Beard hair to head for thin donor area

Can any one show an example of beard hair to head results ? I Have a thick beard and was thinking about using it to fill in a thin donor spot from a bad transplant a few years back? Please attach some similar cases , or drop your opinion.

Thanks! 

Edited by Chances101
  • Like 2

• Administrators

You may want to look at @mustang as well who had beard hair placed in his donor. Generally, BHT on its own isn't the best donor source, but if you're using it for one small area in the donor it may be okay.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Chances101 changed the title to Beard hair to head for thin donor area
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 2:57 AM, Chances101 said:

Can any one show an example of beard hair to head results ? I Have a thick beard and was thinking about using it to fill in a thin donor spot from a bad transplant a few years back? Please attach some similar cases , or drop your opinion.

Thanks! 

Have you done your own research to find the best Doctors that could do BHT at this moment? Could you share it with us?

For sure Eugenix could be the leader of this option right now but it would be great to have a bunch of clinics that could do this. 

• 2 months later...

I have had it done on multiple occasions, from Dr. Umar, the king himself, and yes, it works. It has worked in all of my numerous strip scars from the 90's, but more importantly, it has added density to awful transplants from the 90's. Were it not for beard hair I would still be wearing a ball cap everywhere. 

Edited by wylie
  • Like 2