If money wasn't a deciding factor, which hair transplant surgeon would you go to?

I'm new to the hair transplant community and I'm looking to find the best hair transplant surgeon money can buy. I know there are a lot of talented guys out there that are pretty much on the same level, but I'm asking this question so that when I decide to finally book with a surgeon I can get peace of mind knowing that I did my DD and gave my hair the best treatment money can buy. 
I heard a lot of good things about Dr. Raymond Konior, how does he compare to someone like Dr. Juan Cuoto? Or Dr. Zarev from Bulgaria 

• Valued Contributor

The answer to your question needs to include your type of hair loss, donor condition, meds or no meds, age, etc. For a Norwood 7 on someone who is in the 40-50 age bracket then I would have to say Dr Sethi and Dr Pitella. For the same with an outstanding scalp donor source then I would add Dr Zarev. All the best!

Hello 

3 minutes ago, Youngbuck24 said:

I'm new to the hair transplant community and I'm looking to find the best hair transplant surgeon money can buy. I know there are a lot of talented guys out there that are pretty much on the same level, but I'm asking this question so that when I decide to finally book with a surgeon I can get peace of mind knowing that I did my DD and gave my hair the best treatment money can buy. 
I heard a lot of good things about Dr. Raymond Konior, how does he compare to someone like Dr. Juan Cuoto? Or Dr. Zarev from Bulgaria 

Sethi, Konior, Hasson & Wong. 
Money does matters my friend but its hard to deny that luck also plays an important role. Dr. Sethi has cured NW6&7 in an amazing way and at the same time Konior has been constantly showing tremendous results. Other quality surgeons include Bisanga, Frietas, Cuoto, etc. Do your research properly and choose a surgeon according to your need not according to the costs comparison. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

The answer to your question needs to include your type of hair loss, donor condition, meds or no meds, age, etc. For a Norwood 7 on someone who is in the 40-50 age bracket then I would have to say Dr Sethi and Dr Pitella. For the same with an outstanding scalp donor source then I would add Dr Zarev. All the best!

Thank you for your reply @Gatsby, here is a little bit more info. I'm 23, I am on 2.5mg of dutasteride since a year and prior to that I was on 1mg of finasteride for a little over a year. I have diffuse thinning, my plan was to get a little bit of added density on the hairline and fill out a bit more my temples, with not more than 1500 grafts. And then get another 1500 grafts added to the crown area for added density, perhaps using also beard and body hairs for that, as being a diffuse thinner my donor is average at best and I would like to keep some follicles for the future. The reason I want a hair transplant being this young is because my hair loss was triggered by steroid abuse, and most doctors are very understanding of my particular circumstances 

25 minutes ago, BaldV said:

I would personlly go to either Konior or Lorenzo, Couto is a great surgeon but he lacks a lot of independant reviews 

There are many bad reviews of Lorenzo in the spanish forum, he is doing 4x a day now and is usually pretty arrogant and bad attitude towards clients.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Youngbuck24 said:

Read that too. Konior seems to be my best bet right? 

Konior is a good choice, but i will advise you not to rush things. 
Get consultation from other doctors, Especially get in touch with Dr. Sethi, if he can take up your case. I feel perosnally, he will be the best fit for you. 

1 hour ago, DHT said:

Konior is a good choice, but i will advise you not to rush things. 
Get consultation from other doctors, Especially get in touch with Dr. Sethi, if he can take up your case. I feel perosnally, he will be the best fit for you. 

I do not doubt that Dr. Sethi is an awesome doctor, but for me as mentioned above it’s mainly about peace of mind. Consciously I doubt that there are huge gaps in talent when it comes to the top 30 best surgeons... but I want to be able to sleep well at night and make sure that my unconscious mind is at peace, knowing I gave my hair the best money could buy. Sometimes that means spending an extra 30k haha

Edited by Youngbuck24

1 hour ago, Youngbuck24 said:

I do not doubt that Dr. Sethi is an awesome doctor, but for me as mentioned above it’s mainly about peace of mind. Consciously I doubt that there are huge gaps in talent when it comes to the top 30 best surgeons... but I want to be able to sleep well at night and make sure that my unconscious mind is at peace, knowing I gave my hair the best money could buy. Sometimes that means spending an extra 30k haha

Haha, you seems a very rich man. It's a fortune to have good amount of money to spend but it's vital also to spend that on a quality surgeon.

Anyways the donor will be limited so what i am trying to say is consult few top surgeons and then opt for a HT Center which meets your requirement and covers all your queries.  

9 hours ago, Youngbuck24 said:

It depends on your problem. Not all surgeons are for all types of Norwood. Some of them are better on smaller norwoods, while others are better to give better coverage in bigger norwoods. So upload some photos to see your problem, then we can discuss which clinic would be suitable to you. 

3 hours ago, Gramatik said:

It depends on your problem. Not all surgeons are for all types of Norwood. Some of them are better on smaller norwoods, while others are better to give better coverage in bigger norwoods. So upload some photos to see your problem, then we can discuss which clinic would be suitable to you. 

I did descrive my situation quite in detail in a comment... sounds almost like you get off to pics of balding men bud 

Is Konior really that much above top EU surgeons? Seems hard to justify X3 price for achieving most likely the same results

One thing is to have unlimited budget and another thing is being stupid and wasting money

Edited by WhereIsMyMind

7 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Is Konior really that much above top EU surgeons? Seems hard to justify X3 price for achieving most likely the same results

One thing is to have unlimited budget and another thing is being stupid and wasting money

You make a good point, but peace of mind is priceless. What top EU surgeons do you have on your list?

5 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

The price of Konior is 3 x times the price of EU surgeons, cause Its different location. In america the prices are much higher, without better results than Eu surgeons. In reallity top EU surgeons would be better choices with less money than American ones. 

3 hours ago, Gramatik said:

The price of Konior is 3 x times the price of EU surgeons, cause Its different location. In america the prices are much higher, without better results than Eu surgeons. In reallity top EU surgeons would be better choices with less money than American ones. 

Interesting take. What EU surgeons do you have on your watchlist? 

4 hours ago, Gramatik said:

@WhereIsMyMindyou both share some interesting thoughts that I had actually thought about this myself. I suffer from diffuse thinning mainly, so I am looking to work on two different aspects of my hair, the first one being filling out the frontal portion by reinforcing the hairline and closing in the temples a little, using grafts from my donor area, which is average at best. The second aspect would be filling out my crown area and back by just adding general density using beard and chest hair, as my donor is limited, and I would want to keep part of it for a possible future procedure on the hairline which is much more delicate and that shouldn't be made up of body hairs. So I was thinking that maybe it would make sense for me to get the most important and delicate surgery in the hairline and frontal portion with Konior, and then just the general filling of the back with the body hairs with either Bisanga or Zarev, which are much cheaper and seem to be good with density.

With Dr K you pay a premium for peace of mind and zero  f'ups.  No misaligned grafts, doubles in the hairline, pluggy look, exhausted donor area...

I'm not saying you couldn't end up with areas of poor growth, but at least you would be safe in the knowledge that nothing was done to increase the risk of it occuring.  It would probably have been something out of the doctor's control.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day