Pain and no shedding at two months?

Fellas it's been two months since my botched HT and there are two things going on that trouble me.

• There doesn't same to be any shedding on the crown. The hairs that were in the grafts are still there. Shouldn't they have fallen out by now? The ones in the front did shed.
  • Some parts of the extraction sites are still sore at times, with occasional sharp stinging pain (though nothing severe enough to require analgesic). Is this normal?

Kind of worried about these things. 

Usually this should be a question for the surgeon but in your case I understand!

Both of these aren't anything to be concerned about. Some people shed virtually all hairs, others less other times the hairs stay in there dormant until a new hair is ready to grow. At least the grafts are intact and still start producing hair about 3 months onward.

The pain in the back would be due to nerve trauma. Usually this doesn't happen but with it must have been poorly done. Nerves can take a long time to heal but they're resilient little things which eventually find their way. This I can speak from experience with a badly done procedure.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

Usually this should be a question for the surgeon but in your case I understand!

Oh man tell me about it. I can't imagine how those smooth-talkin' psychopaths would react to this question.

Anyway thanks for the reply, very reassuring! I was worried that the ones on the crown aren't shedding because they're, like, dead and the dead hairs are just kind of sitting there in the dead follicles.

• Like 1

@Oxiborick,

I can’t comment on your experience and hair transplant procedure without more detail and photos and however, it’s not unusual for some of the transplanted hair to hold on longer than others.  In other words, they might still shed but there is also a possibility that they won’t and they will just continue growing without any shed. That’s rare but possible.  where it might become a problem is if the transplanted hair and the crown hasn’t shed and hasn’t grown at all.  Have the transplanted hairs in the crown grown since the date of the procedure or are they exactly the same length?  

At only eight weeks, some residual discomfort May still exist. As long as it has dissipated and is gradually going away, everything should be fine.

My best advice is to stay patient, and continue sharing any concerns you have here and make a final decision about what to do after your results have grown in 12 to 18 months after the date of your procedure.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.