Dr. Jean Devroye, HTS Clinic / 3054 FUE / Hairline & front-mid restoration

Logo-HTS-2015-300.png

PATIENT'S DETAILS

26 years old, NW IV, losing his hair since he was 19, with a hair loss history in his family (grandfathers).

No medications.

Medium caliber hair.

Normal follicular units.

High % of hair in telogen phase.

RECOMMENDED TREATMENT

This young gentleman was losing his hair since several years when I received him in consultation for the first time.

Given that he wished to continue wearing his hair short, we agreed upon performing a FUE procedure, consisting of approximately 3000 grafts, in order to restore his hairline and rebuild his anterior and midscalp sections.

In August 2021, he underwent a FUE surgery during which 3054 grafts were eventually extracted and implanted.

The patient has experienced a very fast growth : at the 4th month mark, the change in his look was already remarkable. He continued sending his updates until the 12th post-operative month and, as you can appreciate in the photos below, he is understandably ecstatic about the results achieved.

SURGERY DETAILS

3054 grafts 

Technique : FUE 

Donor area : Scalp

FUE scoring and extractions executed with my WAW system, now widely used in the sphere of FUE. It consists of a very precise pedal that enables to control the movement of the punch, that I also designed myself. The main advantage is to reduce substantially the number of damaged and transected hair, thus to raise the quality of the procedure. The system is now used worldwide and several dozens of surgeons or centres are already using it.

Grafts Breakdown :
449 Single FUE grafts
1176 Double FUE grafts
1271 Triple FUE grafts
158 Quadruple FUE grafts

Total number of Hair : 7246

Average Hair/Graft : 2,37

Dr. Jean Devroye

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-Montage-1

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-Montage-2

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-Montage-3

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-Montage-4

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-Montage-5

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-Montage-6

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-1.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-2.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-3.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-4.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-5.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-6.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-7.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-8.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-9.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-10.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-11.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-12.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-13.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-14.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-15.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-16.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-17.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-18.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-19.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-20.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-21.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-22.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-23.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-24.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-25.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-26.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-27.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-3054-FUE-28.jpg

Dr. Jean Devroye

HTS Clinic - Bruxelles

Email: info@hts-clinic.com 

Telephone: +32 2 880 70 60

Online consultation: https://www.hair-transplant-surgery.com/en/Online-diagnostic

Devroye Instruments: https://www.devroyeinstruments.com/

Dr. Devroye is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Administrators

Excellent results 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

On 10/13/2022 at 5:48 PM, hockeyman said:

Looks terrific - very natural.  Does the patient have any plans to address the crown? How many grafts does he left for future procedures?

So far, the patient is not planning to address the crown area. His donor area can safely provide other 4000 grafts via FUE. His beard hair donor is also quite rich, with favourable characteristic (the beard hair colour matches his scalp hair colour), so that this hair could be used as well – mixed with scalp hair - during a potential procedure to cover the crown.

On 10/13/2022 at 11:52 PM, Marlo said:

Not sure I see the benefit of this surgery. Isn't it super risky to transplant on a 26 year old with such extensive loss when there's no medication being used to halt further loss?

This patient was losing his hair since a very young age and this situation affected acutely his self-esteem during the years. The fact that he is not taking any medications to halt further loss was taken into consideration and discussed with the patient before the surgery : his front-mid areas have been restored in a way that even if he loses his existing hair in the future, the result will most probably still be satisfactory or, at the worst, will need a very minor touch-up. If the patient will reach the NW VI stage, he will need approximately 3000-3500 grafts to cover the vertex with a good density : this amount can easily be reached using exclusively the remaining scalp donor hair, plus beard hair could also be used to optimise the number of available resources. 

• Like 1

Dr. Jean Devroye

HTS Clinic - Bruxelles

Email: info@hts-clinic.com 

Telephone: +32 2 880 70 60

Online consultation: https://www.hair-transplant-surgery.com/en/Online-diagnostic

Devroye Instruments: https://www.devroyeinstruments.com/

Dr. Devroye is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians