Facial masculinization filler before and after

Got 4ml Elanse filler today.

Relatively small amount with the aim of subtle results.

I had it placed in my undereye bone, jawline and chin.

I'm 34 next month and the aim was just to look as robust and goodlooking as I did at 18-20

Before (selfie and long view)

20221215_140746.thumb.jpg.a6ff115c08a907f0c9cb1d277d5cfb09.jpg20221215_163659.jpg.0f81a97336bcd4c6627cba409f9316a5.jpg

After:

20221215_162134.thumb.jpg.fbc07f7eb2466e6c766e459550909662.jpg20221215_163351.jpg.93768612ffbf67ed54a2207e57444244.jpg

Will probably get implants eventually but this is a cheapish (3k AUD) and recovery-free option. I'm happy with the subtle results.

Cheers 

Edited by Ronnieman

• Ronnieman changed the title to Facial masculinization filler before and after
  • Administrators

Looks good, have you considered talking to @OtherSyde and @win200 they both had full custom wraparound jaw implants. Check out their journeys.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Looks good, have you considered talking to @OtherSyde and @win200 they both had full custom wraparound jaw implants. Check out their journeys.

I will brother. @OtherSyde results are great, I talked to him on his thread. My face is a bit downward grown though, so I may need jaw surgery to bring forward my maxilla and mandible first. Then probably wraparound jaw plus undereye/cheek implant. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

You look much younger than 34 year old, good job!

Being fully honest, I get a bit of "uncanny" feeling esp. from your eye area, are you using some kind of AI eye filters on your eyes? or did you do anything on your eye area to look like that? (just curious)

Yes I got botox to lower my eyebrows. Yeah my eyes are not my greatest strength, they are too beady. I have been told on another forum to get orbital implants, but I am apathetic at the moment about surgery. Probably in a year or two

Thanks for the complement re age, yes I almost look too young clean shaven haha

Edited by Ronnieman
  • Like 1

Oh, well, what I found unnatural is that they look like "anime character eyes", with a lot of positive canthal tilt and almond shape. Like, they look too big, shiny, perfect. I guess thats a good problem to have lol. Anyway, pictures are very deceiving, if you didnt have actual eye surgery then im most likely wrong.

In short, no one would ever say you are 34 year old, u legit look in your 20s

• Thanks 1

I think you looked good even before the procedure :)

I must say I'm a bit hesitant to recommend elanse for strict volumization. It is better used to help sagging skin. All colagen/elastin stimulating fillers,  on the long run, can't Improve the geometry of the face in young people (for example: chin width/height/shape, jawline definition or mandibular width, or zygomatic width). To be honest, I think photos taken on the same day are not very indicative as a big part of the 'results' is simply edema from the niddle/cannula used. 

Edited by Yan bio
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 10:57 AM, Yan bio said:

I think you looked good even before the procedure :)

I must say I'm a bit hesitant to recommend elanse for strict volumization. It is better used to help sagging skin. All colagen/elastin stimulating fillers,  on the long run, can't Improve the geometry of the face in young people (for example: chin width/height/shape, jawline definition or mandibular width, or zygomatic width). To be honest, I think photos taken on the same day are not very indicative as a big part of the 'results' is simply edema from the niddle/cannula used. 

Thats a very good take, in general im skeptical about face shaping with fillers because of migration and dillution. I think its probably best in areas where gravity doesn't affect it, like the chin (its already down there).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Thats a very good take, in general im skeptical about face shaping with fillers because of migration and dillution. I think its probably best in areas where gravity doesn't affect it, like the chin (its already down there).

The filler can actually stay where intended, but only if:

*Injected in right (usually small) volumes

*suiting rheological properties (viscocity/cohesivity/elasticity/hygroscopic)

*injected sub SMAS (depth)

*right location in ragard to the anatomical boundaries (degree of compartmentalization of the fat tissue involved)

*adjacent mobility of muscles (which might cause some filler to migrate, like you wisely said).

In general - I think in the west world less than 10% of procedures really take into account all of these parameters.

(though young, I'm an aesthetic practitioner with experience of ~80K syringes..)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yan bio said:

The filler can actually stay where intended, but only if:

*Injected in right (usually small) volumes

*suiting rheological properties (viscocity/cohesivity/elasticity/hygroscopic)

*injected sub SMAS (depth)

*right location in ragard to the anatomical boundaries (degree of compartmentalization of the fat tissue involved)

*adjacent mobility of muscles (which might cause some filler to migrate, like you wisely said).

In general - I think in the west world less than 10% of procedures really take into account all of these parameters.

(though young, I'm an aesthetic practitioner with experience of ~80K syringes..)

Damn. This is solid advice.

I am actually debating wether to have undereye filler for soooo long but im scared about migratio (after 30s my under eye fat pads have depleted, and have more sunken eyes and nothing seems to fix it...). I have read both about filler and fat grafts and there's always someone telling their horror story and keeps pushing me back, but it seems filler is an easy solution.

What's your thought for undereye fillers? is it risky business or worth it? I'd love your input

56 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Damn. This is solid advice.

I am actually debating wether to have undereye filler for soooo long but im scared about migratio (after 30s my under eye fat pads have depleted, and have more sunken eyes and nothing seems to fix it...). I have read both about filler and fat grafts and there's always someone telling their horror story and keeps pushing me back, but it seems filler is an easy solution.

What's your thought for undereye fillers? is it risky business or worth it? I'd love your input

It depends on so many factors, it's impossible to give definite yes/no answer :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't normally come into this section, but I saw the interesting topic title from the main page about facial masculinization filler. I'm about 10 yrs older than you and the only work I've had done are the hair transplants. And that will probably be about it. I only go under the knife for missing hair or body parts. LOL

This got me thinking about the more masculine changes in Zac Efron's face. He hasn't admitted to getting any work done but I think its pretty obvious. You haven't reached the point where anything is obvious so that's good. And I know that's something you're very aware of and trying to maintain, but when I read this quote I took from one of your posts here:

On 12/16/2022 at 5:38 AM, Ronnieman said:

My face is a bit downward grown though, so I may need jaw surgery to bring forward my maxilla and mandible first. Then probably wraparound jaw plus undereye/cheek implant. 

I have to say that's a bit worrying. Like others have indicated, you were a handsome guy before you had this done, and you still are. Admittedly more on the boyish side, but I think we can all agree being on the pretty boy spectrum is one of the better problems in life to have. I just hate to see people that are already attractive slide down the rabbit hole trying to improve, or even just hang on, and end up looking weird.

So I hope you don't take offense when I say try to maintain a level perspective on this. You seem to have a very critical eye when it comes to honing in on imperfections. As you get further into your middle years and the aging processes accelerate its going to get alot more tempting to tinker even more. Try to get alot of feedback from other people in person and on the forum before you get the work done too. (Maybe you do that already, sorry don't check this section much.) We tend to be 1000 times harder and more judgmental on ourselves than others are, obsessing on things hardly noticed by the people that look at us every day. 

image.png.24f5cbb9c4e5451dda8c64cad6128df3.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/31/2022 at 8:14 AM, ciaus said:

I don't normally come into this section, but I saw the interesting topic title from the main page about facial masculinization filler. I'm about 10 yrs older than you and the only work I've had done are the hair transplants. And that will probably be about it. I only go under the knife for missing hair or body parts. LOL

This got me thinking about the more masculine changes in Zac Efron's face. He hasn't admitted to getting any work done but I think its pretty obvious. You haven't reached the point where anything is obvious so that's good. And I know that's something you're very aware of and trying to maintain, but when I read this quote I took from one of your posts here:

I have to say that's a bit worrying. Like others have indicated, you were a handsome guy before you had this done, and you still are. Admittedly more on the boyish side, but I think we can all agree being on the pretty boy spectrum is one of the better problems in life to have. I just hate to see people that are already attractive slide down the rabbit hole trying to improve, or even just hang on, and end up looking weird.

So I hope you don't take offense when I say try to maintain a level perspective on this. You seem to have a very critical eye when it comes to honing in on imperfections. As you get further into your middle years and the aging processes accelerate its going to get alot more tempting to tinker even more. Try to get alot of feedback from other people in person and on the forum before you get the work done too. (Maybe you do that already, sorry don't check this section much.) We tend to be 1000 times harder and more judgmental on ourselves than others are, obsessing on things hardly noticed by the people that look at us every day. 

image.png.24f5cbb9c4e5451dda8c64cad6128df3.png

yeah, the hair thing I understand but the fillers no. it just makes people look weird.

Edited by coolbreeze

• 7 months later...