Has anyone resolved their cobblestone/ridging issue or did you learn to live with it?

I am desperate to know if there is anyone out there similar to my situation and managed to resolve the issue. I have cobblestoning and ridging on my hairline from a poor "surgeon". Not even mentioning the overharvesting at the back but that is the least of my worries right now. 

Has anyone who was in my situation managed to get their skin somewhat back to normal or am I doomed for the rest of my life. 

This is so depressing I can't go anywhere without a hat. I should have manned up and just shaved my head without doing this. Now I want to shave my head but I look disfigured from the obvious raised skin and bumps.

IMG-20220920-WA0006.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Valued Contributor
10 minutes ago, DoNotGoToHAIRGROWTHCENTRE said:

I'm in the UK and to be honest this whole procedure woke me up to never do any type of surgery again unless it is life or death. 

Is there any non surgical way to fix this?

I'm sorry you're going through this. This experience should wake you up to doing proper research. Hair Growth Centre is not a reputable clinic - its reputation is really poor at every level.

I'm in the UK, too. It'll cost you a £100, but the best £100 you could spend right now would be to get yourself down to Portsmouth and get an in-person consultation with Dr Ball at the Maitland Clinic. He does good repair work and he's a good surgeon, probably the best one in the UK (as well as Dr Reddy). Otherwise you might want to get in touch with some of other top clinics in Europe who do great repair work like Feriduni, Mwamba, Bisanga (all in Belgium). They'll be best placed to tell you what's possible, though if it were me I'd want an in-person consultation.

• Valued Contributor
47 minutes ago, DoNotGoToHAIRGROWTHCENTRE said:

I've emailed Dr Ball's clinic, hoping to hear from them soon. Thank you for your reference. 

Do you think its possible for the skin to be smooth again with Dr Ball or is it going to look even more scarred with more fue punches?

I honestly couldn't say, but I'd imagine that removing the problem grafts will help things along. I'd certainly be hopeful that your issues are fixable, but you need to be in the best hands for the job at this point. Good hairline extraction will often leave the scars virtually invisible. When you hear back from Dr Ball's office, ask for any pictures they have of hairline graft removal cases. I think you'd get a much, much superior aesthetic with the problem grafts removed and the lumps and bumps gone, even if you did have some tiny scarring after removing those grafts. But Dr Ball will give you the answers you seek, I'm sure of that.

One thing to add... Ball and the other good repair Dr's I've mentioned aren't cheap. Unfortunately at this point you can't afford to go somewhere cheap and risk additional problems - you need the best and most diligent hands on you and that will cost. I know that's pretty rubbish to hear but that's where you're at now. Please let us know if you hear from Dr Ball and keep us posted - we're all on your team here!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

If it's not extremely bad it will flatten out over time.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I did medical micro-needling and Genius Radio Frequency, both under the supervision of a medical doctor.  The results have been transformative.

A huge bonus is that since the procedure is actually for improving the face, you'll walk out with smoother and more taught facial skin.

Start with one treatment of micro-needling: it's cheap and a relatively simple outpatient procedure:

Removed

Consider Genius Radio Frequency if your age (turkey neck, sagging face) and finances (it is more expensive) warrant it:

Removed