XYONHealth Partnership and Announcement

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

Dear Community,

I’m pleased to announce that we have partnered up with XYON Health. Most of you know my story. I tried oral finasteride back in 2007 and suffered terrible side effects. I haven’t taken any form of finasteride since. Unfortunately, I went completely bald before the age of 30. If only a compounded-topical treatment like this was available back then.

BEFORE 30.png

The reality is that if you don’t stop DHT from attacking vulnerable hair follicles, you’re fighting an uphill battle. Even if you get multiple hair transplants, the transplanted hair may be susceptible to DHT. Remember, the hair in your donor is DHT resistant, not DHT-proof.

@Pat - Community Publisher, stopped taking oral finasteride over two years ago. He started taking Topical Finasteride, with SiloxySystem™ Gel over 6 months ago and has gotten great results. There have been a lot of questions regarding this formula. 

For example:

“Why is it 2.5% finasteride and not 1% or 0.01% like most compounded formulas?”

“What’s the SiloxySystem™ Gel and how does it work?”

Most of those questions can now be answered in the XYON Health Library, their new knowledge and education center.

Additionally, we will create a XYON Q&A that will be monitored by the company's founders, Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Simon Pimstone. That thread will serve as a perfect opportunity to ask the creators of this compounded formula questions regarding the gel delivery system. 

My Major ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will be sharing my own XYON Health journey on the forum and youtube at the end of the year. I’ve held off because I’m expecting my son in a month. It is not recommended to take this medication if you’re trying to conceive or unless you know you’re having a daughter. 

Journey coming soon..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This is great news. I quickly skimmed through the article and seems like this formulation reduces absorption of fin into bloodstream which is fantastic. 

May even require less frequent dosing if the gel is slow release and stays active on scalp for longer periods.

• Like 2

• Administrators
8 hours ago, LookMaxx said:

This is great news. I quickly skimmed through the article and seems like this formulation reduces absorption of fin into bloodstream which is fantastic. 

May even require less frequent dosing if the gel is slow release and stays active on scalp for longer periods.

That’s what I plan to test on myself, though they recommend daily use.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Good luck with it @Melvin- Moderator. If you can tolerate this then you will have all of your bases covered. 👌

I do feel that a solid topical like XYONHealth is the way to go, since it stays on the scalp at a high dosage but doesn’t penetrate in the bloodstream as much. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Let us know how you respond Melvin. 

My personal experience is that combining this with topical min results in side effects, my guess is that the carrier in the topical min foam also carries the fin. 

I am on oral min now so I will be trying again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 12:47 AM, HairRun said:

Let us know how you respond Melvin. 

My personal experience is that combining this with topical min results in side effects, my guess is that the carrier in the topical min foam also carries the fin. 

I am on oral min now so I will be trying again. 

about 9 days in, and I have a ball ache, which isn't a good sign, but much better than before. I've also read accounts of being trying fin and they have a ball ache at first and then they don't have any side effects, I hope that's the case with me. 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, HairRun said:

about 9 days in, and I have a ball ache, which isn't a good sign, but much better than before. I've also read accounts of being trying fin and they have a ball ache at first and then they don't have any side effects, I hope that's the case with me. 

The ball ache sounds like an uncomfortable side effect, but I have heard that it almost always resolves on its own. I'm not as concerned with the ball ache side as I am the sexual and cognitive sides. How's everything else?

View my thread

7 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The ball ache sounds like an uncomfortable side effect, but I have heard that it almost always resolves on its own. I'm not as concerned with the ball ache side as I am the sexual and cognitive sides. How's everything else?

So far so good. I've never had any cognitive side effects, just sexual ones, but I haven't had any in this trial of Xyon. 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, HairRun said:

So far so good. I've never had any cognitive side effects, just sexual ones, but I haven't had any in this trial of Xyon. 

Very reassuring, what's your exact protocol? I'm gonna be doing my journey next month. 

View my thread

19 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Very reassuring, what's your exact protocol? I'm gonna be doing my journey next month. 

I do my best to squeeze out half a pump, and apply once a week. It's tricky because with Xyon, 1 pump is the whole application, where as with Italian one, Farmacia Patrari or something, 4 pumps is one application, so you can split it up. With the Italian one, I was able to get to 4 weeks with the half dose applied 1x a week before experiencing side effects.

With Xyon, I have a theory that once a week might be enough. I'm thinking back to when I first tried Xyon, and got side effects 6 days post application right after I applied topical min. That means the finasteride was still in my scalp at day 6. Just a thought. 

4 hours ago, The comeback king said:

Hey man you didn’t by any chance happen to test your dht prior to taking this formulation , the reason I ask is because xyon said in their trials there was only a  25% reduction of serum dht  in all their patients.  While I don’t question that. Would be nice to get people outside of the trial to help give more confidence in going forward with it giving it’s on the pricier side. FYI I had been taking oral and had no problems but just never been comfortable with reducing my dht so much which is why i been looking at topicals lately 

No I didn't do any blood tests. I should have. 

• 2 months later...

I never thought about asking about this until now that I see XYON being advertised everywhere. 

Was there a reason why you chose to partner with XYON over other brand or other companies that produce topical finastiride? 

I'm hoping the reason for this partner ship was because of high amount of evidence that this product works, studies, research, etc. rather than a monetary one. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

I never thought about asking about this until now that I see XYON being advertised everywhere. 

Was there a reason why you chose to partner with XYON over other brand or other companies that produce topical finastiride? 

