FUE Bisanga

Joe2432

Hi,

I am scheduled to get around 2700 grafts this upcoming April by Dr. Bisanga.  I just wanted to make this post to see if there were any of his past clients out there who can share their stories/experiences ? 

Dr. Bisanga is also doing my procedure in the USA (which I haven't heard a lot of).  I know that he mainly operates out of Brussels, so should I take into consideration the techs that he would have with him in the USA?  Almost all of the experiences I have read have been out of the Brussels clinic, so I am assuming those Techs will be different from the ones helping in the USA.  

Please let me know any advice.  Thank you 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

There are plenty of write ups with Bisanga! I would use the search function to start your look.

I also haven't heard of Bisanga performing surgeries in th USA. I would love to hear about this after your surgeon or from other members. 

I had a feeling him doing the surgery in the USA was not the norm.  That's why I just wanted to have discussions with others who have been to him previously. 

13 hours ago, Mike10 said:

is it possible you are confusing bisanga with mwamba?

It's definitely Bisanga.  I'm assuming the surgery being performed in the USA is new/different than the norm for him, that's why I just wanted to hear any type of experiences others have had.   I know he has a great reputation.

Ask your patient coordinator whether he will be using the same techs (will they be travelling with him), same tools, same protocols etc. 

Ask more around the background into doing surgeries in the USA, is this a one off, or is it the start of a more regular practice ?

I assume his rates will be higher in the US, to factor in travel costs and clinic hire etc. as well as market place cost is higher in US compared to Europe - Not that this is an issue, but it may make you feel more confident being as transparent as is possible. 

15 hours ago, Mike10 said:

is it possible you are confusing bisanga with mwamba?

As far as I am aware, Mwamba is currently only operating in Brussels and the Congo (where he recently opened a clinic). 

@Joe2432 at least with my Mwamba experience at his (now closed) NJ location, he had one tech who was Belgian and has been by his side for over 10 years (may be even longer than that)

I feel like if Bisanga is operating in the US, he will be brining his Belgian tech(s) with him

Where in the US are you getting operated on? Is Bisanga opening a permanent clinic here or whats the deal?

It's actually pretty big news if Bisanga is operating in the US now

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 5:12 PM, Curious25 said:

Ask your patient coordinator whether he will be using the same techs (will they be travelling with him), same tools, same protocols etc. 

Ask more around the background into doing surgeries in the USA, is this a one off, or is it the start of a more regular practice ?

I assume his rates will be higher in the US, to factor in travel costs and clinic hire etc. as well as market place cost is higher in US compared to Europe - Not that this is an issue, but it may make you feel more confident being as transparent as is possible. 

you're right.  Will definitely do that.  Thank you for help