Has anyone had a successful hair transplant after microneedling?

Hello,

I am scheduled for a hair transplant next year. The one thing that I am really paranoid about is the potential that I ruined the tissue in my recipient area by microneedling it two years ago. I used the Dr. Pen dermapen at 1.5mm depth once a week. I only did somewhere between 4-8 sessions in total, but my head was very red afterwards, and the needles did puncture my skin all over the entire recipient area. I stopped microneedling, but I'm worried that I ruined my recipient area before I've even started by creating scar tissue. Has anyone had a successful hair transplant after they had done microneedling beforehand? If there are other people who could post their successful hair transplant result after having done microneedling before, it would really help put my mind at ease.

Its pretty common for guys to get hairs implanted into old hair transplant scars, or even accidental scars caused by injury or burning. Just think about how much more damage is being done during the hair transplant procedure itself when the doctor is making the incision cuts into your head to implant the transplanted hairs. That's far worse than microneedle pricks.  

At a depth of 1.5mm, you are simply not going deep enough to usually cause permanent damage to any potential hair transplant and there's evidence to suggest Microneedling is highly effective for hair regrowth in people alongside Minoxodil or solo. 

You would need to be incredibly haphazard in Microneedling to cause permanent damage imo. 

58 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

I would seriously reconsider. You’ll be 1 of 4 patients on the day of surgery. PM me for details regarding my nightmare experience with him.

I don't have the ability to pm. It looks like you have to have a certain level of membership or something to send pm's. This is my first post ever so it says I can send "0 messages per day". I clicked on the "message" button. Am I doing something wrong here?

Truthfully, I have several options for which surgeon I will go to, and I have not completely made up my mind yet. Another user gave me some information about Lorenzo, which I am thankful to know. However, I would like to stick to the question about microneedling for this thread. As much as possible. Thanks.

Truthfully, I have several options for which surgeon I could possibly go to, and I have not completely made up my mind yet. Another user gave me some information about Lorenzo, which I am thankful to know. In fact, I will go a step further and say that I'm not going to Lorenzo anymore. lol. If I need to make a separate thread about surgeons, I will. However, I would still like to stick to the question about microneedling for this thread as much as possible. Thanks.

On 11/24/2022 at 3:22 PM, WhereIsMyMind said:

As for Lorenzo: he is a very good surgeon but has very bad reputation being arrogant with clients and nowdays he focuses more on doing as many as possible. Gone are the days of peak Lorenzo. I can vouch for 5BetaReductase opinion from my own known sources too.

He’s left my scalp, especially my donor, a huge mess. I know other patients with similar complaints. PM me if you’d like to know more.