Hiding hair growth with existing hair as transplanted hair grows.

Hello,

I had a FUE non shaven hair transplant last month. My hairline was NOT lowered, density was increased in the front with crown region touched up. NO work was done to the temple region. I was a 2-3 on the Norwood scale. My native hair is long (touching my ear lobes). My question is about concealing the hair growth of the transplanted hair over the coming months. If I do nothing and allow both the native hair and the transplanted hair to grow without cutting my native hair, would it giveaway the fact that I have had a hair transplant? I suspect it would take 6 months before my transplanted hair is long enough for me to style and “integrate” with my native /existing hair? Any advice/tips would be gratefully received. 

Thank you in advance. 

3 minutes ago, Roger hair said:

Hello,

I had a FUE non shaven hair transplant last month. My hairline was NOT lowered, density was increased in the front with crown region touched up. NO work was done to the temple region. I was a 2-3 on the Norwood scale. My native hair is long (touching my ear lobes). My question is about concealing the hair growth of the transplanted hair over the coming months. If I do nothing and allow both the native hair and the transplanted hair to grow without cutting my native hair, would it giveaway the fact that I have had a hair transplant? I suspect it would take 6 months before my transplanted hair is long enough for me to style and “integrate” with my native /existing hair? Any advice/tips would be gratefully received. 

Thank you in advance. 

Your transplanted hair will shed and then regrow as is the norm, and your native hair will continue to grow as long as it usually can, so to make it all blend, you would need to get a haircut at some point to shorten the native hair back and let the transplanted hair catch up. Imo, it's probably going to be 6 months. I'm at over 4 months now and got hair that's probably still coming through just about and needs to become thicker and longer to even get noticeable for coverage. A hair cycle is usually 3 months it seems, but even then, with transplanted hair i feel like we have to be even more patient and wait a few times which is why they tell us to wait 12 months but some doctors say it's even up to 18 months we need to give it. 

• Like 1

Even if you only liked to have medium length hair (think Captain America hair length) it will probably take 8 months or so until the transplanted hair is long enough to really come close to matching the length of the rest of your hair.  I'd imagine at 6 months it would be long enough to blend decently given that you didn't have any lowering done.

Edited by John1991
  • Like 2