One side of the head had more grafts than the other?

So 2 weeks~ in and I feel like one side of the transplant was performed better than the other. I didnt have to shave my head, so all I have is the temples where the hairline receded:

This was 10 days in:

https://imgur.com/a/SCmkupb/

This was from today, 15 days:

https://imgur.com/a/BDmzINy

I'm kinda worried one side is going to be significantly more dense than the other, but at this point there's really nothing I can do for now besides wait. Just want to know if anyone has had similar graft patterns with good results.

I agree it looks like one side is less dense. Who knows, maybe overall the hair transplant will be awesome and you won't notice this at all, or the way you style your hair it wont be an issue. 

But yea one side definitely looks less dense. If this is an issue it should be an easy top up. 

Who was the doctor and why was this a no shave procedure? 

No shave FUEs can be really challenging for inexperienced and/or bad surgeons. That may have contributed

40 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I agree it looks like one side is less dense. Who knows, maybe overall the hair transplant will be awesome and you won't notice this at all, or the way you style your hair it wont be an issue. 

But yea one side definitely looks less dense. If this is an issue it should be an easy top up. 

Who was the doctor and why was this a no shave procedure? 

No shave FUEs can be really challenging for inexperienced and/or bad surgeons. That may have contributed

Dr. Lopresti, and shaving was optional. I contemplated shaving, but hate how I look with short hair so assumed it would be okay.

Hoping it does turn out great, just paranoid for these early stages like everyone else I suppose :-) 

• Like 1

How many grafts were transplanted?

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 months later...

Wow, hate to hear that.  I can't imagine a doctor not disclosing the graft count.  Hope we hear back from "Giraffsarecool" to see how he is doing.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It’s incredibly embarrassing in hindsight. I really wish that I had found this community prior to going forward with it, but nothing I can do about it now. I’m hoping that maybe they took so few grafts that I’ll still be able to shave my head when my hair loss progresses haha

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2023 at 7:11 AM, ALittelTeal said:

It’s incredibly embarrassing in hindsight. I really wish that I had found this community prior to going forward with it, but nothing I can do about it now. I’m hoping that maybe they took so few grafts that I’ll still be able to shave my head when my hair loss progresses haha

Have you spoken with him about it?  I am in a similar situation as to post above.  One side looks like it was done professionally by a machine.  The other looks patchy and has holes.  a different tech worked on each side and the craftsmanship is very obvious.  Do you have any follow up news? 

On 9/14/2022 at 7:42 PM, giraffesarecool62 said:

So 2 weeks~ in and I feel like one side of the transplant was performed better than the other. I didnt have to shave my head, so all I have is the temples where the hairline receded:

This was 10 days in:

https://imgur.com/a/SCmkupb/

This was from today, 15 days:

https://imgur.com/a/BDmzINy

I'm kinda worried one side is going to be significantly more dense than the other, but at this point there's really nothing I can do for now besides wait. Just want to know if anyone has had similar graft patterns with good results.

Have you spoken with him about it?  I am in a similar situation as to post above.  One side looks like it was done professionally by a machine.  The other looks patchy and has holes.  a different tech worked on each side and the craftsmanship is very obvious.  Do you have any follow up news? 

2 hours ago, newuser198484 said:

I followed up with them recently and shared my frustrations. They were a little defensive, but also acknowledged the disappointing results. They said there was still a chance of late growth, but I don’t believe it and don’t believe he does either. Are you a patient of this same doc?

4 hours ago, ALittelTeal said:

I followed up with them recently and shared my frustrations. They were a little defensive, but also acknowledged the disappointing results. They said there was still a chance of late growth, but I don’t believe it and don’t believe he does either. Are you a patient of this same doc?

Is there a way for me to contact you in private?

@giraffesarecool62,

I do agree that one side looks a little more dense than the other. However, there’s no sense in worryin or stressing early on since you’re not gonna know what the end result will look like until 12 to 18 months.   The postoperative photos aren’t always an indication of what the final result will look like. Keep in mind that if you were amount of follicular units may have been transplanted on one side due to the amount of natural hair  there are also other reasons for this. That said, the only thing you can really do this point is wait for the final result and draw conclusions then. If you require more work,  you can always make the decision to do that.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Really pulling for you to have some late growth.  Please stay in touch with us and keep us informed on any progress.  Hang in there.

• 1 month later...