FUE Hair Transplant Keloid Likelyhood

cont1234

I’m after reaching out to this community concerning the potential of keloid scaring from an FUE procedure. 

I am someone who sufferings from keloid scaring; currently I have 3 on my chest and 1 on my shoulder. To my knowledge these are extremely common areas to get keloids if you are prone, where as the scalp area is a very rare area for keloid formation. I have in the past had numerous cuts etc to my scalp area and never suffered from keloid formation.

I am also of the opinion that keloids of the scalp area are virtually non exist in for my ethnicity (white British)?

would anyone be able to offer any guidance or experience regarding this matter? Or has anyone undergone FUE having suffered with keloids elsewhere with no issues?

i am extremely keen to undergo a procedure, and have been offered a test patch first although some first hand experience would be great.

thanks to all. 

• Administrators

I have developed keloids before, I’ve had 4 hair transplants and never suffered from keloids as a result of surgery. Doing a test patch would be the best way forward.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I have developed keloids before, I’ve had 4 hair transplants and never suffered from keloids as a result of surgery. Doing a test patch would be the best way forward.

Thanks for the response Melvin, this is promising news. I live in the UK although plan to undergo surgery with Dr Bisanga in Brussels. Although the test patch seems a logical and sensible approach, it’s certainly not an ideal situation as this will require travelling to Brussels twice.