Dr. Nakatsui, frontal scalp restoration, 1725 grafts FUT

This is a patient who came in for follow-up recently. He initially  came in wanting to restore his frontal scalp, which had thinned significantly. After going through the options of FUE and FUT, he decided to proceed with FUT. We transplanted a total of 1725 grafts to restore the frontal scalp approximately 1 year ago.

He received 888 single hair grafts, 702 two-hair grafts, and 135 three-hair grafts via the strip technique. He is very happy with the results.

Dr. Nakatsui

https://drnakatsui.com

52581762964_7b1a98640f_k.jpg

52581037602_da69335c44_k.jpg

52581935470_50f3cf7f66_k.jpg

52581037557_f34b2fb41f_k.jpg

52599249763_1ae3246956_k.jpg

52581500336_8998a6e1dc_k.jpg

52581037497_b66a82b7f3_k.jpg

52582016948_c80c746cc5_k.jpg

52581500291_1d553e3d0e_k.jpg

52581037587_80510d0003_k.jpg

• Administrators

Great results for a small number of grafts 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Im curious, in 2022/3 where most surgeons don't transect grafts, whats the benefit of doing FUT over FUE for such small amount of grafts? I'm still surprised some patients go that route. Is a slightly higher survivality really worth it in exchange for strip scar?

• Valued Contributor
23 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Im curious, in 2022/3 where most surgeons don't transect grafts, whats the benefit of doing FUT over FUE for such small amount of grafts? I'm still surprised some patients go that route. Is a slightly higher survivality really worth it in exchange for strip scar?

For a lot of people the strip scar is a non-issue. For people who keep their hair long it really doesn’t matter.

Plus, I wouldn’t say that most aren’t transecting. I’ve only heard of a handful of surgeons who truly aren’t transecting grafts on a consistent basis and those doctors are 🤑🤑🤑 or their waitlists are years long.

With the survival rate of strip still being so high it’s going to be valuable option for many.

But, I mean, if someone is going into this and wanting to keep their hair faded on the sides and back then, yeah, you really have no choice but to save your money and wait a long time.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 11:47 PM, WhereIsMyMind said:

You take ur doctors word that no grafts are being transected? lol

Trust me even best docs are transecting , and also a lot more partial transections.

Great result doctor! You always seem to do more with less grafts. I'm curious if you could post some more pictures of larger cases and FUE.

Being in Edmonton, I've been a fan for a long time of your work and it's also nice that your in my backyard.

• 6 months later...

Melvin, Dillpickle, Whereismymind, Steeeve, Shiba, Andy,

Sorry for the late replies, everyone. Thank you all for your wonderful comments!

On 1/1/2023 at 10:47 PM, WhereIsMyMind said:

This is a good question and I think Steeeve did a good job answering it. I always give patients the choice between both procedures as I am happy to do either procedure for the patient. As Steeeve said, for some who keep their hair longer in the back, the strip scar is not an issue and they actually don't want to shave their donor area down. On the other hand, if a patient likes a close fade in the back, FUE is the only way to go. There is also a difference in cost between the procedures, although it's not huge with this number of grafts. Even so, this can be a factor for some patients.

On 1/9/2023 at 5:25 PM, andy_+_+ said:

Great result doctor! You always seem to do more with less grafts. I'm curious if you could post some more pictures of larger cases and FUE.

Being in Edmonton, I've been a fan for a long time of your work and it's also nice that your in my backyard.

Thanks so much. I will indeed post  some larger cases and more FUE cases in the future. I also want to post more female HTs as well. I appreciate the comments. I wish I had more time in the day.

Dr. Nakatsui

https://drnakatsui.com