Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

38 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yea, I just looked up some studies, and oral dutasteride reduces scalp DHT by 51%, it reduces systemic DHT by 92%.

I’m waiting for my labs to comeback to get my baseline systemic DHT. But imagine if we can get 50% scalp DHT reduction with a 10-20% systemic reduction. That would be already way better than anything we have. 

I’m thinking I’ll redo my labs after using the topical dut at 3 months, 6 months and a year. 
19892A33-C0CD-4494-8A7D-A00635630D3B.jpeg

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4969473/

Will you do a scalp biopsy and if so, how would you go about doing that? 

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Will you do a scalp biopsy and if so, how would you go about doing that? 

I would do it, the problem is that I don’t know of any labs that test scalp DHT. Most labs test blood, not tissue. That’s the problem I’ve ran into. I wouldn’t mind taking a small piece of scalp. Especially if we could have some real data, that would be a game changer.

If the community can find a lab. I’m willing to put my scalp on the line. I could go to Dr. Mohebi and get the biopsy done there, hell I could probably go to H&W and do it there too, I’m sure they would want to conduct more of these tests on other patients. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I would do it, the problem is that I don’t know of any labs that test scalp DHT. Most labs test blood, not tissue. That’s the problem I’ve ran into. I wouldn’t mind taking a small piece of scalp. Especially if we could have some real data, that would be a game changer.

If the community can find a lab. I’m willing to put my scalp on the line. I could go to Dr. Mohebi and get the biopsy done there, hell I could probably go to H&W and do it there too, I’m sure they would want to conduct more of these tests on other patients. 

I would do it too, theres just no chance it would ever happen here in Canada. 

Hey Melvin, in your discussions with Hasson did he mention at all after how many hours it is okay to shower? The pamphlet inside says apply in morning and wait to shower until afternoon or evening, but since they also say the medicine stays in a gel matrix on top of the skin and then is slow released, there must be some sort of timeline curve of the absorption over time from application until it approaches 100% has been absorbed. 

Applying in morning, say 930am, I imagine you would want to wait at least 8 hours to shower, but I am wondering if even at 8 hours if still say 40% of the medicine is left to be absorbed. What if it takes 16 hours for the full dosage to be absorbed? That could mean 16 hours of the day there is no slow release of the medicine (if showering 8 hours after application) and potentially 40% (example number) is being washed away.

Edited by Der3k7
  • Like 1

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Hey Melvin, in your discussions with Hasson did he mention at all after how many hours it is okay to shower? The pamphlet inside says apply in morning and wait to shower until afternoon or evening, but since they also say the medicine stays in a gel matrix on top of the skin and then is slow released, there must be some sort of timeline curve of the absorption over time from application until it approaches 100% has been absorbed. 

Applying in morning, say 930am, I imagine you would want to wait at least 8 hours to shower, but I am wondering if even at 8 hours if still say 40% of the medicine is left to be absorbed. What if it takes 16 hours for the full dosage to be absorbed? That could mean 16 hours of the day there is no slow release of the medicine (if showering 8 hours after application) and potentially 40% (example number) is being washed away.

That's a good question. My thoughts were that it is okay to shower once it's dried, as long as you're not washing your hair with shampoo. I have been showering a few hours after applying, but only wetting my hair with water not with shampoo. I still haven't gotten any side effects. But I have a podcast scheduled to discuss the topical dutasteride. I will have all of these good questions answered. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

10 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

That's a good question. My thoughts were that it is okay to shower once it's dried, as long as you're not washing your hair with shampoo. I have been showering a few hours after applying, but only wetting my hair with water not with shampoo. I still haven't gotten any side effects. But I have a podcast scheduled to discuss the topical dutasteride. I will have all of these good questions answered. 

I think rinsing with just water would be almost as bad as washing with shampoo at removing the gel matrix on the scalp. 3 hours just seems like a lot. I remember in an interview he mentioned that the medicine is kept in a gel matrix on top of the scalp and washing it will wash the medicine away. But yeah, if you can get some more specific clarification on this that would be great.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I think rinsing with just water would be almost as bad as washing with shampoo at removing the gel matrix on the scalp. 3 hours just seems like a lot. I remember in an interview he mentioned that the medicine is kept in a gel matrix on top of the scalp and washing it will wash the medicine away. But yeah, if you can get some more specific clarification on this that would be great.

I don’t think it’s water soluble. It’s got to work even if it rains right? That would be pretty flawed if it doesn’t hold up. I’m thinking we should have a Q&A thread where these questions can be answered by Xyon. 

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t think it’s water soluble. It’s got to work even if it rains right? That would be pretty flawed if it doesn’t hold up. I’m thinking we should have a Q&A thread where these questions can be answered by Xyon. 

