Finasteride and hairline

Cmike

Hey everyone, quick question. Does finasteride maintain hairline. Seen a lot of stuff saying it “can” maintain the hairline, but I’ve heard a lot of people say it works better on the crown. Ive been taking oral finasteride for two years and looking to add a topic anti androgen here soon. Any topical recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well! 

No I don't think so, it certainly didn't for me. It's mostly for the midscalp and crown. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

Surely it works but in research papers all the tests are made in crow and not hairline. You could add spironolactone in topical form.

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

Finasteride works for all hairs affected by dht. The problem is follicles at the hairline are generally more sensitive to androgens and are some of the first hairs to go when male pattern baldness hits. There are studies for finasteride and dutasteride that show the hairline can benefit, although not as well as the crown.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2023 at 9:42 PM, 5BetaReductase said:

Finasteride works for all hairs affected by dht. The problem is follicles at the hairline are generally more sensitive to androgens and are some of the first hairs to go when male pattern baldness hits. There are studies for finasteride and dutasteride that show the hairline can benefit, although not as well as the crown.

Do you use any topical anti androgen or reccomnend any? Thanks so much!

10 minutes ago, Cmike said:

Do you use any topical anti androgen or reccomnend any? Thanks so much!

Imo there aren’t any safe nor worthy options atm. RU and CB are all manufactured in unknown/questionable labs in China. Second, there isn’t a lot of safety data for either. I would personally stick to fin/dut as those remain the gold standard in terms of treatments.

13 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Imo there aren’t any safe nor worthy options atm. RU and CB are all manufactured in unknown/questionable labs in China. Second, there isn’t a lot of safety data for either. I would personally stick to fin/dut as those remain the gold standard in terms of treatments.

Could I get on topical fin/dut while taking oral finasteride or would that just be rather counterintative 

On 1/19/2023 at 12:15 AM, Cmike said:

Could I get on topical fin/dut while taking oral finasteride or would that just be rather counterintative 

this is fine, you may see better results. up to you if you think its worth the price and hassle