Need Shampoo/ Conditioner advise: 4 years after hair transplant

Hey Guys I am back to the forum after a long time. It will be 4 years after a successful HT in Feb 2023. I am more than happy with the result so far.

Here's a link to my Hair transplant thread if anyone's interested.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/52984-hair-transplant-date-fixed-dr-tejinder-bhatti-darling-buds-on-1-march-2019/page/4/#comment-558019

I recently moved from India to Canada and I cannot find my regular shampoo/ conditioner combo here in canada. Like many hair loss sufferers, I am very particular about my hair care regimen. I would like your suggestion on which shampoo/ conditioner combo should I shift to. I have wavy, thin and fine hair which is obviously suseptible to Male pattern Baldness.

I started using Nioxin system 2 as I didnt know any better option. Any long term user here. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. I really do not trust any other sources when it comes to the topic of hair loss ( Once bitten, Twice shy )

Before this I was using the following shampoo/ conditioner combo:

image.thumb.png.13988fa434c067c57713d9253c61674d.png

Just to be clear first: there isn't any shampoo that can treat "hair loss". A medicated shampoo would need at least 9+ minutes of scalp exposure for any absorbtion which is very uncomfortable, so it would always be better to just use a topical solution and not a shampoo.

If what you mean is shampoos to improve hair appeareance and skin health, then sure, there are many shampoos that can help. For example I have very sensitive scalp with eczema, and shampoos without sulfates or aggressive fragances work best for me. I don't know which one to recommend tho sorry!

17 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Just to be clear first: there isn't any shampoo that can treat "hair loss". A medicated shampoo would need at least 9+ minutes of scalp exposure for any absorbtion which is very uncomfortable, so it would always be better to just use a topical solution and not a shampoo.

If what you mean is shampoos to improve hair appeareance and skin health, then sure, there are many shampoos that can help. For example I have very sensitive scalp with eczema, and shampoos without sulfates or aggressive fragances work best for me. I don't know which one to recommend tho sorry!

Thanks @WhereIsMyMind

Yeah I know. I take Finasteride 1mg daily and Dutasteride 0.5 mg weekly once for as part of my hair maintenance regimen post my hair transplant. I have been taking finasteride daily for almost 7 years now.

Stopped using Minoxidil 6 months post HT since cosmetically it made my hair sticky

I also shampoo using Nizoral 2% weekly once.

It is just that like many of us, I am very particular about what shampoo, conditioner, styling product I use on my hair. Till now I was using a sulphate/ paraben free shampoo which was fine for me since last 2 years. However, I have recently moved to Canada and the same combo isnt available over here. I replaced it with Nioxin 2 almost a week back but I am a little skeptical. Thinking of ordering the Regenpure shampoo/conditioner line.

• Like 1