3500 extract, 1350 implanted

DickSmith

Hi everyone 

Topic: 3500 extract, 1350 implanted

I had my first FUE done, my biggest worry is that I got ~3500 extracted and ~1350 implanted...

Details:

1.Booked a turkish clinic to perform "DHI" with choi pens.

2.Reputable doctor a part of the American Board of Hair Restoration society. I will not reveal their name for obvious reasons...

3. The doctor wrote and signed the following: 

3.1DHI with choi pens

3.2 doctor to extract 

3.3, 5 technicians to perform harvest and implant.

3.4 3500 follicles 

3.5 $1600 USD

Plus others things promised 

What I got was the following:

I arrive at the clinic, the process was very efficient and was as follows all in the same day

1.Accounting

They charged me the remainder of the money owed to them, $300 deposit paid a month before $1300 on the day

2. Consultation 

An interpreter accompanied me for the whole time I was there. Doctor consulted with me for roughly 3 minutes, drew a hairline using a laser guide, drew a line which wasn't very symetrical, she had to redo it. She was genuinely nice. I asked for 2500 front and 1000 planted on the crown. 

3. Hair shave

I was taken to another room where my photo was taken, my hair cut, the young fellow who cut my hair 😤 was more of a butcher than gentle. He washed my hair in a hurry and when my hair was finished i touched my scalp and noticed lots of tiny hair offcuts lets on my hair. Concerned about infection I asked him to wash it more whete he said its fine and insisted that I follow the interpreter.

4. Interpreter took me across the road into a clinic where the technicians were waiting for me. Very efficiently they took my clothes off, gowned me and gave me a few tablets, one of which was endone which I am super sensitive too, I was pretty much high here on out. 

5. I laid on the bed and the surgery began. They drew blood from my right arm and applied local anesthetics. I told the doctor about my not so clean scalp, she gave it a wipe and said something in turkish, she was super nice. 

6. I around ~3400 incision, it took a lot of concentration but I stayed on point eventhough I was high on endone. The incision was performed extremely fast. The extraction videos on youtube averaged about 1 follicle every secound or so but mine was done at 2-3 per second. It was super fast. At this time there were 2 people in the room, the doctor and a technician.

7. The surgery started around 9.30 and by around 12 they had finished the extraction, and implated about 50 using Choi pens on the front line. At this time there were 2 people in the room, the doctor and a technician. 2 people in room with me doctor and technician. 

8.The choi pens felt very dull and the doctor struggled at times to push the pens in. They were doing 1 choi pen every 10 seconds. 

9. After lunch at around 12.30 pm the techincian and doctor came back and continues, this time they didnt use choi pens, the doctor started punching in holes with what seemed to be a very sharp scalpel. She was punching holes very fast at around 1.5 holes every second. The doctor did not say or explain why she stopped using choi pens, i suspect because they were dull. 

10. After the incision was over another technician walked is, a young gentleman who started dividing the follicles into hair counts. The doctor asked him to prepair the 4 haired follicles for the front in turkish (I know a bit of turkish). 

11. 2 technician and the doctor performed until it was all over at around 3.30. 

12. They wrapped the donor area and sent me home. 

After the surgery:

After a day I took photos of the donor area and transplant area and found the following: 

1. 346 was planted on my crown 

2. ~1000 at my front. 

3. I counted using photo and doting in the implanted with my S22 galaxy ultra phone which has an amazing photo quality and a pen which could let me dot the hairs and count them. 

4. I contacted the doctor and asked why they didnt use choi pen to which they responded: the did FUE method to get high density. The density I have implanted is at around 12 /cm2.

5. I asked why I got 3500 extracted and 1350, they assured me that I counted wrong and that there really is 3500 implanted.

Can You guys please review the photos of the surgery and let me know your thoughts.

20220923_221817.jpg

20220923_221809.jpg

20220923_221756.jpg

20220925_174159.jpg

1 hour ago, thetdog666 said:

What did you expect for $1600??????

Lol right. If you go buy 1oz gold for 200$ then wonder if it was real or fake? While pricing is not everything one should be skeptical of severely under priced clinics . 

Bro there is so much wrong here.

9:30 a.m. to only 3:30 for 3,500 grafts...? 7 hours to do that amount means they were doing 500 grafts an hour which comes to 8 grafts per minute (assuming a constant rate)... complete rush job.🤢

$1,600 for 3,500 is also a red-flag. Sub 50 cents per graft...

12 cm for coverage...wtf?💀

It really looks too spaced out in too small an area to be 3,500. On the bright side, they only wasted 1,350 of your precious grafts (though lied about the graft count like typical charlatans). Unfortunately, they placed them in the front, so if it grows in poorly, this will likely require a pretty extensive repair. Please don't make mistake of selecting a subpar clinic to fix this or get more grafts for density.

Please save future victims and name this clinic ASAP.

Edited by Z--

10 hours ago, DickSmith said:

I was hoping I could get some opinion before naming them especially if I might be wrong here. But it is scary to be missing 2000 grafts. 

Maybe people know that the clinic is known for this in other cases, or that this clinic does something that makes it seem like this but the hairs will come later, and so on. Knowing which clinic it is will just make it easier to answer you.