How To Use The Advanced Search Function

• Administrators

Dear Community,

It’s come to my attention that many of you do not know how to use the search function properly.

It’s very comprehensive, you can search by author, tags and date. 

Let’s say you want to look for “Norwood 6 results from Dr. Bisanga.” You would put these terms in the search function (note, specific terms will pull up fewer results.) 

63A94E78-EBF9-4995-B595-B502973E45A3.jpeg

Then you would click “content titles only” and “all of my search terms” 

8D9B1489-4346-4673-9C8A-E9DC3DF8F851.jpeg

The more specific the search term the harder it will be to get results, so I suggest making it broad. 

For example 2,500 grafts. 

3932E6BD-46C0-4F13-9818-C5201C4C83F2.png

You can even search in specific sub-forums like below, this will allow to pull up all reviews from patients who had 2,500 grafts.

8D1F3B6C-9B48-44C7-B71A-98EBE7336A9D.png

I suggest playing around with the settings. You can be as detailed as you want or as broad as you want. Feel free to post hacks as you go along.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

“How would I search for all the patient journeys with a graft count between 2500 - 3000? (or any other range your're interested in?“ @NikosHair

Here’s a quick guide. Remember You can adjust it as you go along and change it to whatever graft count you want. 

B9B49621-0A15-4C41-B168-23759AECB5EF.png

54054002-3F2E-4A51-B52D-6E637B3E1B1F.png

6B472763-0CE3-4F2D-8991-738D1CA9839B.png

05EB562F-F868-4D46-A0FC-6338E33B082C.png

37917031-C547-4DD0-8760-1FA11996C399.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Thanks for making the thread I'm sure search is under utilized and this will help.

@mister_25 done a much better job of explaining the issue on the other thread.

18 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Remember You can adjust it as you go along and change it to whatever graft count you want. 

You identify the problem in your answer.

The only way to search for a graft count between 2500 - 3000 is to do 500 separate searches 2500, 2501, 2502 ... 2997 2998, 2999, 3000

Is that the case?

Edited by NikosHair
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, NikosHair said:

Thanks for making the thread I'm sure search is under utilized and this will help.

@mister_25 done a much better job of explaining the issue on the other thread.

You identify the problem in your answer.

The only way to search for a graft count between 2500 - 3000 is to do 500 separate searches 2500, 2501, 2502 ... 2997 2998, 2999, 3000

Is that the case?

The best way is to search a direct number. You can search 2,500-3,000 but it will only show up if someone titled their thread that way. Better to use direct numbers.

View my thread

7 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The best way is to search a direct number.

But you know that prospective patients aren't look for 2514 grafts not a graft more not graft less. (for example)

More likely, they receive a range of quotes (for example) from 2200 - 3200.

They want to see what that sort of range of grafts looks like on a range of patients.

I don't doubt the search is limited as you describe.

The discussion was around how it could be improved to serve the needs of your members better.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, NikosHair said:

But you know that prospective patients aren't look for 2514 grafts not a graft more not graft less. (for example)

More likely, they receive a range of quotes (for example) from 2200 - 3200.

They want to see what that sort of range of grafts looks like on a range of patients.

I don't doubt the search is limited as you describe.

The discussion was around how it could be improved to serve the needs of your members better.

This isn’t true. In fact, many members are searching for exact grafts to compare their own results and numbers. The search function provides a broad function for a variety of searches. Having a massive number of folders with surgeons names is a lot more convoluted. Frankly, it’s not an improvement. This is why Google is the most popular site, you can search whatever you want. 

View my thread

27 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This isn’t true. In fact, many members are searching for exact grafts to compare their own results and numbers.

If you have a range you can choose the same number to start and finish 2514 .. 2514.

The exact number of graft members get their search and the rest of us that wouldn't mind seeing 2500 .. 2550, get our search.

Everyone's a winner in a range search☺️

42 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is why Google is the most popular site, you can search whatever you want. 

Perfect example it doesn't make you do 500 separate searches for a number range.

It gives you the ability to specify a range.

image.thumb.png.35a5b53deaf838ce3447ed393d106260.png

• Well Done 1

• 10 months later...

It’s time is now.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY