If money wasn't a deciding factor, which hair transplant surgeon would you go to?

41 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

With Dr K you pay a premium for peace of mind and zero  f'ups.  No misaligned grafts, doubles in the hairline, pluggy look, exhausted donor area...

I'm not saying you couldn't end up with areas of poor growth, but at least you would be safe in the knowledge that nothing was done to increase the risk of it occuring.  It would probably have been something out of the doctor's control.

Definitely agree. I'm wondering if that premium is also worth it when it comes to something more "simple" tho, such as just adding density to the back of the head and crown with chest and beard grafts. I wrote a comment above explaining better what I mean

3 hours ago, 1978matt said:

With Dr K you pay a premium for peace of mind and zero  f'ups.  No misaligned grafts, doubles in the hairline, pluggy look, exhausted donor area...

I'm not saying you couldn't end up with areas of poor growth, but at least you would be safe in the knowledge that nothing was done to increase the risk of it occuring.  It would probably have been something out of the doctor's control.

Couldn’t you say the same with other high end doctors? Bisanga, Cuoto, Ferreira, Freitas, etc…..

36 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

Couldn’t you say the same with other high end doctors? Bisanga, Cuoto, Ferreira, Freitas, etc…..

Do they extract every single graft personally, do every single incision, oversee every single graft placement/orientation, and stay in the room 100% of the procedure?

Cuoto possibly, but I honestly don't know about the others.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

2 hours ago, 1978matt said:

Do they extract every single graft personally, do every single incision, oversee every single graft placement/orientation, and stay in the room 100% of the procedure?

Cuoto possibly, but I honestly don't know about the others.

I'm pretty sure bisanga does. Anyway, for something less delicate such as just adding overall density in the crown area using body and beard grafts, is the premium of Konior still worth it? I'll definitely get my hairline done with him but I know he usually doesn't do large amounts of grafts in one day, so after having done like 1500 grafts from my donor to my hairline, plus 1000 body/ beard grafts, and having spent around 40k, if I was to want to add more density to the crown, say as many beard and chest grafts as possible, would it really be worth it for me to go again to Konior rather than Bisanga? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 3:12 PM, shadowcast said:

$$$

This is 100% correct. Lorenzos clinic operates exactly like a Turkish hair mill. 4 patients a day, 5 minute consults and then you’re sent to a room with a 22 year old technician with cigarette breath decimating your donor. All of this at the same cost as other top European doctors who actually care like bisanga.

Konior or couto

I've never seen a bad result from either though admittedly i haven't gone out of my way to look

Konior because the variables are infinitely less with him. He's the guy doing almost the whole procedure so there won't be a situation where one of the techs calls in sick or something. Plus his results are crazy good and well... He does more with less but maybe you don't need less when you've got infinite money

Couto results are pretty insane but the mythical couto wait list seems to last forever. 

I've seen some pretty crazy de freitas results as well as h&w so I'll name drop them as well

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 1:53 PM, Calihome1 said:

Couto i think does a very significant amount if not all

Freitas i think has a couple techs but all with lots of experience

The others idk

13 hours ago, deeznuts said:

Konior or couto

I've never seen a bad result from either though admittedly i haven't gone out of my way to look

Konior because the variables are infinitely less with him. He's the guy doing almost the whole procedure so there won't be a situation where one of the techs calls in sick or something. Plus his results are crazy good and well... He does more with less but maybe you don't need less when you've got infinite money

Couto results are pretty insane but the mythical couto wait list seems to last forever. 

I've seen some pretty crazy de freitas results as well as h&w so I'll name drop them as well

100% my choices as well.