sides with Topical Fin 0.01% 0.1g/ml, should I try micro doses like 0.0001% or it's not worth it?

Samuelg

Hello guys
So after I've had crazy sides with Oral Finasteride, I decided to stop it at the 3rd pill, waited a month, then tried Topical and I've had sides with with a very low dose 0.1g/ml (applied 1ml to my head), it took my body 5 days to go back to normal even after such a low dose :((according to studies the difference in lowering systemic DHT isn't that much between 0.1mg and 1mg so I wasn't that surprised)
I'm thinking of trying lower doses probably 0.01g/ml or 0.001g/ml but I think my body is hyper sensitive to this drug, or maybe if the dose is too low to the point of no sides it probably won't do much also.
It's crazy how some people get their DHT levels to decrease by 80-90% and still function properly without any sides...makes no sense at all 

has anyone had success with very low doses using Topical Fin?

PS: please don't tell me placebo I'm very sure it's not. 

• Administrators

What brand of topical finasteride are you using? Not all topicals are created equal, just like surgeons. 

Most topicals absorb rapidly in the blood stream causing a sudden drop in systemic DHT. You should consider topical dutasteride. The molecular weight is heavier than finasteride which means it absorbs less in the bloodstream.

Xyon just released their topical dutasteride formula which ill be switching too shortly. 

https://www.xyonhealth.com/topical-dutasteride/

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

What brand of topical finasteride are you using? Not all topicals are created equal, just like surgeons. 

Most topicals absorb rapidly in the blood stream causing a sudden drop in systemic DHT. You should consider topical dutasteride. The molecular weight is heavier than finasteride which means it absorbs less in the bloodstream.

Xyon just released their topical dutasteride formula which ill be switching too shortly. 

What's the price?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, BaldBobby said:

What's the price?

I believe it’s the same price as the finasteride $100, but you can use less frequently.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Unfortunately I'm not in the US or Europe so I'm using what's available here - a homemade solution - we only have the 5mg pill here so I cut it into 5pcs and mix it with Foolfeed (an italian hair topical used mainly for hair nutrition) for a concentration of 0.1mg per ml my question is more about the dosage rather than brands becuase that's not an option for me 

On 1/12/2023 at 7:47 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I believe it’s the same price as the finasteride $100, but you can use less frequently.

Hey @Melvin- Moderator. I was planning to use the XYON Topical Fin less frequently than prescribed already. Like MWF. But you're suggesting I could take DUT even less than that?

Hello what are your sides effects ? I am too at 0.01% and get sides too like banalitis (my penile hurt) but I wait hoping they will disappear... all was ok for 4 month and now I got sides ....

I have done blood test and my dht is reduced by 40% so I think with less concentration it could be better... some say that you must find the right dosage for dht to not be reduced by more than 20% in blood which is the standard fluctuation of dht level without medication 

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

what 

On 1/12/2023 at 11:15 PM, Samuelg said:

Hello guys
So after I've had crazy sides with Oral Finasteride, I decided to stop it at the 3rd pill, waited a month, then tried Topical and I've had sides with with a very low dose 0.1g/ml (applied 1ml to my head), it took my body 5 days to go back to normal even after such a low dose :((according to studies the difference in lowering systemic DHT isn't that much between 0.1mg and 1mg so I wasn't that surprised)
I'm thinking of trying lower doses probably 0.01g/ml or 0.001g/ml but I think my body is hyper sensitive to this drug, or maybe if the dose is too low to the point of no sides it probably won't do much also.
It's crazy how some people get their DHT levels to decrease by 80-90% and still function properly without any sides...makes no sense at all 

has anyone had success with very low doses using Topical Fin?

PS: please don't tell me placebo I'm very sure it's not. 

I know that oral finastride can have side effects but what side effects do you get with the topical fin? is it the same as oral finastrides which relates to sexual side effects or is it different? can you please explain as I am thinking of starting the topical fin. thanks 

On 1/16/2023 at 11:49 PM, arthurSam said:

Hello what are your sides effects ? I am too at 0.01% and get sides too like banalitis (my penile hurt) but I wait hoping they will disappear... all was ok for 4 month and now I got sides ....

I have done blood test and my dht is reduced by 40% so I think with less concentration it could be better... some say that you must find the right dosage for dht to not be reduced by more than 20% in blood which is the standard fluctuation of dht level without medication 

I think the duration of enzyme production varies from person to another, I've tried the topical formulation only once and had ED just like I had sides with the first pill of fin. topical was not as bad as it was with oral tho.
how many milliliters you apply? and have you had sides with oral before?
I don't know about the dosage I hope that's the case too but I've asked some people who seemed to be so sensitive, they said if you keep pushing it you'll get PFS, again it varies from one to another.

14 hours ago, 12345 said:

considering that post fin syndrome is a real thing, i wouldnt touch it with a stick if you get sides from it.  wouldnt risk having permanent sexual sides

True. but then you're left with two questions
1- what if a lower dose will work?
2- what are the alternatives?

55 minutes ago, z4ydi said:

what 

I know that oral finastride can have side effects but what side effects do you get with the topical fin? is it the same as oral finastrides which relates to sexual side effects or is it different? can you please explain as I am thinking of starting the topical fin. thanks 

I had all the same sides I had with oral except kidney pain when taking the pill and ball ache.
you should start it and see for yourself things are different from a person to another, I only recommend start with a very low concentration, preferably 0.001 if you can find it, and go up from there (be careful with how many droppers or sprays you have, each one counts!)

1 hour ago, Samuelg said:

True. but then you're left with two questions
1- what if a lower dose will work?
2- what are the alternatives?

I had all the same sides I had with oral except kidney pain when taking the pill and ball ache.
you should start it and see for yourself things are different from a person to another, I only recommend start with a very low concentration, preferably 0.001 if you can find it, and go up from there (be careful with how many droppers or sprays you have, each one counts!)

you could try doing this whole micro-dosing that you see everyone spewing on the internet here, but it really is not worth the sides and having them permanently. i took fin for a year, it took about 6 months to go back to normal after i quit , and even i wouldn't say i am back to my original baseline. so if you have sides, my advice is to just let it go. 

alternatives? try other anti-androgen blockers, and see if you can use them without having sides. its going to be a trial and error basis, but unfortunately, i think once you are sensitive to these meds, you will most likely be sensitive to all the different type of anti-androgens.

breezula, pantosin, and eucapil are the ones i would try

4 hours ago, 12345 said:

you could try doing this whole micro-dosing that you see everyone spewing on the internet here, but it really is not worth the sides and having them permanently. i took fin for a year, it took about 6 months to go back to normal after i quit , and even i wouldn't say i am back to my original baseline. so if you have sides, my advice is to just let it go. 

alternatives? try other anti-androgen blockers, and see if you can use them without having sides. its going to be a trial and error basis, but unfortunately, i think once you are sensitive to these meds, you will most likely be sensitive to all the different type of anti-androgens.

breezula, pantosin, and eucapil are the ones i would try

Yes maybe these sides warn for something more dangerous to come, good for u you quit.
Thanks for the advice, tbh letting go is the rational decision to take, it's only the emotional side of us getting attached and desperate for a solution.

1 hour ago, Samuelg said:

Yes maybe these sides warn for something more dangerous to come, good for u you quit.
Thanks for the advice, tbh letting go is the rational decision to take, it's only the emotional side of us getting attached and desperate for a solution.

at the end of the day, u either gotta keep ur dick or try and hold to ur  hair using fin........some ppl would rather keep their hair

Edited by 12345
  • Thanks 1