Dear forum members,

This patient received 1931 grafts (3229 hairs) via FUE and his results are fully grown in.  He started losing his hair in his early twenties and was 28 years of age at the time of his hair transplant.  

He previously tried Propecia and Rogaine however, he stopped taking both of them due to personal reasons.  This patient has been actively participating in Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments a couple times per year.  

This patient's family history of hair loss affects both sides of the family.  On the paternal side, the most advanced balding pattern is around a Norwood Class 3 and on the maternal side, the most significant hair loss pattern was about a Norwood Class 5.  

You can see the patient's hair loss breakdown below from the procedure.

1 Haired FUs - 719
2 Haired FUs - 1127
3 Haired FUs - 84
4 Haired FUs - 1

Total Number of Grafts - 1931
Total Number of Hairs - 3229

The patient's primary goal was to re-create a youthful and natural looking hairline.  Given the patient's family history and hair loss pattern and personal history of thinning, Dr. Rahal felt he was a good candidate.  Dr. Rahal used a smaller number of follicular units while leaving a large quantity in reserve for the possibility of future work if needed.

We look forward to your feedback.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edit - for those interested, I’ve added the individual photos below the collages. The collages are also high-quality but you may have to rotate mobile devices from portrait to landscape to see the true quality when viewing the collages.  

Edit - Video Added

45Degree-Forums.jpg

Donor-Forums.jpg

HairlineCloseup-Forums.jpg

hairline-Forums.jpg

LeftProfile-Forums-1.jpg

4CF688B9-9B00-4610-B172-51B00325E005.jpeg

3CAB94FC-929E-4B80-81D2-FA02F46AFDFD.jpeg

3DC8DA3E-1E04-4192-95C0-E179F0D2C3F9.jpeg

AD8BDFF0-23F0-4776-9E86-66E8280A15B1.jpeg

23E88A67-DD81-4C2F-A659-4314974930A3.jpeg

AF199931-889A-468D-AFC0-1179940EDF2A.jpeg

C7CCD0C9-E1FA-45A6-B7B2-643FAFA54383.jpeg

DE7D539E-9DF5-4ACA-8D8F-FD2ADD63842E.jpeg

CEC8D7BD-2B42-4D60-879A-3F8F05E1F290.jpeg

2CCB992C-6D00-4DE3-947B-5B4977B7604A.jpeg

31903C39-A05E-4E4F-A016-B86069F2AB33.jpeg

DDF2B638-86BE-4AA8-9862-D81C9A1B4926.jpeg

60AF032E-B7D4-495B-9A77-4F60FED6A012.jpeg

441563F9-BC70-4E77-BFFF-E410FFCBBF64.jpeg

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

That is a good result. I think though the patient can forget about the paternal side as he is only 28 and already has some crown loss. He is likely eventually headed to a NW5. PRP can be an effective treatment though so hopefully he will keep a good head of hair for a number of years

• Administrators

Great dense and natural hairline.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Very nice improvement. Like the dense hairline. As they say---refined. I would probably be game for 500 more in Crown, and maybe some additional on right hairline. Is he getting another pass? I would think a 1,000 would more than do it. What is the plan?

Thank you for everybody’s feedback.

Mountinvan,

There really is very minimal if any thinning in this patient’s crown although I can see why it might appear like there’s more in the one photo. That said, The patient was only 28 years old at the time of the procedure and for personal reasons, can’t take finasteride and minoxidil. As a result, he is at a higher risk for additional hair loss and his family history suggests this possibility also. As a result, in my opinion, this patient is not a good candidate for hair transplant surgery in the crown at this time.

Now, he is undergoing regular PRP procedures a couple times per year in order to help maintain his existing hair.  As time goes on, we will have a better idea as to what future of his hair loss looks like and whether or not additional procedures would be appropriate.

Note that I am only providing my opinion at this time based on what I’ve seen of this patient results and history. I would have to talk to Dr. Rachel regarding his official position on this case but based on what I see, his family history, his existing hair loss and his age, I would not suggest touching the crown at all at this time.

In my opinion, Dr. Rahal‘s able to accomplish a lot with a small number of grafts and as you can see his hairline looks fantastic. Could he or anyone for that matter benefit from using more follicular units and dense packing more? Sure. But again, for the same reasons as above, in his case, less is definitely more and the results are outstanding in my opinion.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

We recently added a video for this patient which can be seen below.

We look forward to your feedback.

Rahal Hair Transplant

On 11/12/2022 at 12:52 PM, 5BetaReductase said:

Which steps of the procedure is Dr. Rahal involved in? Does he do the extractions?

Dr. Rahal is directly involved in all processes of the procedure.  While hair transplant surgery is team effort, Dr. Rahal carefully plans and oversees every part of the procedure.  

Dr. Rahal also tests the patient’s skin, grafts, angles and depth of various sections in the donor area.  This is in order to determine exactly what size punch to use for each patient and exactly how deep or shallow he needs to harvest and at what angle, etc.  He also determines which areas of the donor area to extract from in order to obtain an appropriate number of 1, 2, 3 and 4 haired grafts   He also employs a scientific method and formula to determine exactly how many follicular units are available over the course of a patient’s lifetime.

At the end of the day, everybody involved in the hair restoration procedure is highly skilled and experienced at the part they play in order to provide each patient with exceptional results.  Dr. Rahal carefully plans and executes each procedure based on each patients particular and individual characteristics and physiology.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

3 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Dr. Rahal is directly involved in all processes of the procedure.  While hair transplant surgery is real effort, Dr. Rahal carefully plans and oversees every part of the procedure.  

Dr. Rahal also tests the patient’s skin, grams, angles and depth of various sections in the donor area.  This is in order to determine exactly what size punch to use for each patient and exactly how deep or shallow he needs to harvest and at what angle, etc.  He also determines which areas of the donor area to extract from in order to obtain an appropriate number of 1, 2, 3 and 4 haired grafts   He also employs a scientific method and formula to determine exactly how many follicular units are available over the course of a patient’s lifetime.

At the end of the day, everybody involved in the hair restoration procedure is highly skilled and experienced at the part they play in order to provide each patient with exceptional results.  Dr. Rahal carefully plans and executes each procedure based on each patients particular and individual characteristics and physiology.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

I guess I should rephrase my question. Which steps of the fue procedure does Dr. rahal perform? Thanks