Seeking advice for £4,000 - £5,000

Hair2023

Hi guys,

What a great platform this is for people seeking advice about where to go!

I’m 27 and keen to sort my hair this winter, I have about £5,000 saved up for this.

I’m aware of the top Doctors in Istanbul: Bicer, Gur, Turan etc, but I’m wondering if there are any other options within Europe or the UK for the given price? I’d prefer to stay within the UK or Europe.

From tendering to various clinics I need roughly 3,000 grafts for my temples and crown areas (NW4).

I’ve written to a couple within the UK however I don’t see many reviews of some of the clinics I wrote to, here are my UK contacts.

Hillside Hair Clinic - not sure of the surgeon

Dr Kalra - Harley Street Hair Transplant, quoted me £4,499

Dr Arshad - HairDr

Cheers all!

• Valued Contributor

Welcome @Hair2023. To be honest I would work the other way around. I would look at the recommended surgeons on the forum and look at their patient results. Try and find a surgeon who has turned out lots of excellent results on patients with similar hair and hair loss to yourself and also with results that you are looking for. Bare in mind that this surgery (and results) is for life so it will involve travel most likely. If the cost is too much then you are better off saving up. All the best.

• Like 3

Hi Gatsby,

Yes, that’s good advice.

I was considering Smile then I cancelled, contacted Bicer but she’s full until December 2023, Gur is free February but their customer care isn’t that great so I’m not totally leaning towards them, what is your/anybody’s rating on Dr Yamam? His customer care is very helpful, just unsure if his results are fantastic or not??

Has anyone ever had any work from Dr Kalra? I think his practice is different to the “Harley Street” that Wayne Rooney and co went to.

Cheers!

On 1/3/2023 at 11:06 PM, Gatsby said:

Welcome @Hair2023. To be honest I would work the other way around. I would look at the recommended surgeons on the forum and look at their patient results. Try and find a surgeon who has turned out lots of excellent results on patients with similar hair and hair loss to yourself and also with results that you are looking for. Bare in mind that this surgery (and results) is for life so it will involve travel most likely. If the cost is too much then you are better off saving up. All the best.

Hi Gatsby,

Yes, that’s good advice.

I was considering Smile then I cancelled, contacted Bicer but she’s full until December 2023, Gur is free February but their customer care isn’t that great so I’m not totally leaning towards them, what is your/anybody’s rating on Dr Yamam? His customer care is very helpful, just unsure if his results are fantastic or not??

Has anyone ever had any work from Dr Kalra? I think his practice is different to the “Harley Street” that Wayne Rooney and co went to.

Cheers!

• Administrators

Forget about cost and look at results. Never choose a doctor simply because you can afford them. Choose them because they’re the best for your situation. It need be save up a little more. Do it right the first time!

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Forget about cost and look at results. Never choose a doctor simply because you can afford them. Choose them because they’re the best for your situation. It need be save up a little more. Do it right the first time!

Very true!

From online research the UK don’t seem to offer fantastic results with quite a high price in return, so I think I’ll miss the UK.

Both Dr Gur and Dr Yaman seem to be safe choices, however I have seen a couple of negative cases for Yaman (on here and on YouTube) I’m not sure if they’re truly representative of his work. What’s your opinion on Gur and on Yaman?

I can also see that Dr Gur has his own website which is separate from FUECapilar, has anybody dealt with his website/directly as opposed to FueCapilar?

Cheers again!

Dr Arshad has plenty of reviews on here, mine included. Type his name into the search bar. He charges £3 per graft (or at least he did in 2021 when I had mine done). That’s pretty much the same as Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, and other elite doctors in Europe. 

On 1/3/2023 at 11:06 PM, Gatsby said:

Hi Gatsby,

Yes, that’s good advice.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Marko7t4 said:

Dr Arshad has plenty of reviews on here, mine included. Type his name into the search bar. He charges £3 per graft (or at least he did in 2021 when I had mine done). That’s pretty much the same as Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, and other elite doctors in Europe. 

@Marko7t4, yes had a look at yours and it looks great mate! Folk were saying Dr Arshad lacked density, I received a quote from Yaman, Gur and Turan they all said 3,000 - 3,500 grafts, however Dr Arshad said 1,500 - 2,000 which a bit questioning. 
Do you know if he’ll put more grafts in if you think it will lack density? 
Does he do FUE sapphire or DHI? 
Yes still £3 per graft. 

Would you rank him in the top tier in Europe?

Anyway I’ve narrowed it down to Yaman and Arshad. Maybe I’m overthinking it far too much.

Cheers

10 hours ago, Hair2023 said:

Hi Gatsby,

Yes, that’s good advice.

Cheers!

@Marko7t4, yes had a look at yours and it looks great mate! Folk were saying Dr Arshad lacked density, I received a quote from Yaman, Gur and Turan they all said 3,000 - 3,500 grafts, however Dr Arshad said 1,500 - 2,000 which a bit questioning. 
Yes still £3 per graft. 

Anyway I’ve narrowed it down to Yaman and Arshad. Maybe I’m overthinking it far too much.

Cheers

Have you had a face to face consult with Dr Arshad?  If not, I’d suggest you do. A number of patients were told they needed an extra 500 grafts on the day of the operation (including me). This cost an extra £1500, and is obviously a shock if you haven’t budgeted for it. I need a top up due to lack of density following my HT with him, just like many others who had their procedure around the same time. I know that Sommiya said in another forum that they had worked out what the previous issue was and were addressing it. 

@Marko7t4

Not had a face to face consultation, only via the photos I sent. I’ve arranged a consultation over the phone but they phoned a bit after they arranged to and wasn’t able to speak, arranging one for tomorrow though so will be interesting to see what they say.

Yes I can imagine that will be quite a shock, and is your top up free or?

How was the surgery done? FUE or DHI?

cheers

It was FUE mate. Surgery was fine. Once the anaesthetic is in then you won’t feel anything. The anaesthetic is the most painful part, but it’s over pretty quickly. I’ve been offered a free top up of 500 grafts.  You’d be better having a proper meeting if you can, you so you know exactly how many grafts you’ll need before you get there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 11:20 PM, Hair2023 said:

Hi Gatsby,

Yes, that’s good advice.

Cheers!

Yes still £3 per graft. 

Cheers

No I would not. Just spend a few hours looking in detail at the results from the names mentioned as the best in the EU and the average result of this doctor and you can easily see for yourself.

You are absolutely not overthinking it, it’s a serious procedure and it’s very very important to do a lot of research to understand it all as much as possible before going ahead with your chosen doctor.