I had a HT with Dr. Armani

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful.

Could you possibly be any LESS specific? geez..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

I had 4500 units transplanted. The operation took place in Toronto and took about 12 hours. After the operation, I had to put on vitamin e oil for about one month and Rogain for 14 months. Needless to say I paid a ton of money. My hairline looks natural but I am not happy with the overall results. There are spots that are missing hair and I am currently looking for another hair transplant surgeon that can fix my bad results. Once you paid you are on your own. I would not go there again.

Take your pick from the many Coalition surgeons on the list.. Many good ones out there!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Sorry to hear that your not happy .

There are quite a few unhappy Armani patients these days.

Dont feel bad as I just talked to a guy that had one surgery that produced maybe 30% growth and a "touchup" that was not much better.

A grand total of over 7000 fue grafts in the frontal 1/3 and its still see through.

He was very young and a nw 2 before the surgery

Was in FUE?

Are you looking for FUE or strip for your next surgery ?

Stay away from armani (well you know that now)

his best results are great, but he is very inconsistent, expensive and extremely aggressive on younger patients.

I have just turned 24 and was one step away from getting 3000 grafts with Armani. The rep even tried to get me to lower my hairline and use 3500 grafts. There was no way i needed 3000 grafts as many coalition Docs have said i need 1500. I believe the man up stairs stopped me from getting it done somehow as it would of ruined my life with potentially losing more hair in the future and getting in alot of debt and pyschological problems. They suck you in with all the great advertisements and they certainly had me. They didnt even ask about my family history or me losing hair in the future. What a great Dr this Armani bloke is! yeah right! Lucky escape!

When i was doing my research for my 1st procedure, armani was also one of my initial choices.

When i wanted an online consultation, he had one of his "associates" in my country call me on my private phone.

Needless to say, that was an unwelcome experience..

The best decision I evr made was backing out of my procedure with armani and going for a HT with dr. rahal.

The consultant at armani said I needed 3500,I said i would go 3000, Dr. Rahal said maybe 2500 and my beastly donor supply pumped out 2998.

i backed out due to an overwhelming bad feeling that was looming over me about the clinic.

I lost $2,000 in deposit, but do not really regret it.

Martinnyc, look into Dr. Rahal in Ottawa Ontario, he is an awesome surgeon, my 2nd suggestion is Dr's hasson and wong.

good luck

2998 grafts/ Dr. Rahal/ 9/11/2007

My Hair Loss Weblog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

Pretty damn happy

unfortunately a lot of guys have been guinea pigs for armani's megasession fue procedure. sorry to hear you were one of them. i had dr. feller do repair work for me and i'm very happy. i would also suggest h&w, rahal, shapiro, alexander (to name a few). best of luck to you...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

After 14 months I have about 30%-40% growth. I am very disappointed to say the very least. I look like i am just starting to bald. Not the look that I was going for! I will most likely go for a strip procedure. I looked at some website but

i am not sure if i can believe the before and after pictures. Anyway, now the search is on for a new HT Doctor.

Originally posted by martinnyc71:

After 14 months I have about 30%-40% growth. I am very disappointed to say the very least. I look like i am just starting to bald. Not the look that I was going for! I will most likely go for a strip procedure. I looked at some website but

i am not sure if i can believe the before and after pictures. Anyway, now the search is on for a new HT Doctor.

please consider posting a couple before and after pics (or atleast some after) and perhaps a pic showing where your grafts were placed... i DO beieve you recieved 40% growth but how about you show us what your talkin about too... its very easy to block out your face and identity if your more comfortable... thanks

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

If you're in new york you have one of the best right here: dr. feller. other top u.s. surgeons include alexander and shapiro. i have also liked the look of results from keene, gabel and lindsey.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

martinnyc

i'm out on long island if you ever want to meetup for a beer & talk some ht bs. i've had a ht with dr hasson & i'm happy with it. pm me with your email or phone. i don't work for any dr or clinic. sorry to hear about your results with dr armani.

