Hair piece after hair transplant

KingH

I had a large FUT session three weeks ago. My head was shaved for it and other than having some mild redness in my scalp I've had a pretty smooth recovery. I know that pretty soon the transplanted hair and even some of the native hair will start to fall and I'll be in the so called ugly duckling phase. The problem is I have an interview for a job coming up and really cannot afford to go to it looking like this. I was hoping to use toppik/concealers, but given the growth rate of my hair I don't think that will be an option. So my question is, is it possible to wear a hear piece after a hair transplant? My clinic has said that its allowed but they don't have any advice on how to go about doing this. I mainly just need something to conceal my scalp for a few hours or so. Would really appreciate some advice on this. 

Don't use bond, use only tape and make sure the perimeter where tape is only attaches to where donor is so you don't attach on any recipient hair and for hairline tape should only attach on skin (in front of recipient hairs) so make it bigger than usual. 

And probably a good idea if the hair piece goes below the FUT scar and not on it. 

And of course the longer time goes before you do this the better. 

If you get the job would you start straight away? Just thinking that it would become weird if you start with a hair piece and then take it off say after 3-6 months... Just thinking going all in and saying you've done a hair transplant and you are in a healing process (if you feel it's obvious you've done something) might be more liberating and no need to focus on hair anymore. 

My experience is depending on the company, your experience and your role most don't give a damn about looks, where I work we hired a guy that only wears purple, every day, top to bottom(color hair purple) but we don't care, he's good at his work and is very smart 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the response! Do you have any recommendations on places to get these hair pieces from? I would prefer one that's not too dense. Also my scar isn't that noticeable so I was hoping it could just cover the front and top. Does that sound feasible to you? 

If I get the job I wouldn't start until May, so hopefully that leaves enough time for the transplant to grow out a bit (also the interviewers will likely forget what my hair looked like by then). Basically I'm planning on wearing this solely for the interview and then going back into hiding. I would really prefer to just not have anyone know if possible, although I agree that it would be liberating if I could just be open about it. 

• Valued Contributor

@KingH if this is a very short term thing then I wouldn't put too much money into this. Have a look on line as I am sure their are some almost disposable pieces that look very realistic. All the best and all the best with the job! 👍

• Like 1

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond - reassuring to hear that you think its not a big deal to wear this on a transplant so long as its for a short period of time. I'll take a look at options online. If anybody has been in a similar situation and can recommend something please let me know!

Try Hair4all London. Is you interview face to face or online? If online you could prob get away with not bonding at all, if it’s wet ish is can just sit on top.

Worth asking if some one can do you a cut piece to do the job (ie not a new one)