Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

1 hour ago, Saka123 said:

Your such a. Doughnut , finasteride reduces dht the minute it’s taken . It works immediately, you need to do your research . Then again you do seem like a guy who lacks a bit of intelligence . 

Do you really need to insult people who are trying to help others?

If you're taking the high ground and trying to convince us of your credibility by attempting to claim you're more intelligent than other posters, at least try to do so with something resembling correct grammar. If you don't, people could begin to think 'You're such a doughnut'. 

Edited by BackFromTheBrink

7 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Do you really need to insult people who are trying to help others?

If you're taking the high ground and trying to convince us of your credibility by attempting to claim you're more intelligent than other posters, at least try to do so with something resembling correct grammar. If you don't, people could begin to think 'You're such a doughnut'. 

He doesn’t care, the account was made an hour ago to throw insults, I’m pretty sure this is Sukh123s 30th account or something.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

Just now, Saka123 said:

17th* lol

It’s a little bit obsessive that every new account you make you have to throw around 2-3 insults towards Melvin. Look at a neutral perspective and people are going to start to think your unhinged and can’t let go of being banned. My two cents

7 minutes ago, Saka123 said:

I’m not writing a charles dickens novel so I’m not concerned with my grammar correction you imbecile lol. This is hair transplant forum not a thesis 

Clearly. That said, I'm not sure how you not knowing the difference between 'your' and 'you're' is relevant to your answer, however. 

5 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

It’s a little bit obsessive that every new account you make you have to throw around 2-3 insults towards Melvin. Look at a neutral perspective and people are going to start to think your unhinged and can’t let go of being banned. My two cents

I wonder if there's any correlation between the account registrations and when the school term ended?

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Saka123 said:

What makes you think I care what people think lol this is a bloody forum aha 

Pretty sure you care what’s others think, we’re all on a forum that helps direct people on the right path for hair transplant, a cosmetic surgery. Fact that your only here to throw insults says enough. I’ll leave you to it I guess cause this clearly makes you feel better, putting others down. I’ll see you on your next hundred accounts.

On 12/15/2022 at 4:03 PM, TorontoMan said:

I just tried the topical Dut for the first time too. The fact that its a cream sort of puts me off a bit as it seems a bit hard to apply to the scalp and not just end up in hair. Did you find it to be the same issue? 

Where did you get yours from? I did the Mwamba forumla. 

36 minutes ago, HairRun said:

Xyon brother, it’s the one Melvin is referring too as well. They’re a Canadian company from Dr. hasson who is based in Vancouver. Currently they only sell topical dut in Canada and topical fin in Canada + US from my understanding. They’ll likely expand that soon 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, HairRun said:

How did you do on that formula?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

Xyon brother, it’s the one Melvin is referring too as well. They’re a Canadian company from Dr. hasson who is based in Vancouver. Currently they only sell topical dut in Canada and topical fin in Canada + US from my understanding. They’ll likely expand that soon 

ohhh, any idea when it might be in the us? Is the dose/frequency much lower compared to their fin? 

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

How did you do on that formula?

Too early to tell. It's also apples and oranges because the topical dut is put on much less frequently, and with much less formula. I am trying to microdose with it, which requires a very small amount of the liquid formula. So I am also only using it in my crown, vs with topical fin I could keep spreading it throwout the loss area. 

So far nothing significant. One day I put liposomal min on my crown and the next day I felt what might be very very mild ball ache, not as bad as the topical fin ball aches but I think I felt the sensation. I thought liposoomal min might be ok cuz I thought the liposomes are only attatched to the min, so it wouldn't cause the dut to seep through, there is no alcohol or pg in the liposomal fin but I was wrong I guess. I am waiting until I feel 101% back to normal before putting in the next dose on the crown. 

I wonder if ball ache is indicative to more effectiveness with fin or dut and so you need a much lower amount. But over the 2 years I tried various formulas didn't get much regrowth, though maybe it maintained it better. 

It might be worth asking Dr Hassan if they are able to attach a heavy molecule to fin so it acts more like topical dut regarding absorbtion 

1 minute ago, Free speech said:

Bro I saw the study on the  website , the sample was so small  and it was done under dr hasson and not independent so there is bias there and for 100 pounds. Month that is so overpriced for a topical lol

Yeah in all honesty I figure the same, but I'm deciding the roll the dice on it for at least 6 months to see how I fair on their formula. What site was it on?

