Finally took the plunge. Booked in for HT in FEB 23. EUGENIX 🤙🏻

G'day Everyone,

It feels so surreal to finally be posting after lurking and learning for so long. I would just like to say thanks to everyone that has shared and contributed to the amazing community we have here on HRN. It's a god send to guys (and girls) all over the world in educating and supporting hair loss sufferers. I have learnt so much and had opinions challenged and changed and I am the better for it. So thank you all.

My background:

Male - 41 - Very Healthy. Maternal Grandfather was a severe balder. NW7 in 30's. Paternal grandfather had a good head of hair at his death late in life. My father has similar hair to me now (maybe slightly better) but is 33 years older.  No brothers.  My hairline was always kinda high but it was reasonably strong until about 30 then retreated. Unfortunately I succumb to the fear around finasteride and stopped taking it less than a month after starting it. I convinced myself I had sides from all the horror stories I was reading. BIG MISTAKE.  By my mid 30's i started to thin through the top and by 40 I am where I am now. So 10 to maybe 15 years of balding. I would say my profession was slow and I never really noticed hair falling out or on my pillow / shower etc. I was very very lazy with my hair (I completely regret disrespecting it) and my entire working life I have worn hats/helmets onto of being a natural hat guy. I live in a cap (which now is advantageous obviously) but I have always done so even with a full head.

Since 2019 I started becoming really conscious of my hair. I guess the visible scalp was clear as day now and from then I have shaved it a 4 then a 3 then a 2. I stayed at a 2 until I discovered SMP and thought that was an amazing option for me and I went and had it at one of the best clinics in Aus. To be honest, I actually like SMP and what it achieves. I think it can look awesome done rights and I would happily advocate for it if it was something somebody wanted. BUUUUUT, not long after having SMP I went down the hole of transplants as the results were soooo much better than they were when I first looked at them maybe 10 years ago. I made my mind up that I wanted one and got the ball rolling. Fin - Check, Min - Check, Dr Pen - Check. Keto shampoo - Check. Started very slowly with Fin (was still a little apprehensive)  and have worked up to a 1mg a day. no sides. happy days. Applying min was a chore and I ended up just getting oral min. I had my GP to so tests to check my heart health and blood work for any markers etc and I got a clean bill of health so Im on 5mg Oral Min. I started micro needling recently and do it once a week. 1.5mm with the A8 dr pen I think. They're op one anyways. I have been on medical therapy since June. I was my hair with 2% Keto x 3 week. Overall I think I have responded pretty good actually. Ive filled in where once I was sparse and thickened up all my hairs. im really happy and will continue my current regime. 

I stoped skin shaving my head 3 months ago to grow my hair out for HT consult photos. so what you see is three months from skin. Maybe slightly longer. no longer than 4 thats for sure. My hair is fine I think. always has been but it's always been dense. Hairdressers always complained about having so much hair. Oh I miss them days haha.

Anyways, I send off my photos and an email to the top 9 surgeons on my list (in no particular order) for review. Bisanga, Mwunba, Frietas, HDC, Eugenix, FUE Capilar (Gur), Medispa and Bicer. I eventually heard back from all and was judged a NW5/NW6. spilt almost down the middle. about what I suspected. high 5 low 6.  quotes are from 5000 to 6000. some required 2 trips of 2500/3000. I live in Australia so thats a lot of traveling and $$ onto. I complied everything into a spreadsheet and worked out what was best for time/travel/costs/2nd and maybe 3rd transplants and style. at the end I was down to three and eventually I settled on Eugenix. for a couple of reasons. 1. they have a great reputation and produce quality work. They are industry leaders in high NW and BHT (which I will need) 2. Their price is bang on and 3. im going to make my round the world trip for a HT a much needed holiday and Inda has always fascinated me. Im excited so say the least.

So I'll post some photos and I'll be back to answer any questions you have or info you would like to offer. I would also love to find out of anyone will be at Eugenix Feb 19-25 in 2023. Lets chat and hopefully catch up.

Thanks Guys

Foxtrot.

IMG_7624.JPG

IMG_7623.JPG

IMG_7633.JPG

IMG_7641.JPG

IMG_7689.JPG

IMG_7679.JPG

IMG_7656.JPG

IMG_7692.JPG

IMG_7672.JPG

IMG_7697.JPG

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@foxtrotwanderer I'm also an Aussie and you have chosen well in Eugenix. I've been to India five times in my life and I will be heading back in three weeks for my second procedure with Eugenix. You have an excellent donor by the way. All the best!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

WOW!! the man, the myth, the LEGEND is the first person to comment!! I'm stoked! Heya mate! its a pleasure to be speaking with you. Ive obviously followed your story since the start and it played its part in my decision making! so thank you for openness and experiences.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great man will be following this, I'll also be there prior to you so we'll all be on similar timeliness of progress!  It's funny it definitely speaks this the quality of this forum that our short list was very similar. 

• Like 1

I’ll be very interested in your result, I think you got what it takes to best one of the best Norwood 5 recoveries out there.

