Remaining Anonymous and Staying Private

• Administrators

Dear Community,

While I personally don’t care if someone knows I’ve had a hair transplant, it’s understandable some of you may want to keep that private.

I strongly suggest creating a unique username that isn’t distinguishable or verifiable, do not divulge any personal information. This includes using the same screen name across multiple sites online, or using a unique nickname as your username. 

Remember it is your responsibility to protect your privacy and anonymity. Anything you post here will be indexed on Google. Therefore, someone googling your username could find your posts. Hopefully, we can move past feeling embarrassed about restoring your hair. We’re not committing any crimes or doing anything shameful. 

• Like 13

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Melvin- Admin pinned, unpinned, featured and pinned this topic

Personally i understand the desire to keep your privacy and agree that if you wish to stay anonymous, then a unique username to the site and blurred face/cropped would be the way to go. 

I personally am okay with sharing my pictures with face cropped to help people get a realistic idea of progress and so on, but i have no desire to really show off anymore. Not because i necessarily have anything to hide, but because i don't need anonymous people identifying me either. 

If there's somebody in a specific context, i don't mind sharing my HT story and details, but most folks i think just want to get on with their lives anonymously and enjoy the results. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I could not agree more that most individuals who are satisfied with their results simply want to move on with their lives and we never hear from them again.

• Like 3

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 3 weeks later...

I personally get excited when others can't tell that I've had something done. To me it's one of those few things where the less recognition you get, the better.

• Like 3

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

It’s the best compliment that can be made.

• Like 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

We can always create a new username and identity online but what about social media especially Facebook, MySpace, and the others where new photos are continually downloaded…and most of us who sustained surgical hair restoration were in a NW class 3 or higher.

• Like 2

Gillenator

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, gillenator said:

We can always create a new username and identity online but what about social media especially Facebook, MySpace, and the others where new photos are continually downloaded…and most of us who sustained surgical hair restoration were in a NW class 3 or higher.

Or Norwood 7? 😳😉

• Like 1

Exactly brother and the more extensive our hairloss class becomes, the more obvious it is when we have considerable hair restoration surgery…so for me, I just had no other choice but to be transparent about having a ton of work done…but here’s the bottom line, having surgery is about a decision we each make for ourselves and simply just wanting a visual improvement with our hair…so, I don’t care if other people know, I do care about my own satisfaction…and helping other individuals who are also experiencing hair loss.

• Like 1

Gillenator

• 6 months later...
On 12/12/2022 at 12:51 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dear Community,

While I personally don’t care if someone knows I’ve had a hair transplant, it’s understandable some of you may want to keep that private.

I strongly suggest creating a unique username that isn’t distinguishable or verifiable, do not divulge any personal information. This includes using the same screen name across multiple sites online, or using a unique nickname as your username. 

Remember it is your responsibility to protect your privacy and anonymity. Anything you post here will be indexed on Google. Therefore, someone googling your username could find your posts. Hopefully, we can move past feeling embarrassed about restoring your hair. We’re not committing any crimes or doing anything shameful. 

Melvin,

I can not send you private message. Wanted to apologize. I’m going think about identifying myself. I’m a senior  independent hair technician. Linda is actually one of the people that trained me. She pioneered lateral slit technique. If I can message you privately I can explain in better detail. Good post by the way. Your topics and content are great. 

There are a small number of well known/established/reputable surgeons who were more known for their top quality FUT work that was being performed several decades ago…they were the surgeons who developed the lateral slit technique to utilize acutely sized coronal recipient incisions thereby accommodating high levels of dense-packing giving birth to the mega-session approach that allowed much larger procedures into upper level numbers well over 3,000 per session…this was before FUE ever hit North America.

Gillenator