Wondering if ht failed

drew24

I got a hair transplant december 1st. My scabs came off around the 8th day. I seen all of the hairs that were transplants on the recipient area. However on december 16th i see that some of the hair fell out and now there are bald patches. Just wondering if the hair transplant failed

20221223_134826.jpg

You have lots to look forward to in 3-4 months.  All's well.

• Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Moderators

Almost all of the transplanted hair will fall out and you will probably get some temporary shock loss fall out of native hair you had in or around the area before the transplant. This is all normal.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

"BeHappy" is correct.  Hang in there.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

@drew24,

i’m not sure if your physician/clinic took the time to explain how hair transplant surgery works. But Sergio Harris ration is a process that takes 12 to 18 months to fully grow in and mature. You only just had your hair transplant on December 1 as you said. So unless you’re referring to 2021, you only had your hair transplant less than a month ago. 

Well I can’t speak for the outcome of your procedure at this stage especially since I don’t know your surgeon/clinic, what I can tell you is that you will go through phases before you see your hair transplant grow in.

As you already have experience, your newly transplanted hair has shed which is typical between 4 to 6 weeks after the procedure. But rest assured the Transplant Health fallCole‘s are firmly secured and safe underneath the surface of the scalp.

After that, you may experience some shock loss which is some additional hair loss of the natural hair in and around where hair was transplanted during surgery. After 2 to 3 months, many patients feel they look worse than I did before surgery. I know that can be discouraging but if you understand the process it certainly helps.

You may also start to experience pimples/ingrown hairs as the newly transplanted hair starts to regrow which is between 3 to 5 months after the date of the procedure. 

Transplanted hair typically starts to grow in thin, fine and colorless and as the months go by it will thicken, darken and mature as it grows.  hair will also likely grow in a different rates… A.k.a. the right side might grow faster than the left side, etc.

between six and eight months, you should start seeing pretty good signs of growth and be encouraged by what you’re seeing.

By 12 months, most individuals consider their hair transplant fully grown and mature but often times it takes up to 18 months to see the final results.

I can only imagine how nervous you’re feeling right now if you don’t understand the process but I trust that the members of this community will encourage and support you and help you understand what to expect as the days, weeks and months go by.

I encourage you to share a more detailed account of your experience on another topic along with before and surgical photos and then post monthly pictures of your progress so that we can follow along and offer guidance and support.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.