Old Habits Die Hard. Am I the Only One?

Gatsby

• Valued Contributor

As many of you know I wore a hair piece for 25 years. When I think about it now that was a really long time looking back. Now that I'm at eleven months post op from my hair transplant my hair is pretty much what it is going to be. Lately I have had to pull myself up. When I go to bed when I'm really tired or if it's really hot I find myself reaching for my hair with the intention of 'taking it off!' 😬🤣 I had a good laugh the first time I found myself doing this. Old habits do die hard I guess!

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Gatsby said:

As many of you know I wore a hair piece for 25 years. When I think about it now that was a really long time looking back. Now that I'm at eleven months post op from my hair transplant my hair is pretty much what it is going to be. Lately I have had to pull myself up. When I go to bed when I'm really tired or if it's really hot I find myself reaching for my hair with the intention of 'taking it off!' 😬🤣 I had a good laugh the first time I found myself doing this. Old habits do die hard I guess!

That’s a great problem to have. I’m reminded of the story @gillenator told about having a date spend the night, only to see a shocked look on her face in the morning. Turns out his toupee was stuck between the wall and the bed. Those days are behind you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I never wore a piece but always was cognizant of my hair since about 25--the wind was a big issue---swimming, too. Never had to worry about sex because I wasn't willing to risk it. Amazing how self-conscious I became; it affected so many parts of my life. In retrospect, maybe it would have been better to just have shaved down? If you are a good candidate and go to the right clinic, it is a life changer. I cannot believe we live in a time and age when baldness is for the most part optional. Great to have this Forum to steer in the right direction.

Edited by Mountinvan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

That’s a great problem to have. I’m reminded of the story @gillenator told about having a date spend the night, only to see a shocked look on her face in the morning. Turns out his toupee was stuck between the wall and the bed. Those days are behind you. 

lmfao, what an horror story

3 hours ago, Mountinvan said:

I never wore a piece but always was cognizant of my hair since about 25--the wind was a big issue---swimming, too. Never had to worry about sex because I wasn't willing to risk it. Amazing how self-conscious I became; it affected so many parts of my life. In retrospect, maybe it would have been better to just have shaved down? If you are a good candidate and go to the right clinic, it is a life changer. I cannot believe we live in a time and age when baldness is for the most part optional. Great to have this Forum to steer in the right direction.

yep, there is really only 2 ways about it -- fully embrace it and shave or go HT + medication asap. Being in the middle of nowhere and insecure is exactly the worst for you and what people consider ugly looks and personality.

• 4 weeks later...

That's a long tome I've worn since 2007.  Sill think of a HT every now and again.  I disagree with the above post.  Wearing has been amazing for me, and its probably one of the reasons I never had a HT which I'm thankful for given I would have done little research and got bad results.  At least now if I did a HT the surgery is sop much better now and the top doctors are well known. And the pieces you can get now are incredible. I don't know if I'll ever have a HT but its nice to know the option is there.  of course being on Hair loss forums for so many years I know people who've had HT'S and just not happy they end up wearing anyway.