Crown area after 5 months of surgery

User New

5 months is very early in the growth timeline. Grafts don't start popping until month 2-4. You have 7 months left to see the finished product. Also you might want to post a before surgery picture as well as surgical info graft count etc. to get more informed responses. 

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• Valued Contributor

The crown area generally takes longer to grow than other areas of the scalp (frontal/mid section, etc). As @hairthere has stated that really it's too early to see results. Do you have before and after surgery pics and the number of grafts used? Either way it's still too early.

16 hours ago, Gatsby said:

The crown area generally takes longer to grow than other areas of the scalp (frontal/mid section, etc). As @hairthere has stated that really it's too early to see results. Do you have before and after surgery pics and the number of grafts used? Either way it's still too early.

A107E43F-0ED1-4E9F-A59B-C991E72E84BA.jpeHere is my post surgery pic. 

It's very difficult to cover the crown area.  Be patient, you will be fine.  Give us a little more information.  Number of grafts, etc.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 1 month later...

@User New,

It would help if we knew what we were looking at. For example, the picture you posted first… Is that the way your crown looks five months after surgery? What did it look like before surgery? Keep in mind also that you have to be realistic as to what can be achieved in the crown and with hair transplant surgery in general.  If your crown was completely bald prior to surgery or it was exceptionally thin, then if what you presented in your first post is five months postop, I’d say it’s looking pretty good.

just keep in mind that it takes up to 12 to 18 months to see your final result and you really can’t evaluate the procedure until your results grow in full.  That said, make sure you speak to your surgeon as you what can be realistically achieved and what you can expect when the results fully grow in. most patients don’t see a fully grown crown with no signs of thinning.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.