For those who never had success with topical min, or had reduced effectiveness with topical min, did you have success with oral min?

• Valued Contributor

@12345 I can't compare apples for apples as I have too many variables at the moment (hair transplant maturing, timing of minoxidil, etc). However I have been on topical minoxidil for three months and oral for about two and half months. Since switching to oral minoxidil my hair feels thicker and stronger. Now this could be just a coincidence from the hair growth itself or the time required for minoxidil (topical or oral) to kick in. All the best!

2 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@12345 I can't compare apples for apples as I have too many variables at the moment (hair transplant maturing, timing of minoxidil, etc). However I have been on topical minoxidil for three months and oral for about two and half months. Since switching to oral minoxidil my hair feels thicker and stronger. Now this could be just a coincidence from the hair growth itself or the time required for minoxidil (topical or oral) to kick in. All the best!

thanks for your feedback. have u noticed an increase in density, as in, areas that were not filled in are now filled in. Also what mg of min are you using. Also are you on fin. I also got my HT at eugenix, but I am not on fin be it oral or topical due to sides. 

• Valued Contributor

My scalp was a Norwood 7 desert. But the hair that was transplanted there feels stronger as does my donor hair. I expect that the donor hair is improving from the oral version more. I'm taking 2.5mg a day. I go back to my dermatologist in two weeks for a review. He may keep me on 2,5mg or up my dose to 5mg. I'll wait and see (and share). All the best.

11 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

My scalp was a Norwood 7 desert. But the hair that was transplanted there feels stronger as does my donor hair. I expect that the donor hair is improving from the oral version more. I'm taking 2.5mg a day. I go back to my dermatologist in two weeks for a review. He may keep me on 2,5mg or up my dose to 5mg. I'll wait and see (and share). All the best.

thanks for your message. can you share why you did not go on topical or oral fin. I had sides from fin in the past so I did not want to try again