Jan 2023 / Keser / 1250 Grafts / NW3

Davy773

26 year old male on Dutasteride and Oral Minoxidil for around a year

I was quoted between 1,000 - 1,500 grafts to slightly lower my hairline and my transplant was scheduled for the 4th - 6th of January 2023

• 01/02/2023 - Arrived in Ankara. Stayed in a small hotel close to the clinic recommended by the doctor's staff
  • 01/04/2023 - Had my first procedure, which was 600 grafts focused on the right side of my hairline
  • 01/05/2023 - I was't able to see the doctor due to a family emergency he had
  • 01/06/2023 - Had my 2nd procudure and received an additional 650 grafts to the left side of my hairline
  • 01/07/2023 - First wash by the doctor himself and received care instructions 

My stay: My stay sucked tbh but it was my fault. I shoulda did more homework on Turkey before flying out there. I stayed in my room a lot because I didn't know anything about the country or Ankara as a city, and that was torture lol 

My hair transplant experience: The first scheduled day, January 4th, went according to plan. I wasn't able to see the doctor the second day, January 5th, because of a family emergency regarding the doctor's cousin. I may be outa line but this really upset me, it felt unprofessional. On the third day, January 6th, it felt like the doctor was rushing because he canceled the day before and we were down to the last scheduled day of the transplant. During the harvesting, which was focused on the middle and left side of the donor area, I felt a lot of pain. It felt like the doctor was just jamming his tool into the back of my head as quickly as he could. There was a lot of blood on that day, and after the harvesting was done we even had to wait because one of the areas the doctor grabbed hair from wouldn't stop bleeding, and that is one of the areas of my donor zone I still feel a significant amount of pain in. 

What I liked: The doctor, and his team of two nurses along with the translator, are very involved throughout the entire process. From drawing the hairline, to transplanting the hairs. What I also really like is that the doctor has been working with his two nurses for years, this is something I asked about. My favorite thing about the doctor has to be that he splits the transplant up into multiple days, which in my opinion allows him to be more accurate since he's not in a time crunch, even though he ended up in one anyways in my case. 

What I didn't like: In terms of time, the doctor and his team are unorganized and somewhat careless, in my opinion. I didn't know what time I would be at the clinic for my appointment until the day before, and it also didn't help that he canceled one of the scheduled days. 

Overall: I am satisfied with the hairline design and I'm happy it was done with a limited amount of grafts, however I'm very concerned about my donor area, specifically the left side of the donor area.

FINISHED PRODUCT

RIGHT BEFORE DAY 1

REAR DONOR

LEFT SIDE DONOR

RIGHT SIDE DONOR

HAIRLINE BEFORE PROCEDURE

90296D06-4070-43FA-9382-8025CF2A8A97.jpeg

F6B86EED-F70A-4FEB-8790-5CD4D8CFCFEF.jpeg

CA4DFB7F-9CE4-4920-97C8-CDD4FF81E80D.jpeg

D5EF7C52-FBC0-45D4-9F63-96B99917C7B7.jpeg

A62E6A68-3346-4F0D-9E3F-021F0580842E.jpeg

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Replaced photos per OP request

• Administrators

I don’t see anything alarming. Shock loss happens, even if you get a small number grafts. This video might help

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Davy773 changed the title to Jan 2023 / Keser / 1250 Grafts / NW3
  • 2 weeks later...

12 days post op - left and right side hairline. I’ve been really busy w work so I haven’t really had the chance to get better photos. I’ll try to get some soon. 

I really do not wanna shed my new hairline 😭 lol I’m also very tempted to get a low fade

Also is there anything I can apply to my donor area to make sure it heals good? Min? Oils? 

D5CFD262-40D0-4E18-8EE8-714842210FE7.jpeg

D6974B61-F8F4-4323-AF36-81C42C59DB41.jpeg

Edited by Davy773

With all due respect, I suppose, we, as his crew and the doctor himself, are entitled to have some questions and comments on what you have expressed about your experience with us in Turkey.

First and foremost, considering the fact that his first degree cousin had a bad traffic accident and passed away on the second day of your surgery, what kind of professionalism were you expecting and felt dissappointed ? Much as, his work is exceptional, he is a human being after all.  All in all, your surgery had been planned to last two days anyway and it did.  

About your expression of him "rushing" to finish your surgery, we must remind/educate you that for 20 years he has been transplanting up to 700 grafts per patient per day, how can we say that he needed to operate too fast to finish just the 650 grafts you had on your second day which was actually your third day due to the afore-mentioned iconvenience. 

