Will there ever be a surgery/pill that will regrow hair within a month?

It takes a year because that’s how long it takes for a hair cycle to complete roughly and hairs to become visible. 

It’s the same as wishing for a baby to come out in a month. 

Anyhow weird question. Dunno why you want hairs growing that fast unless you’re a barber

• Haha 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Thegreatdane said:

So we all know that the best solution for hair loss is a HT, but it takes ~1 year to see the final results.

Do you think it would be possible to have all of your hair restored in less than a month through surgery/pills/Stem cells, in the near future?

I’m not a betting man but no. 

people been looking for hair loss cure for more than a century, with all "promising cure" being a total dud.
finasteride wasn't even thought for hair loss, it was actually a med for prostate, which in turn researcher noticed it's beneficial effect for hair. we simply got lucky.

i hope there would be the cure, and bless whoever find it, and he'd be fooken rich if he patented it since there's no shortage of rich balding men.

realistically though? minox, finas, HT might be the only effective treatment for our lifetime.
but hey, we found out microneedling helps, maybe something else will come up.

• Administrators

I doubt there will be anything remotely close in the next 100 years. The closest thing we may have to a cure will depend on regenerating the donor hair. You will need to combine a treatment with surgery. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

I think it's always going to take at least the amount of time for the hair to grow. If someone isn't losing hair and shaves their head or cuts their hair very short, it takes months to get back to the length it was at previously. I don't think you are going to change that very much other than something that maybe can increase the rate of hair growth, but you'd probably be only cutting the time down slightly.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 4 months later...

- restore all your hair 

Biotech and rejuvenation are picking up steam now. I think it will happen.

- in less than a month

No. Well, think how long it takes a shaved head to grow long hair. It takes a while. The best you could hope for is that. Unless they invent some drug that accelerates hair growth massively.

- in the near future

No. It’s not going to happen. Maybe in ten years, maybe in twenty. But for now, the answer is no.

Then again, you could get it all back instantly with a hair system ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think we will get something that can make you go from bald to non balding within the span of a month. Treatments like Minoxidil usually see results in 4-5 months or so so I imagine if there was a super treatment it would follow a similar time frame as minoxidil.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

As for the possibility of having ALL of your hair restored in less than a month through surgery, pills, or stem cells, it's currently not possible. Hair restoration is a complex process that involves the growth of new hair from transplanted or existing follicles, and this process takes time.

Stem cell therapy for hair restoration is still in the early stages of research and development, and there is currently no evidence to support the idea that it can restore hair in less than a month. Similarly, pills and other medical treatments for hair loss can help to slow down or stop hair loss, but they cannot restore hair in such a short amount of time.

Although, I strongly believe we are not so far away from the future where things seen as futuristic as this will become possible.

Best regards

• 7 months later...
On 9/5/2022 at 12:42 PM, Thegreatdane said:

So we all know that the best solution for hair loss is a HT, but it takes ~1 year to see the final results.

Do you think it would be possible to have all of your hair restored in less than a month through surgery/pills/Stem cells, in the near future?

Hi, at the moment it is not possible to get full hair regrowth in one month. However, a few years ago, most medicines took 90 days for reasonable results. But now due to advancement in the medicines and treatment options, one can see some percentage of improvement in 30 days. I am sharing here a patient who got 2 hair transplant procedures 10 years ago from some clinic. Ten years later, his transplanted hair became sparse / thin or less in density, adding more baldness in the crown area. He started Fin but has side effects. I gave him beard hair for a head hair transplant option but he did not accept it. I tried a combination of treatments simultaneously and one can see some progress in 30 days. 

02 Aug 23.jpg

02 Sept 23.jpg

collage (36).jpg

Edited by AhmadChaudhry

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan