Did my grafts not survive? 2,700 Dr Turan @ FUECap - 0 to 9 Months

Smidge over the 9 month mark with FUECAP (2790 grafts) and although theres some time to go, must admit i’m a little concerned. Hair loss was stabilised with meds (fin and oral min) before.

Post surgery I felt confident that this number of grafts, density etc was realistic to get some decent coverage and form a good foundation for a second surgery. As you can see from when the scabs fell off, this I would have been happy with that and set the expectations accordingly.

I have had some shock-loss (as you can see from previous pics) but it’s like most of the grafts on the left side haven’t broken through yet and generally speaking when compared with the pre-surgery picture, i'm struggling to see 2,790 hairs let alone total grafts... I have circled where there is no grafts at all on the hair line, let alone much happening behind it on that left side where the grafts were placed.

Have shared this with FUECAP and waiting on response but was curious to see if anyone had lots of shock loss that took some time to recover and/or experience delayed hairs poking through at this stage or am I looking at grafts that didn't make it?

Of course, i'm willing to concede that my level of hair-loss needed more than this to fill. But how can the lack of visible grafts matching with the post-surgery shot be explained?

Fingers crossed for some growth over next few months but feeling a little disheartened tbh

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 16.31.36.png

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 16.31.56.png

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 16.32.09.png

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 16.32.22.png

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 16.32.57.png

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 16.33.12.png

c847c215-3046-4228-9350-a0a0e050c8ac.jpg

• Administrators

Can you share some pictures at different angles? It’s hard to gauge growth because the hair is combed down. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Although it is concerning that not much has happened. I have seen a few cases where people haven’t started growing much until month 9. Perhaps You had unfortunate timing in the shed cycle so all your hairs were shedding when they got implanted and will grow at a later time. 

it’s really hard to say you’ll grow at xyz pace. I have seen 2 cases from bloxham and feller, a good clinic in my opinion, where they didn’t get their end result until month 16-18.

for now just keep carrying in about your day and contact your surgeon to see what they tell you.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

I am scheduled to go to Turan in November, so perhaps my comments are wishful thinking, but I'm inclined to trust my eyes because there seems to be significant growth and coverage in the temple area. It looks great! By the by, any advice for a soon to be Turan patient? 

They do seem to have grown but not dense.

I am consulting with Dr Turan as well and concerned about the poor growth on left side. But it’s also a bad angle as Melvin suggested. Comb the hair up not down so the complete hairline can be seen clearly, you’re doing the opposite.

31 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

They do seem to have grown but not dense.

I am consulting with Dr Turan as well and concerned about the poor growth on left side. But it’s also a bad angle as Melvin suggested. Comb the hair up not down so the complete hairline can be seen clearly, you’re doing the opposite.

Yes. It looks like the hairline looks similar to before, just moved forward. But hard to see if that is really the case from those pics.

• 2 months later...