Secondly, in order to be able to evaluate the doctor, the staff and the way we operate as "careless", we think that you should attend or witness more than one surgery. We sadly observe the situation that a person with an experience of one surgery could poorly evaluate another person with an excellent reputation around the world with over two thousand successful surgeries. However,  we can proudly claim that it would take more than one "careless" comment to create a false perception on his reputation. By the way, we are aware of the fact that it wasn't your intention to hassle us but you should have been more conscious about how your not very objective and accurate comments can falsely affect  other hair loss patients.

Thirdly, as a person who is very concerned about professionalism, we feel the urge to criticize you since it seems very confusing to us that you preferred to share your bloody photos that you took yourself with your mobile phone at your hotel instead of sharing the photos (pre-op and post-op) that we took and sent you after we cleaned and sterilized your head. Dr. Keser is very sensitive about these kind of bloody and amateurishly-taken photos being shared on this kind of platforms.

What has been written above has been written because we believe that the site members deserve to hear our side of the story as well.

Sincerely

Fatih Acar
Dr. Keser's Translator

• Like 1

• Davy773 locked and unlocked this topic
12 hours ago, Dr.Keser_s Translator said:

With all due respect, I suppose, we, as his crew and the doctor himself, are entitled to have some questions and comments on what you have expressed about your experience with us in Turkey.

First and foremost, considering the fact that his first degree cousin had a bad traffic accident and passed away on the second day of your surgery, what kind of professionalism were you expecting and felt dissappointed ? Much as, his work is exceptional, he is a human being after all.  All in all, your surgery had been planned to last two days anyway and it did.  

About your expression of him "rushing" to finish your surgery, we must remind/educate you that for 20 years he has been transplanting up to 700 grafts per patient per day, how can we say that he needed to operate too fast to finish just the 650 grafts you had on your second day which was actually your third day due to the afore-mentioned iconvenience. 

Secondly, in order to be able to evaluate the doctor, the staff and the way we operate as "careless", we think that you should attend or witness more than one surgery. We sadly observe the situation that a person with an experience of one surgery could poorly evaluate another person with an excellent reputation around the world with over two thousand successful surgeries. However,  we can proudly claim that it would take more than one "careless" comment to create a false perception on his reputation. By the way, we are aware of the fact that it wasn't your intention to hassle us but you should have been more conscious about how your not very objective and accurate comments can falsely affect  other hair loss patients.

Thirdly, as a person who is very concerned about professionalism, we feel the urge to criticize you since it seems very confusing to us that you preferred to share your bloody photos that you took yourself with your mobile phone at your hotel instead of sharing the photos (pre-op and post-op) that we took and sent you after we cleaned and sterilized your head. Dr. Keser is very sensitive about these kind of bloody and amateurishly-taken photos being shared on this kind of platforms.

What has been written above has been written because we believe that the site members deserve to hear our side of the story as well.

Sincerely

Fatih Acar
Dr. Keser's Translator

Hi Fatih,

As someone who has done a significant amount of research on the hair transplant industry to educate my self, I have grown a lot of respect for Dr.Keser and I still very much admire his work. 

I apologize and recant my comments about the doctor and his team being careless and unprofessional "in terms of time". As you mentioned, the comments themselves were "careless." I would also like to make it clear that my post was not meant to criticize the doctor's work itself. As I mentioned in the post, there is still a lot about the doctor's work I admire and respect. 

Another thing I would like to address are the photos. I wrote this post before you sent me the photos taken at the clinic. If I knew the doctor wanted me to use the photos taken at the clinic I would have done so from the start. @Melvin- Moderator can you allow me to edit my post so I may update the photos? 

Again I apologize for my carless comments and still have a lot of respect for the doctor. 

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Davy773 said:

Hi Fatih,

As someone who has done a significant amount of research on the hair transplant industry to educate my self, I have grown a lot of respect for Dr.Keser and I still very much admire his work. 

I apologize and recant my comments about the doctor and his team being careless and unprofessional "in terms of time". As you mentioned, the comments themselves were "careless." I would also like to make it clear that my post was not meant to criticize the doctor's work itself. As I mentioned in the post, there is still a lot about the doctor's work I admire and respect. 

Another thing I would like to address are the photos. I wrote this post before you sent me the photos taken at the clinic. If I knew the doctor wanted me to use the photos taken at the clinic I would have done so from the start. @Melvin- Moderator can you allow me to edit my post so I may update the photos? 

Again I apologize for my carless comments and still have a lot of respect for the doctor. 

Send me a dm and I will edit it for you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

20 hours ago, Dr.Keser_s Translator said:

Thanks for your re-consideration. We hope your results will turn out the way you have been expecting.