2 minutes ago, Free speech said:

Hi it was on the podcast with Melvin he did . There is no study as far as I can tell on paper released . Btw the sample size was 5 which is absolutely pathetic , to get a good overall judgment . I would stick to oral because this is still even if it says what it does do reduce it by 30 percent is still significant amount and not worth the hassle and money. But hey you do what ever you think is appropriate, this is just my opinion 

Yeah that sample is small but you have to consider how expensive it is to run an actual controlled study. That being said, does it at all justify the price they're offering their product with the amount of data they have, not entirely. However to his credit he does mention that there have already been studies on dut, its absoprtion, side effects and effects on hair etc.. Below is another independent study that measured the effects of some topical dut that they came up with;

image.thumb.png.84e90a0d5c3448310af738300c741d28.png

• Administrators
5 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

@Melvin- Moderator Were Xyon's studies on their topical formulation ever released?

They were released on the podcast 

btw Free Speech = Sukh123 super troll whose created 16 accounts. If another use name joins and start’s posting the same thing, it’s him don’t bother responding. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 2:20 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I will say, with a newborn at home

@Melvin- ModeratorI'm in the same boat. Newborn born in November, and so I went off oral fin for the past year, coincidentally right before my wife got pregnant (not because we were necessarily trying haha). I was going off after 3 years of steady use (.25 3x week) to see if that might've been causing my low libido, and then decided to stay off during gestation. 
My question for you is, if you're willing to answer, is your wife nursing?

I am anxious to try XYON now that baby is here, but my wife is breastfeeding and there is a clear warning about that. Wondering what your thoughts are if she is bf. Thanks!

On 12/19/2022 at 8:36 PM, TorontoMan said:

I only tried it on once just to test it out. I won't begin it until the new year as I'm leaving for vacay this week and don't want to think about applying it. I'll update when I do start 

Did you end up starting topical dut?

7 hours ago, deeznuts said:

Did you end up starting topical dut?

Yeah, I'm on week 2. Their lotion is a bit difficult to lather through the entire scalp, and you definitely can't do it in one pump like what the label says. So far I don't feel any systemic difference, so that could be a good sign, time will tell if its effective

27 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Yeah, I'm on week 2. Their lotion is a bit difficult to lather through the entire scalp, and you definitely can't do it in one pump like what the label says. So far I don't feel any systemic difference, so that could be a good sign, time will tell if its effective

I should also mention they had a promo for new customers which is most of us anyway, the first two months are free if you sub for 6 months, so essentially you're paying for 4/6 of their products. I find their product to be far too ridiculously priced and won't likely be something I consider in the future, but was curious to try it with this promo. 

7 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

I should also mention they had a promo for new customers which is most of us anyway, the first two months are free if you sub for 6 months, so essentially you're paying for 4/6 of their products. I find their product to be far too ridiculously priced and won't likely be something I consider in the future, but was curious to try it with this promo. 

Zero sides is good, do you normally get sides from anti-androgens? Have you been getting your DHT levels checked? Are you running it with anything else?

Definitely $100 is a bit steep. I wish they'd drop it to like $80 to be more competitive with other telemedicine companies and their topical fin formulations. Though given that  Xyon health is the only option for topical dut that I'm aware of outside of Dr. Mwamba and Minox Max, I feel more comfortable with other Dr. Mwamba's or Dr. Hasson's formulations. Mwamba's customer service with topical dut sounds horrible though... I have no idea if he can guarantee that he gets out your prescription with any regularity with how people seem to complain about their orders taking forever

But I'd pay $100 if it worked really well and was everything as advertised especially in regards to getting some hairline regrowth. But it can't be worse than joining group buy's to get chemicals from Chinese labs and self-medicating. At least with $100/mo you get peace of mind that you know what you're getting

So the question is 1) does topical dut make a big difference compared to plain old topical fin and 2) if the proprietary technology is a gamechanger like they claim - especially on the hairline where other meds don't have a big impact. 

15 hours ago, deeznuts said:

Zero sides is good, do you normally get sides from anti-androgens? Have you been getting your DHT levels checked? Are you running it with anything else?

Definitely $100 is a bit steep. I wish they'd drop it to like $80 to be more competitive with other telemedicine companies and their topical fin formulations. Though given that  Xyon health is the only option for topical dut that I'm aware of outside of Dr. Mwamba and Minox Max, I feel more comfortable with other Dr. Mwamba's or Dr. Hasson's formulations. Mwamba's customer service with topical dut sounds horrible though... I have no idea if he can guarantee that he gets out your prescription with any regularity with how people seem to complain about their orders taking forever

But I'd pay $100 if it worked really well and was everything as advertised especially in regards to getting some hairline regrowth. But it can't be worse than joining group buy's to get chemicals from Chinese labs and self-medicating. At least with $100/mo you get peace of mind that you know what you're getting

So the question is 1) does topical dut make a big difference compared to plain old topical fin and 2) if the proprietary technology is a gamechanger like they claim - especially on the hairline where other meds don't have a big impact. 

Yeah I agree, I would pay this price happily if they had any proof it does what its intended to, but they hardly have anything to prove it so its very much just experimental. The customer service at least has been good with Xyon so far. 

