Swelling after FUE - Remedies?

mavigo

Hey guys, 

So I just had my first FUE a day ago and my face is swelling up like never before. Forehead swelling, under my eyes, in he upper corners of my eyes. My first procedure was an FUT with virtually no swelling. 

I know this happens sometimes and I'm taking the prescribed steroids. I've been sleeping upright. Is this something you just ride out for a few days or can I go hard with motrin to help speed up the "de-swelling"? 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• Valued Contributor

In all likelihood you just ride it out and continue to massage the the swelling down and around the eyes to help things drain out (or as per your clinic's instructions). Maybe try not sleeping completely upright either, but at more like 45 degrees.

• Like 3

All they said was put a hot back on it and it will go away eventually. Basically got double black eyes. 

After a few days I looked like I had just gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.  No pain at all but just pretty puffy.  As quick as it occurred, it diminished just as quick.  You will look fine in a few short days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm now on day 4 and coming out on the upswing. The fluids have drained past my eyes and I can now open them mostly. 2 days ago, my eyes were literally sealed shut; could barely see. 

Think in about a day I should be able to go back to using contacts. This all definitely was a big surprise to me. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 9:44 AM, JohnCasper said:

After a few days I looked like I had just gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.  No pain at all but just pretty puffy.  As quick as it occurred, it diminished just as quick.  You will look fine in a few short days.

It's gone now except for my eye sockets are a rainbow. I had to call off work twice, it was too much straining to try and see my computer screens. I could not wear contacts for 3 days and it felt really strange. I'm glad that's over with. 

Glad you're on the road to recovery.  Keep us posted with your progress.

• Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.