’ve been on Xyon for almost a month now. I haven’t noticed any side effects effects. I felt side effects on the oral version after the 1st month. I think it also depends on the topical itself. Some topical’s absorb rapidly into the blood stream reducing your systemic DHT levels, which can cause sides. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I am in the UK and Xyon does not deliver here. Does anyone know where to get the the topical Parati formula, in the UK, which I read has reduce systemic exposure to a very small amount?