5 reasons why being bald is great for your career

LookMaxx

Found this interesting article 😂

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/5-reasons-why-being-bald-great-your-career-kyle-turk

5 Reasons Why Being Bald Is Great For Your Career. 

Kyle Turk, CMClick here to view Kyle Turk, CM’S profile

Kyle Turk, CM

VP of Marketing at Altis Recruitment &…

Published Feb 22, 2016
"Being a bald man has helped me succeed in my career" 

This may seem like a bold statement but studies have shown that bald men are seen as having better leadership potential, are more assertive and considered to be more powerful than other men.

Here are 5 reasons why being bald will help you with your career.

1. Experienced look

When I first began my career as a young entrepreneur the biggest difference after I started going bald and shaved my head was that people took me noticeably more serious. Others thought that I was older than I was which gave the impression of experience and expertise. This opened more doors and I was able to make the necessary connections with influential business people in the community.

2. Networking is easier

It is easier to talk to others when there is a connection between you. Bald people know they have to stick together. When you see another bald man at a networking event you instantly have solidarity making it an easy approach. Throwing in a bald joke or two can also make for a great icebreaker.

3. Consistent professional appearance

This point applies to particularly cold or windy days. I simply step outside and I am worry free. If you have hair, this is not the case. We’ve all been to events or meetings where somebody’s hair looks awful and obviously out of place. When your hair is messy you don’t look well put together. This results in people thinking that you are unprofessional or untrustworthy.

4. It's already gone

This point is quite simple. If your hair is already gone you won’t lose it during long stressful days at the office. According to leading psychologists, the fear of going bald is one of the worst fears men have. This could alter your ability to focus or perform in the office.

5. Time savings

We’ve all heard the expression “time is money”. Being bald has saved me time every morning - shampooing, conditioning and styling my hair. This means I can arrive at the office 30 minutes earlier resulting in extra time and being more productive at the office.

Edited by LookMaxx
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• LookMaxx changed the title to 5 reasons why being bald is great for your career

I can appreciate this. The guy is just trying to sound out to dudes who are on the fringe of complete loss to let it go, even if some of these things aren't complete advantages of course. I always think that being bald isn't an issue, its all how a person fits or reacts to their situation. I have a buddy who's bald and can't come to grips with it and wears a cap everywhere he goes, the shocking thing is he looks better now than when he had hair because he never did anything good with it back when he had it. On the flip side, another buddy of mine completely rocks it and ppl levitate towards him because he's so comfortable with it. Its a challenge for sure, and i'm not one to talk for how easy it is to accept hair loss as I've done as much as most ppl can to keep mine. 

• Like 1

We can all agree there comes a point when you are literally hanging on by the ends for your hair loss. 

It's hard to accept and unfortunately this affliction is cruel and uncaring. It will be devastating if you don't act and imho, many guys do not proactively get to the stage of even using prevention. 

Hair loss is like having sex and not using a condom for protection - NARMAK (2022)

• Administrators

Should be called "5 Reasons to Help You Cope with Hair Loss."

• Like 6

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 months later...