Regret getting SMP???

540Oak

4 minutes ago, Xanadu said:

I considered it. Then, to prepare for SMP, I shaved - and got such a scare that I quickly dropped the idea of SMP....

ah, so you shaved and just went with that?  Wish I has balls to do that!

3 minutes ago, 540Oak said:

ah, so you shaved and just went with that?  Wish I has balls to do that!

Then I told them to keep their deposit and started growing it out again! So - now I'm headed for a HT instead.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StillAlive said:

I dreaded the head shave and resorted to ridiculous combovers for years. 

When the doc shaved my head pre-op I just wished I had done it 5 years earlier. It can be tremendously liberating, don't knock it 'till you've tried it. 

I've never had combovers and never would. I would feel horrible if I was walking around trying to hide something. So I have just kept a buzz and other shorter and shorter hairstyles... and I've been fine with that. 

Until it was getting a bit too much loss of hair... so then I thought to do SMP, but after shaving I didn't recognize myself... I still didn't use a hat, fibers, comb over or anything and didn't hide even if I wasn't too thrilled about the look. Others told me it looked good, but to me it looked like a different person. So I grew it out again... and am looking to do a HT now.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2022 at 6:00 AM, 540Oak said:

I am strongly considering getting SMP.  Has anyone got it and then regretted it?  Feel free to to send me a private message.  

I got it 7 years ago. At first I loved it; it helped my insecurities around my hair loss. I was in my late 20s at the time and I wasn’t ready to be bald. Then my scalp started suffering from razor burn from the constant shaving; I had a particularly bad case, and this was really unpleasant. I switched to an electric razor, which helped a lot, but it doesn’t keep the hair short enough for as long. The constant keeping it short thing became a hassle over time, and the anxiety of having to shave it every single day to avoid any contrast. Fast forward to now, I’m in my mid-30s and more than happy/ready to embrace my total baldness, so I am letting my SMP fade away - and fading away it is. I’m in a slightly awkward stage now where I have a visible horseshoe because I’m letting it fade away, but I need to keep my hair really really short because any contrast is more obvious. I am now considering laser, but I will probably just persist as it is for the time being.

Having tried Rogaine, with bad side effects, and seriously considered HT, and having tried SMP, I would encourage anyone just to embrace their baldness and to spend the money on a personal trainer and good wardrobe instead. In my opinion it’s not worth the stress.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I personally underwent scalp micropigmentation (SMP) and experienced its transformative effects. Witnessing its impact on my confidence and appearance, I dedicated myself to mastering this technique. Over time, my commitment to excellence in SMP led me to become recognized as one of the world's foremost experts in the field.Make sure you ask questions to any artist you choose!