Hmm even if it’s not water soluble it could still be mechanically removed via the pressure and rubbing of getting the hair wet under the shower and drying but yeah these questions should be answered 

Edited by Der3k7

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Very excited to hear that podcast. Would it be inappropriate to ask him if they have any update on when we might be able to get it outside the US/Canada?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, BurnieBurns said:

Very excited to hear that podcast. Would it be inappropriate to ask him if they have any update on when we might be able to get it outside the US/Canada?

No, that’s a good question. As far as I’m aware, they’re 1 of 3 offering topical dutasteride. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

No, that’s a good question. As far as I’m aware, they’re 1 of 3 offering topical dutasteride. 

Are they making a topical finasteride product too? Is it better to use that and finasteride together than just finasteride? 

is there a specific benefit to doing topical duasteride instead of oral? And if so, why their product vs another company? Similar idea to the gel delivery system?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I'd appreciate that. I'd only trust their formulation after getting side effects from everything else. I hoped to try the Farmacia Parati version but they're having customs issues at the moment 🙃

@Melvin- Moderator I'm going to ask my doctor for hormone blood work this week and then I'll start the topical dut, I was wondering what frequency will you be taking it? Wondering if I should first start once a week and reduce my fin to maybe 0.5mg ed to try to better gauge what its doing on its own, though that isn't perfect. 

20 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

@Melvin- Moderator I'm going to ask my doctor for hormone blood work this week and then I'll start the topical dut, I was wondering what frequency will you be taking it? Wondering if I should first start once a week and reduce my fin to maybe 0.5mg ed to try to better gauge what its doing on its own, though that isn't perfect. 

@TorontoMan / @Melvin- Moderator I'm starting XYON Dut this week and going to get my hormones check via bloodwork as well. Can you remind me which tests are needed? Is it just DHT? Estradiol? 

5 minutes ago, bobbleboy said:

@TorontoMan / @Melvin- Moderator I'm starting XYON Dut this week and going to get my hormones check via bloodwork as well. Can you remind me which tests are needed? Is it just DHT? Estradiol? 

I would test the following:

Total Test, Free Test, Estro, DHT, SHBG, prolactin. Depending on where you live this will be a bit more difficult as at least here in Toronto doctors are stiflers for giving out blood work for whatever reason, even though you pay for two of them. This is my original blood work testing below which I hope to repeat again soon before going on the Topical Dut:

image.thumb.jpeg.b2cefd1420e0b091a78421343e20327d.jpeg (before fin, and then 1 year after)

Edited by TorontoMan
  • Like 1

• Administrators

The main one is the DHT. I don’t know if it will interfere with any other hormones, but I would say estradiol and DHT are the biggest ones. Testosterone I’ve heard actually goes up, but probably not enough to make a difference. But a baseline is always good. 

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The main one is the DHT. I don’t know if it will interfere with any other hormones, but I would say estradiol and DHT are the biggest ones. Testosterone I’ve heard actually goes up, but probably not enough to make a difference. But a baseline is always good. 

@Melvin- Moderatorwhat do you mean testosterone goes up? When you start XYON it goes up?

11 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

I would test the following:

Total Test, Free Test, Estro, DHT, SHBG, prolactin. Depending on where you live this will be a bit more difficult as at least here in Toronto doctors are stiflers for giving out blood work for whatever reason, even though you pay for two of them. This is my original blood work testing below which I hope to repeat again soon before going on the Topical Dut:

image.thumb.jpeg.b2cefd1420e0b091a78421343e20327d.jpeg (before fin, and then 1 year after)

super helpful, thanks @TorontoMan!

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, bobbleboy said:

@Melvin- Moderatorwhat do you mean testosterone goes up? When you start XYON it goes up?

In general, most who take fin report their testosterone goes up, this because it’s not being converted into DHT. But the reason why estradiol is important is to check if the testosterone is then converting into estrogen. So to me, these two are important. Total test is a marginal difference, free test is what matters since that’s what your body utilizes.

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

In general, most who take fin report their testosterone goes up, this because it’s not being converted into DHT. But the reason why estradiol is important is to check if the testosterone is then converting into estrogen. So to me, these two are important. Total test is a marginal difference, free test is what matters since that’s what your body utilizes.

@Melvin- Moderatorwow, had no idea. I thought the opposite, hence PFS. 

• Administrators

Just received my topical dutasteride. Will be creating a video and uploading it soon! SUPER excited!! 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, yesplease said:

Nice!

the Xyon version is now available for US residents? 

Yea, it’s been available for a week. 

• Like 1

View my thread