Where do you buy your hair systems from?

pepsi2022

Hi All

I am considering going down the hair system route and I was just wondering where do you buy your systems from. Do you buy direct from the manufacturer i.e china or do you buy from a local supplier or you know of a great online store … Please feel free to share where you buy your systems so I can do some research before I go down this route … thanks everyone 

• Valued Contributor

Hey @pepsi2022. I wore a hair system for 25 years and I would purchase the basic hair piece from a wig supplier store here in Melbourne. I would then take it to my hair dresser and she would perm it. I would then go back the next day and have it cut into my existing curly hair at the time. This was way cheaper than going to a hair mill. Today I know that the cheapest option would definitely be online. My suggestion would be to buy an inexpensive piece and use it as a demo to cut as you need to to have it fit, etc. I don't have any links I'm sorry. All the best!

• Like 1

I would avoid buying direct from China for your first piece. The main reason is pot luck with quality and its unlikely to be the optimum spec. Its best to find a supplier that will provide a certain standard eg they have done the work of filtering out the best makers. They can also guide you on what would work best and even arrange cut ins etc.

Firstly, whats your country? 

As said, dont equate price with quality once over a reasonable level. There is little or no quality difference between hundreds and thousands spent