My Experiences with Dr Manish Mittal

GTD

In a nutshell - so far I couldn't be more pleased with the process.

I recently had my transplant with Dr Mani (4 weeks ago) and want to document my process.

HISTORY 

I started to notice my hair loss about 6 years ago - especially on certain photos and in certain lighting. I had always thought I wanted to do something about it but never got round to it because in my profession - taking a couple of weeks off work during the initial healing phase wasn't too easy. What ive realised is that if you're thinking about it - just get it booked - theres never a right time. I recently got engaged and so this was the spur on that I needed to just get the job done.  

FINDING THE RIGHT SURGEON 

Being in the medical field myself, you realise that redoing procedures which have been executed to poor standards elsewhere is an incredibly complex task. Much more so than if done well in the first place. This then comes with compromised results and is usually extremely uneconomical not just in the monetary sense – but more importantly time. I naturally did my research into this procedure before embarking upon on it, speaking to multiple clinicians.

CONSULTATION AND A WEEK AFTER 
I only just had my procedure a week ago and I can already tell you the number of 5star reviews is not even a touch on what Mani deserves.
The consultation period before the procedure made it clear Mani has a passion for clinical excellence without the financial motive. Mani is type of clinician that you need to earn treatment off of, rather than the other way round. I got a lot of advice which hadn’t even been considered elsewhere, and the doc really took time to understand what I wanted to achieve. Elsewhere I felt I was getting advice to push we towards the procedures the other doctors did rather than the full spectrum that was available. The long-term factors are a HUGE consideration in a procedure like this – there’s only so many grafts you have in a lifetime and you need to prepare for this considering future hair loss or possible rare complications. I’m no hair surgeon – but I’m sure that overgrafting is a curse which is going to be rearing its ugly ‘head’ in many peoples lives in the future with unnatural hair loss patterns due to poor surgical decisions early on just for the ‘initial promise’.

DESIGN 

My doctor was incredible at listening to what I wanted and tailoring his approach to it. My natural hair line is wonky and always had been. Being the perfectionist Dr Mani wanted the the 'ideal' text book finish which would have taken more grafts to even it up at the front. What he was understanding about was that I would prefer those 'extra' grafts to instead be placed on my balding crown area which is going to tide me over until a time I can get a second 'proper' crown procedure done. The doc actually did this extra work for free for me and its really made me feel better about the wholesome approach.  Looking back at photos i've always had this asyymetrical look and its nice to keep this natural appearance., 

PREP WORK and MAINTENACE 

Ive really been honed into the importance of finasteride in the treatment process. To start this a few months before the procedure hopefully puts you in the best position possible for the graftig - and afterwards to keep the new grafts and prevent further loss. You'll get mixed review on this topic for what I believe surgeons who just want to 'get you in the chair while you're thinking about it'. I just see this medication as a part of life now.

PROCEDURE 
Now to the procedure itself. Although I had done the research – there is SO MUCH more to the artistic flare than I’m convinced is not provided in the vast majority of clinics. E.g. the extraction process, selection and positioning of single, double, triple hairs to make the hair line look natural, the direction of the incision has influence on the way it grows, the density and transitioning into different areas, the list goes on and on.
I do have to show my huge respect to his technicians and admin team too – the hard working team by his side. I was lucky to have a decent donor site – so had a healthy selection of grafts which meant Dr Mani was happy to extract some extras. Towards the end of the day the whole team were happy to stay extra hours to position these extra grafts in different areas than initially intended (at my request) – at no extra cost. I’m 100% these hugely precious follicles would have been binned without my knowledge in a standard practice. Please also bear in mind this was a FriYay night.
Its one week and although I’m well informed these new hairs are going to fall out and regrow on their next natural 90 day cycle – I can honestly say I’m getting a preview into the new hair line and I’m ecstatic. (The first few days after procedure really doesn’t look anywhere near as bad as I thought it would). Aftercare has been on point – the sign of a dedicated clinician is one who worries about you more than you worry about yourself.
Probably the hardest thing about the whole procedure is trying to sleep for a few nights after in a relatively upright position – so that really gives you insight that its nothing to be worried about.
My advice – don’t cheap out on a procedure like this - do it well or don’t do it at all. You’ll find places that will be initially cheaper but the true value comes with the long term results and clinical prowess. If you’re considering it then book a consult with this doc. Its probably going to come with a few months easy prep worth before (also this guys waiting list is at least a few months and its only going to become longer). 100% recommend Mani to anyone. A true professional in a world lacking of them.

A MONTH AFTER 

Im in the annoying shedding phase at the moment where the new grafts are lost. Its important to remember at this stage that im still in a better position that when I started and Im so glad ive had the process done. Theres a feeling of relief that i'm making progress and no longer do i have the thought ' oh I should really book the job in'. Im continuing the meds, and looking forward to a few months time where I start to see the new hairs. Jobs done for now - ill update with the progress. 

e9e65d0c-9f8d-4953-a721-38515da8a024.JPG

e1ec96d7-c066-4bb9-961d-546bd61bd46d.JPG

f44f4b8a-8b31-42ea-b835-1ff2edac0901.JPG

fc6ccecb-96a9-4520-9454-a7307da9bb2b.JPG

54bc2fb4-2fe6-4661-9240-a1a9a6ad161d.JPG

5d881c67-20aa-4022-8fcd-19a8f3485e5c.JPG

b2171ff6-d07f-4c00-a1c5-c53ffb3f4a81.JPG

a3500845-4c18-4550-a5be-35781e1eaa62.JPG

17fb55cf-380a-4c20-af53-857650c88174.JPG

e5068388-c224-4737-9961-e857262f7abb.JPG

22ace31f-9f6c-4056-bd41-2ca780e841ac.JPG

2a3eda38-b8b7-4ca3-aa05-acb59eb75dd7.JPG