Chest/Lung pain after RU58841, twice in two attempts

Ronnieman

Hey guys, 

Just thought I'd share my experience on RU58841.

So the first time I used it was about 14 months ago- Started maybe September 2021 and used it sparingly: 15-20mg every couple of days.

I did notice some mild heartburn/heaviness in the chest after every application, but didn't think much of it.

After about 2 months of infrequent use- November 2021, I started getting sick, which is weird because it's nearly Summer here in Australia then. 

I got mild to moderate chest and lung pain- not severe, but certainly noticeable and alarming. I was covid negative.

I did some reading on RU58841 and saw others had experienced this, so I threw the RU out and just took Fin/Min

Fast forward to a couple of months ago (September 2022), I was worried about continued thinning in my crown, so I hastily ordered RU again. I thought maybe the past side effects were a nocebo.

Well, it took me till 2 days ago (Nov 13th) to try it, as I was still a bit apprehensive. I only applied about 15mg, once.

Today I have gotten the same mild/moderate chest pain- more so in my lungs. It hurts when I breathe in. It was actually quite worrying and alarming- I even contemplated not going to the gym.

Apart from these two incidents after taking RU, I've never had this in my life.

I threw away the bottle of RU for a second time, and I'll never use it again. 

Even though fin gives me mild libido issues, it's certainly the better alternative to me. I'd rather try my luck with Topical Fin/Dut, CB-03-01, or conceal my thinning crown with SMP or fibres before getting a small transplant in a few years.

Just thought I'd share my experience, as I think it's important people do. Thanks

Edited by Ronnieman

• 3 weeks later...

Had the same exact thing happened (ordered twice both times had the lung problems and threw it out after 2 days) Did some research and realized it wasn’t the RU causing this, it was the PG ingredient.. Switched to the K&B solution and I’ve been on it a month now with no issues

2 minutes ago, JoeT said:

Had the same exact thing happened (ordered twice both times had the lung problems and threw it out after 2 days) Did some research and realized it wasn’t the RU causing this, it was the PG ingredient.. Switched to the K&B solution and I’ve been on it a month now with no issues

That couldn’t possibly be cause by PG.

PG is in masses of everyday products applied to the skin for decades and lung problems have never been documented. 
KB solution may have prevented some systemic absorption of it was in fact caused by RU

3 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

That couldn’t possibly be cause by PG.

PG is in masses of everyday products applied to the skin for decades and lung problems have never been documented. 
KB solution may have prevented some systemic absorption of it was in fact caused by RU

I’ve always had a sensitive scalp so yeah maybe the PG made it go more systematic or just breathing it in made me feel that way.. All I know is would recommend the K&B solution for anyone with those same problems

On 12/3/2022 at 11:53 PM, JoeT said:

Woah. Are you serious? 

This is big. The PG solution caused this? I wonder why that is.

Could you share the research?

Thanks for letting me know.

• 1 month later...