My current regimen is 1mg fin, 5mg om, 25mg RU, and whatever percent of this xyon topical dut. I say whatever percent because 1 pump is supposed to be 2%, but to use it effectively and spread it throughout my entire scalp, I use at least 3-4 pumps of it and I don't actually know what amount I'm applying. I don't have many sides or at the very least they're tolerable. I don't get brain fog, increased heart rate, or mood fluctuations, or have physical sides.. i train bjj 4-5x a week. In terms of sexual sides, I believe my libido is slightly lower than what I had when I started on fin 3-4 years back, but I hardly ever think about it and when its time to perform everything works. 

The decision to do start topical dut was simply that I want more localized effect in my scalp, as fin will reduce dht throughout the body but not an equal amount in the scalp which is ultimately where you really want it of course. I don't foresee myself transitioning completely to a topical regimen for a few reasons; they're not nearly as proven to work, they're hard to adhere too and you cannot reasonably cover your entire head including your donor, which of course is also susceptible to loss, and if youhave had a transplant thats important as well. So fin orally takes care of that to some degree and the topical AAs are intended to localize the effect further. I think its good thought that I haven't experienced anything different from adding topical dut but I won't ever really know if its working given the other thigns I'm on, so i'm going to rely on seeing if others using xyon alone get results. For now just trialing to see if it gives me sides, which it looks like it doesnt. 

I check my hormones yearly and my doc apt is coming soon so ill put it together in my spreadsheet and share it here

• Like 1

• Administrators

The dutasteride is now available in the US, I'm gonna be switching immediately. Once I get the bottle I will be updating the title. Given the size of dutasterides molecular weight, plus the siloxysystem gel keeping the dutasteride on the scalp and preventing it from absorbing systemically makes this treatment the best for those of us who got sides of the oral meds. 

• Like 1

View my thread

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The dutasteride is now available in the US, I'm gonna be switching immediately. Once I get the bottle I will be updating the title. Given the size of dutasterides molecular weight, plus the siloxysystem gel keeping the dutasteride on the scalp and preventing it from absorbing systemically makes this treatment the best for those of us who got sides of the oral meds. 

It will be very interesting to see if they have any studies around the systemic absorption of topical dutasteride. So far it's only been by anecdotes and speculations because of the molecular weight but it would be great to see proof.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

It will be very interesting to see if they have any studies around the systemic absorption of topical dutasteride. So far it's only been by anecdotes and speculations because of the molecular weight but it would be great to see proof.

I will be talking to Dr. Simon Pimstone next week. Hopefully, we can do another live podcast where they share the data live during the podcast. I believe they’ve been doing studies for the past two years. When I spoke to Dr. Wong last year, he said the topical dut will most likely be the gold standard. 

I would love to get my scalp DHT levels checked before using it, imagine a 90% elimination of DHT on the scalp with a 20% systemic reduction. That would be incredible. I’m trying to find labs that test scalp DHT. But haven’t found any.

This is all speculation, but if Dutasteride eliminates 90% DHT, with this siloxysystem gel that keeps the dutasteride on the scalp through a slow releasing delivery system, which keeps the dutasteride longer on your scalp. My hope is that it eliminates 90% DHT on the scalp. Now, I could be wrong, but I haven’t been excited for a new treatment in a long time. 

View my thread

8 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I will be talking to Dr. Simon Pimstone next week. Hopefully, we can do another live podcast where they share the data live during the podcast. I believe they’ve been doing studies for the past two years. When I spoke to Dr. Wong last year, he said the topical dut will most likely be the gold standard. 

I would love to get my scalp DHT levels checked before using it, imagine a 90% elimination of DHT on the scalp with a 20% systemic reduction. That would be incredible. I’m trying to find labs that test scalp DHT. But haven’t found any.

This is all speculation, but if Dutasteride eliminates 90% DHT, with this siloxysystem gel that keeps the dutasteride on the scalp through a slow releasing delivery system, which keeps the dutasteride longer on your scalp. My hope is that it eliminates 90% DHT on the scalp. Now, I could be wrong, but I haven’t been excited for a new treatment in a long time. 

if it reduced it by even half of that with that much systemic absorption that would be massive imo

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

if it reduced it by even half of that with that much systemic absorption that would be massive imo

Yea, I just looked up some studies, and oral dutasteride reduces scalp DHT by 51%, it reduces systemic DHT by 92%.

I’m waiting for my labs to comeback to get my baseline systemic DHT. But imagine if we can get 50% scalp DHT reduction with a 10-20% systemic reduction. That would be already way better than anything we have. 

I’m thinking I’ll redo my labs after using the topical dut at 3 months, 6 months and a year. 
19892A33-C0CD-4494-8A7D-A00635630D3B.jpeg

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4969473/

View my thread