Odd Graft Placement

• Administrators

I saw this post on instagram, and a few issues stand out. 

#1. The hairline is way too straight.

#2. The placement is too patterned. It’s like someone drew it on. Hairlines should be irregular. 

#3. The grafts looked like they’re angled from right to left. Now, this may be okay if he plans on combing his hair this way, but will present some real problems if he ever wants to change hair styles. 

58F9B8A4-A933-425F-9ACD-541B31CBFA74.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Yes I have to agree @Melvin- Moderator. The hairline seems way too low and straight. As you say their are no break away irregular grafts placed along the hairline at all. Do you know from the instagram post who performed this?

I do, but don’t want to say publicly. Some clinics get sue happy. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

#2. The placement is too patterned. It’s like someone drew it on. Hairlines should be irregular. 

#3. The grafts looked like they’re angled from right to left. Now, this may be okay if he plans on combing his hair this way, but will present some real problems if he ever wants to change hair styles. 

poor guy has hardly got any forehead, just eyebrows and then hairline 🤣🙈

• Moderators

I agree with all 3 of your statements. However if it grows well then the patterned placement may not matter because it's dense enough that you won't be able to tell. The hair line too low and the angling to one side will both be issues for sure though.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

He had a lot of grafts. I really wonder what the donor area looks like.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

The frontal area looks like a machine did it, or the doc was using a ruler to keep the lines straight. :D  That's not possible right? I've only heard of of robotic machines being used for the extractions. 

Looking at that again would be curious to see if anything grows in the front. Could be like a scam operation that implants enough real hair so that something will grow, the rest of the incisions are made by some machine and hairs may not even be implanted in those. To sorta cover their butts somewhat and maybe sucker the guy into coming back and doing a 'repair' procedure. 

Edited by ciaus

Poor guy could get successfully scanned at a checkout. 

All I can think of is that the clinic have tried to implement micro irregularities using multi’s and following a pattern (which defeats the whole purpose of micro ‘irregularities’). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 4:29 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

It almost looks photoshopped. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t think you can tell which way the grafts are angled actually. I think it’s an illusion caused by the fact they’re all in diagonal lines, but the actual hairs could be pointing the correct direction.

front third looks high density.

it looks too low, but that may just be the photo angle as it also seems to be above his temple points.

id love to see the end result,