I'm hoping the reason for this partner ship was because of high amount of evidence that this product works, studies, research, etc. rather than a monetary one. 

Yes, we chose to partner with Xyon specifically because of their siloxysytem gel, which acts as a mesh to keep the finasteride on the scalp and prevent it from absorbing rapidly.

To me, the science behind it made the most sense, and it’s really the only topical I feel safe trying. I’ve always maintained that this compounded medication isn’t for everyone, many will be better off on the oral version if they don’t get sides, but for those like me who got bad sides, it’s a good quality alternative.

View my thread

On 9/29/2022 at 5:25 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dear Community,

I’m pleased to announce that we have partnered up with XYON Health. Most of you know my story. I tried oral finasteride back in 2007 and suffered terrible side effects. I haven’t taken any form of finasteride since. Unfortunately, I went completely bald before the age of 30. If only a compounded-topical treatment like this was available back then.

BEFORE 30.png

The reality is that if you don’t stop DHT from attacking vulnerable hair follicles, you’re fighting an uphill battle. Even if you get multiple hair transplants, the transplanted hair may be susceptible to DHT. Remember, the hair in your donor is DHT resistant, not DHT-proof.

@Pat - Community Publisher, stopped taking oral finasteride over two years ago. He started taking Topical Finasteride, with SiloxySystem™ Gel over 6 months ago and has gotten great results. There have been a lot of questions regarding this formula. 

For example:

“Why is it 2.5% finasteride and not 1% or 0.01% like most compounded formulas?”

“What’s the SiloxySystem™ Gel and how does it work?”

Most of those questions can now be answered in the XYON Health Library, their new knowledge and education center.

Additionally, we will create a XYON Q&A that will be monitored by the company's founders, Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Simon Pimstone. That thread will serve as a perfect opportunity to ask the creators of this compounded formula questions regarding the gel delivery system. 

My Major ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will be sharing my own XYON Health journey on the forum and youtube at the end of the year. I’ve held off because I’m expecting my son in a month. It is not recommended to take this medication if you’re trying to conceive or unless you know you’re having a daughter. 

Journey coming soon..

So finasteride will help preserve or fight off dht on transplanted hairs? I thought dht blockers and minoxidil are only affected for native hairs ?

Edited by Smacias15

• Administrators
Just now, Smacias15 said:

So finasteride will help preserve or fight off dht on transplanted hairs? I thought dht blockers and minoxidil or only affected for native hairs ?

Transplanted hair is DHT resistant not DHT proof. DHT does affect transplanted hair, but to a lesser degree. 

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Transplanted hair is DHT resistant not DHT proof. DHT does affect transplanted hair, but to a lesser degree. 

Ok so do you recommend using Xyon on transplanted hairs or even donor hairs to fight off dht?

• Administrators
Just now, Smacias15 said:

Ok so do you recommend using Xyon on transplanted hairs or even donor hairs to fight off dht?

No, in my opinion, it’s a waste of product. I recommend using the product in the areas that are actively thinning. If your hairline was transplanted. I would use it there too. But not in the midscalp. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

On 12/29/2022 at 8:37 PM, Smacias15 said:

So finasteride will help preserve or fight off dht on transplanted hairs? I thought dht blockers and minoxidil are only affected for native hairs ?

Well if FUE is greater than 2000 grafts doctors will have to extract graft from non safe zone so you will need medication to prevent transplanted hair to fall later for these graft taken ouside safe zone ! For FUT there is no such problem because all grafts are taken in safe zone.

This is the reason why the skill of surgeon is very important because he has to take into account that there is grafts wich will fall later if patient do not take medication or medication do not work so it has to remain aeshetic... So extracted graft from outside safe zone need to be carefully implanted on specific zone so aesheticism will be more or less preserved when the grafts will fall...

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

• 3 months later...
On 1/1/2023 at 4:30 AM, arthurSam said:

Well if FUE is greater than 2000 grafts doctors will have to extract graft from non safe zone so you will need medication to prevent transplanted hair to fall later for these graft taken ouside safe zone ! For FUT there is no such problem because all grafts are taken in safe zone.

This is the reason why the skill of surgeon is very important because he has to take into account that there is grafts wich will fall later if patient do not take medication or medication do not work so it has to remain aeshetic... So extracted graft from outside safe zone need to be carefully implanted on specific zone so aesheticism will be more or less preserved when the grafts will fall...

It Doesn’t matter if you have an FUE or FUT, your native hair will keep falling if you aren’t in any meds so this safe zone argument is moot. And not all safe zones are created equal, it will thin out as time goes on as well.  But hey, you can get an FUT and don’t  have take meds if you don’t want to but you will have nothing but transplanted hairs on your scalp with all your native hairs gone or thinned out, your choice . 

Edited by Smacias15

15 hours ago, Smacias15 said:

It Doesn’t matter if you have an FUE or FUT, your native hair will keep falling if you aren’t in any meds so this safe zone argument is moot. And not all safe zones are created equal, it will thin out as time goes on as well.  But hey, you can get an FUT and don’t  have take meds if you don’t want to but you will have nothing but transplanted hairs on your scalp with all your native hairs gone or thinned out, your choice . 

Yes natives will continue to fall anyway, but transplanted hairs with FUT will not fall like the ones with FUE taken outside the safe zone will fall if no med. Pure logic as 1+1=2.

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

This is interesting. Since oral will protect your donor as you get older the topical will not as it’s only applied to the top of the head.

I have seen donors thinning out with age exposing scars, etc. Any way to keep the donor healthy without an oral.