Bill

i commend this site for giving martin a place to seek help.

lms

i hope your holidays were good. i see you still in there helping out.

rtc

I had HT with Armani too. I am disappointed with what I am seeing on the internet about the clinic and the results. I am not yet at twelve months, but I can see that when the full waiting period elapses my yield won't be adequate.

The techs did the procedure not Armani. Armani only cut the recipient slits. When I talk to the clinic, which has only been a couple times since the HT (and never initiated by them) I either talk to a sales rep or the Mexican nurse who more or less directed the operation. I feel like I got my HT by this Mexican who isn't even a MD, not by a "world-class doctor." Now that I find out this is highly irregular not to mentional illegal, it enrages me.

I heard tremendous things about Armani from Farrel's site, and he was made out to be a top 2 or 3 doctor in the world. I feel like I was sold a bill of goods.

Thanks for listening to me vent.

You was mate, but your not alone and the marketing and pictures were very enticing. Be great if you could post some pics, i know you may not want too, after all your hardly going to be super psyched about it, but too few Armani patients with poor yield are posting their pics...see it as a way to get back at the Doc

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

WellSpring Sorry to hear about your situation.

I bet that nurse is Miguel your talking about .

He received his bachelor's degree in biology from a college in Mexico.

Nice guy and is the only one with a brain.

Farrel should be part of the blame for all these poor results also.

He let this Armani BS happen for a longtime without EVER calling him out .

Anyway I hope things get better .

Start a new thread if you wish and pics would be great

Yes, I only wish I had more patience to combat the Armani hooligans like Hopefull and LMS, as well as a few others; unfortunately, it isn't exactly an appealing task.....

particularly, when you are dealing with and being villified by people who are -- at the very least -- allowed to run amuck.

The Barnum&Bailey Circus of Bullshit that blanketed that site by those who promoted or even tolerated pro-Armani agenda was and is an utter disgrace.

How come many of us simple bystanders saw this all too clearly all too long ago.....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by martinnyc71:

Are there no great HT in the US!? It looks like

all the good ones are in Canada!

Martinnyc71:

There are lots of good docs in the US. I am from Canada, and i went to the US to have my HT with dr. Cooley from Charlotte.

Check the list of doctors from the Coalition.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I have just stumbled across a few threads about all this Armani bashing, and im hopeing its not all like this. i had a hair transplant at the start of DEC 2008 with Dr Armani (he made the incisions the techs did the rest, i made my choice to have the hair transplant after seeing great results on his site and a lot of testimonials of his work, i am hopeing i do not become one of these victims who have had poor results as when i had the transplant i was unaware of the differences in yield quality survival rate between strip and FUE i just thought it was a newer way of doing it as times have advanced, i am 2 months almost to the day post opp. so i will upload as many pictures throughout the remaining growth period, i have spent the last 2 days reading all of the bashing and everything else regarding Armani, lawsuits and about poor results, let me just tell you that i am NEUTRAL to everything im not bashing Armani just YET and am not saying i am unhappy with anything just YET im just an ordinary guy from the u.k. who traveled to Toronto to have his hair sorted out and now i have stumbled across things im not liking the sound of i will upload pics shortly of before and 2 months on anyone who wants to contact me that's fine as im always online and also to put in here quick, i actually specifically asked DR ANTONIO Armani in the consultation that we had an hour before the surgery if he had had anyone who's grafts did not grow as this was a concern for me, he told me he has never had anyone with less than 80% growth and that the survival grate was mostly 95% he said even if i did absolutely nothing after the surgery (no proscar no taking care and no minoxidil i would still have no less that 50% growth, any cements, questions, concerns, all welcome

i have come on here for reassurance that my HT will be successful but from what im hearing it will be touch and go. thanks

before_HT.thumb.JPG.ef5ddc2eb41bda507c90316594566d6d.JPG

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily