Will there ever be a surgery/pill that will regrow hair within a month?

So we all know that the best solution for hair loss is a HT, but it takes ~1 year to see the final results.

Do you think it would be possible to have all of your hair restored in less than a month through surgery/pills/Stem cells, in the near future?

It takes a year because that’s how long it takes for a hair cycle to complete roughly and hairs to become visible. 

It’s the same as wishing for a baby to come out in a month. 

Anyhow weird question. Dunno why you want hairs growing that fast unless you’re a barber

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thegreatdane said:

So we all know that the best solution for hair loss is a HT, but it takes ~1 year to see the final results.

Do you think it would be possible to have all of your hair restored in less than a month through surgery/pills/Stem cells, in the near future?

I’m not a betting man but no. 

people been looking for hair loss cure for more than a century, with all "promising cure" being a total dud.
finasteride wasn't even thought for hair loss, it was actually a med for prostate, which in turn researcher noticed it's beneficial effect for hair. we simply got lucky.

i hope there would be the cure, and bless whoever find it, and he'd be fooken rich if he patented it since there's no shortage of rich balding men.

realistically though? minox, finas, HT might be the only effective treatment for our lifetime.
but hey, we found out microneedling helps, maybe something else will come up.

• Administrators

I doubt there will be anything remotely close in the next 100 years. The closest thing we may have to a cure will depend on regenerating the donor hair. You will need to combine a treatment with surgery. 

Check out my final hair transplant journey

My Final Hair Transplant Journey (Over 9K Total FUE Grafts) 

View my thread

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

I think it's always going to take at least the amount of time for the hair to grow. If someone isn't losing hair and shaves their head or cuts their hair very short, it takes months to get back to the length it was at previously. I don't think you are going to change that very much other than something that maybe can increase the rate of hair growth, but you'd probably be only cutting the time down slightly.