Fatih Acar

Dr. Keser's Translator

These a real raw experiences and this is what makes this forum great, dr keser is a great doctor and no one is gonna say otherwise from seeing “bloody” pictures we all know it’s part of the process with a hair transplant 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 6:41 AM, Dillpickle123 said:

These a real raw experiences and this is what makes this forum great, dr keser is a great doctor and no one is gonna say otherwise from seeing “bloody” pictures we all know it’s part of the process with a hair transplant 

Hello. I see your point and thank you, you are right. However, this is not our concern of people having the wrong idea about the doctor but his wish of seeing his work in its finest state.

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Dr.Keser_s Translator said:

However, this is not our concern of people having the wrong idea about the doctor but his wish of seeing his work in its finest state.

Maybe there’s a bit of a language barrier but I would like to ask for clarification on what you mean by this. I mean no offense. I just want to understand.

Does anyone else find it concerning that they created an account just to argue with a patient? He clearly sensed something was off and he was right. I’m sorry about Dr. Keser’s cousin, but imagine a heart surgeon or neurosurgeon making personal excuses for why the procedure didn’t run smoothly as usual. 

I saw the original hotel room photos and they look no different than the post-op photos. It’s crazy to me that the patient feels he needs to apologize for sharing his true experience. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

Maybe there’s a bit of a language barrier but I would like to ask for clarification on what you mean by this. I mean no offense. I just want to understand.

None taken 🙂 I meant that he is not concerned about his reputation getting ruined by a couple of photos. What I've meant that after all his hard and meticulous work, it is not a surprise that he wishes to see  the clearer photos.  

3 hours ago, Judelaw said:

Does anyone else find it concerning that they created an account just to argue with a patient? He clearly sensed something was off and he was right. I’m sorry about Dr. Keser’s cousin, but imagine a heart surgeon or neurosurgeon making personal excuses for why the procedure didn’t run smoothly as usual. 

I saw the original hotel room photos and they look no different than the post-op photos. It’s crazy to me that the patient feels he needs to apologize for sharing his true experience. 

Maybe it’s because there was another crazy patient about 1.5 years ago slandering Dr. Keser’s reputation on multiple forums because his transplant didn’t fully grow by 3 months. The transplant eventually looked great by 7-8 months but all of the negative comments probably hurt Dr. Keser’s reputation. It’s unfair to claim something has gone wrong a few days after surgery, you need to wait 7-8 months before judging a hair transplant. OP’s post-op pictures look great and there is no sign of any issues.

Edited by Tiger2050
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Judelaw said:

"Does anyone else find it concerning that they created an account just to argue with a patient?"

1) This account-creating issue is long-overdue. We believe that all the hair loss patients ,who consider Dr. Keser as an option, should be able to hear from us even if it looks like an “argument”  to some people. I can understand why you find the timing concerning but this is obviously only your point of view which you can clearly express on this website. And this makes our intention of creating this account even clearer; to be able to tell our side of the story. Would you like us to keep completely silent about everything at all times ?

"It’s crazy to me that the patient feels he needs to apologize for sharing his true experience."

2) Nobody's needed to do nothing. From the very first message to the very last message, the patient has written what he has felt, without any kind of manipulation and the problem was not what he said. It was how he said.  We handled the situation in a very civilized way. There was no disrespect towards him, either. It was purely just an exchange of opinions. I believe we can have opinions, or can't we ?

And finally, we claim that expressing ourselves freely and respectfully should not bother anybody who wishes to see things from all aspects. Otherwise, trying to silence one side completely is the thing that should be regarded as something “concerning”.  

• 1 month later...

It’s officially been 75 days since my last procedure. Not seeing much results, which is concerning me to be honest, but the doctor’s team advised me that I’m still early in the process. I’m trying to be patient but it’s getting hard 😐

Thoughts? 

7272853E-6B20-4815-AA87-26B8937E65C0.jpeg

7F33F541-4AE3-40EA-A5A2-2B2FF878318F.jpeg

D3898805-FD4D-4779-87A4-879917A2E7EB.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Davy773 said:

It’s officially been 75 days since my last procedure. Not seeing much results, which is concerning me to be honest, but the doctor’s team advised me that I’m still early in the process. I’m trying to be patient but it’s getting hard 😐

Thoughts? 

7272853E-6B20-4815-AA87-26B8937E65C0.jpeg

7F33F541-4AE3-40EA-A5A2-2B2FF878318F.jpeg

D3898805-FD4D-4779-87A4-879917A2E7EB.jpeg

75 days is still too early. After month 4 you will see some difference. Best of luck 🤞 

• Administrators

It takes at least 90 days to start seeing growth.

View my thread

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...