On 12/23/2022 at 10:01 PM, Gatsby said:

@foxtrotwanderer I'm also an Aussie and you have chosen well in Eugenix. I've been to India five times in my life and I will be heading back in three weeks for my second procedure with Eugenix. You have an excellent donor by the way. All the best!

Looking forward to follow part 2 of your legendary journey. I want to see your comeback in all its glory

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

On 12/24/2022 at 12:16 PM, ray35 said:

Great man will be following this, I'll also be there prior to you so we'll all be on similar timeliness of progress!  It's funny it definitely speaks this the quality of this forum that our short list was very similar. 

Thank you mate! When are you booked in? I will have been in India for 2 weeks or so prior to my HT. I'll be coming up from Jaipur on the 19th. Yes, Im here and also on Reddit and while there is some minor discrepancy, I think my list and short list were pretty indicative of the cream of the crop (within reason). Im super happy and confident with my decision. It wasn't made quickly or lightly. Im already counting down in excitement. 

• Like 2

On 12/25/2022 at 11:42 AM, Dillpickle123 said:

Great donor, great beard lol it connects to your body hair lots of grafts there, are you planning on doing temple points as well?

@Dillpickle123 Thanks mate for the encouraging words. Yes, the DHT paradox of balding and body hair is strong with me (thankfully). Im open to Dr. Das taking whatever she needs. I keep my bears at about 5-8mm long stubble year round so I dont need the amount I grew for the pic. She can have anything below the jawline and taking my chest hair would be doing me a favour! haha. I sure am. As you may be able to see, I have an SMP shadow on my upper temple points (with only minor vellous hair present). I will be aiming to turn that shadow into real hair!  

• Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 8:49 AM, mister_25 said:

I’ll be very interested in your result, I think you got what it takes to best one of the best Norwood 5 recoveries out there.

Looking forward to follow part 2 of your legendary journey. I want to see your comeback in all its glory

@mister_25 Appreciate the interest and kind words brother. I am also super optimistic that I will conquer the slap head curse (thanks haircare) in time. I am, like most of us I assume, kicking myself I didn't get onto / didn't stick with, the preventative measures required earlier. But it is what it is. No amount of wishing will re-grow hair. Im grateful that my balding was slow enough to not send me off the very deep end before I developed the courage to act decisively. If I can reinstate my hairline and have quality coverage on top I will be a very happy man. I look forward to sharing my experience and hopefully, helping a man who finds himself in the position I was in not to long ago. I think we all want that, and that is what makes this place so special.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zoomster said:

It’s gonna look like a high Norwood MPB “ cure “ was applied to @foxtrotwanderer..

Everything is in place ….

I actually predict a one and done here .

@Zoomster Brother, if my name and 'Cure' are ever linked, I'll be doing backflips up the main street. I would honestly love that, but I'll be just as happy as having a head that I would be excited to go out in public with, without wearing a hat (by choice). I do love wearing a cap and I will probably still wear one but I would love to be able to take it off without dying inside. Im pretty sure I'll be able to supply 5000FU and I'm planning on being able to afford ($$) and extra 1000FU if needed and possible. I deliberately booked an extra 5 days accomodation following my booked procedure in Gurgaon to both allow me sufficent time to heal before flying around the world ANNNNNND if possible, to enable time for a few extra FU if lucky enough to possess them. Im prepared for a big couple days if Eugenix are able and willing. Fingers Crossed.

Looks good my guy - our hair loss pattern and texture is similar although I'm slightly blonder. Looks like you did your due diligence and I think Eugenix will be a solid choice especially considering your beard availability. The donor on the back looks strong too.

Excellent work as well getting on the meds. You're about as prepared as you can be for a HT.

One idea I may prep you with is that you may opt for a second HT down the road. Eugenix specializes in wide coverage but for guys like you and me that are looking to fill the frontal third and back to the crown it's pretty rare to get it knocked out in one pass. After 2 HTs I'm finally in a place where I don't think about my hair anymore, but I still may get a third HT to sprinkle in density in certain places.

• Thanks 1

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

• 2 weeks later...

Hey dude, have to say a you have excellent donor and body hair to boot, lucky man! 

I am booked for my second HT with Dr Priya Das on 21-22nd February so I may bump into you!

I shall be arriving just the night before surgery so won't have time to explore India unfortunately but maybe stick around a week or so if I can make it work with work. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 9:46 AM, urbanite88 said:

Hey dude, have to say a you have excellent donor and body hair to boot, lucky man! 

I am booked for my second HT with Dr Priya Das on 21-22nd February so I may bump into you!

I shall be arriving just the night before surgery so won't have time to explore India unfortunately but maybe stick around a week or so if I can make it work with work. 

Thanks my man! Hopefully I’ll bump into you at the hotel or the clinic! I’ll keep an eye out mate! I’m at the hotel till the 25th and will be going to the clinic daily for a check up and wash. 

Hey man. I'm booked for Eugenix on the 9/10th February and I've got way less hair on the top of my head and nowhere near near that beard as mine is a lot greyer so probably not the best. I'm sure you'll look great and hope mine goes well too! :/