Eugenix Patient. Case: Mickey, Dr Arika Bansal.

Diablo

Date of visit to clinic: 30/07/22. My name is Mickey. I am here to share my exprience of a well and personally documented experinece at Eugenix Health Science. Wow, what a jouney I've had. I can't believe I was once a person who was reading these forum and now I will join all those who have added their experinces and jouney to this great forum. Let's start by showing you some pre assessment meds along with some before images and initial assessment. Also, note you will have your vital signs assessed. I was surpising more nervous with being on the flight to India than arriving at the clinic. The cup of coffee was lovely, as too was all the wonderful, welcoming staff.     

IMG-20220730-WA0094.jpeg

IMG20220730095443.jpg

IMG20220730100010.jpg

IMG20220730100306.jpg

IMG20220730112621.jpg

IMG20220730112623.jpg

IMG20220730112631.jpg

The clinic was beautiful. Notice with the before images I was wearing cloggs. These are mandatory. You are told to take off your personal foot wear and given these clinical shoes to wear. This is great practice. It's a way to keep their theatres and hospital clean.  

Please also note, I visited the clinic one day before the surgery date (29/08/22). On this pre surgery date I was given an allergy test. A small drop of Bupivacaine and Lidocaine was injected into either arm and assessed for any reactions. 

On surgery day, day 1 (30/07/22), I was given Augmenting, 625mg (Antibiotic); Signoflam (unknow dose) (analgesia); Pantop, 40mg (Ant-acid); Biflac (unknown dose) (probiotic), and Alprax 0.5mg (antianxiety).

This was also the day I physically met Dr Arika - along with Raj (amazing, hair councilor), and the rest of Dr Arika's team. We sat together, assessing my hair, and designing a strategy along with a hair line. My goal was full coverage with a compromise in density and a widows peak (saves me grafts for front/crown). Dr Arika was pleased that I had realistic expectations and a clear understanding what was/wasn't possible. I think this is where you as a patient, if you have done a little home work, you can add your little input and really be part of the planning process. 

Following all of this I had my head washed and prepped for surgery. 

2.jpg

IMG20220730131259.jpg

IMG20220730131544.jpg

IMG20220730131558.jpg

IMG20220730131715.jpg

Best of luck to you Mickey! Love the conservative hairline design! It'll make it easy to add more later and account for donor much better with a conservative design like this one. Dr Arika was my doctor and can only expect great things for you! I will be following your journey🙂

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Edited by MazAB

Hey, MazAB!! Thank you so much! I love the hair line too - even if I had the hair, I would still opt for this hair line. It's age appropriate and my face is really framed well. So happy that I was in the expert hands of Dr Arika and her team. They really know how to create beautiful hair lines that really match well with your facial features. It's great we can be part of this journey together, even though we've never met. I hope my posts will aid in the journey of others out there. Watch this space - I will be posting more content soon!! 

Edited by Diablo

Thank you, Bb111!! I was very much inspired by Karl Whelan's journey. The fact that he was so open and candid about his exprience, was a true inspiration. I hope I can carry the touch from him and pass the flame on. My goal is to inspire others though my jouney. If I can get half the result Karl managed to achieve, I will be more than grateful. Will be posting more content soon!! 

• Like 2

Thank you, Mister_25. I was still very ambivalent at the time. It was only after day 1 post op my confidence in the clinic really started to grow.

I just would like to add, during the planning process, I showed Dr Arika an old picture of me. I specifically showed her this picture (referring my picture below) and I mentioned to Dr Arika that I would very much be happy to achieve this level of density (referring to my picture below again). This was a old picture of me with a diffuse amount of hair (I was losing hair at this point of course). I told Dr Arika I wanted to mimic this. I wasn't looking for Brad Pitt's hair. I just wanted something to play with on top and to be able to cut my hair short to a number 2-3 comb.

I also told Raj (councillor) I very much liked Henry Cavill's (Supermans) widow peaks - I thought his hair line would suit me. Obviously, I won't look like him though, lol. He, like Brad Pitt, is far too sexy for me, lol. But it was a good way from me to express what I liked and gave the Eugenix team an idea of the outcome I was hoping for. At the time, it was all just food for thought really. I did think maybe this was silly at the time showing an old picture of me and a celebrities hair line I liked. But after looking back, it was a good thing I did mention this. Dr Arika, after looking at my old picture and hearing me say: 'I would be happy with this level of diffuse density globally and being able to have my old hair style back' - she suprisingly said: 'We can get you better density than that'... this was the point a little smile formed on my face. I was thinking at the time, ok. That's the bar set. Now let's see if Eugenix can deliver. Time to see if all these patients are just payed salemen/actors for the clinic. Is Eugenix the real deal. I was about to find out!!

Screenshot_2022-07-27-12-53-48-81_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7 (2).jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-15-03-14-27-34_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diablo said:

Thank you, Mister_25. I was still very ambivalent at the time. It was only after day 1 post op my confidence in the clinic really started to grow.

I just would like to add, during the planning process, I showed Dr Arika an old picture of me. I specifically showed her this picture (referring my picture below) and I mentioned to Dr Arika that I would very much be happy to achieve this level of density (referring to my picture below again). This was a old picture of me with a diffuse amount of hair (I was losing hair at this point of course). I told Dr Arika I wanted to mimic this. I wasn't looking for Brad Pitt's hair. I just wanted something to play with on top and to be able to cut my hair short to a number 2-3 comb.

I also told Raj (councillor) I very much liked Henry Cavill's (Supermans) widow peaks - I thought his hair line would suit me. Obviously, I won't look like him though, lol. He, like Brad Pitt, is far too sexy for me, lol. But it was a good way from me to express what I liked and gave the Eugenix team an idea of the outcome I was hoping for. At the time, it was all just food for thought really. I did think maybe this was silly at the time showing an old picture of me and a celebrities hair line I liked. But after looking back, it was a good thing I did mention this. Dr Arika, after looking at my old picture and hearing me say: 'I would be happy with this level of diffuse density globally and being able to have my old hair style back' - she suprisingly said: 'We can get you better density than that'... this was the point a little smile formed on my face. I was thinking at the time, ok. That's the bar set. Now let's see if Eugenix can deliver. Time to see if all these patients are just payed salemen/actors for the clinic. Is Eugenix the real deal. I was about to find out!!

Screenshot_2022-07-27-12-53-48-81_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7 (2).jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-15-03-14-27-34_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Are you on any meds?

9 hours ago, Diablo said:

Thank you, Bb111!! I was very much inspired by Karl Whelan's journey. The fact that he was so open and candid about his exprience, was a true inspiration. I hope I can carry the touch from him and pass the flame on. My goal is to inspire others though my jouney. If I can get half the result Karl managed to achieve, I will be more than grateful. Will be posting more content soon!! 

Based on the pictures you provided, I can't really tell how good a shape your donor is, but based on what I see from your beard hair, you may as well have ENDLESS donor, haha!🤣 The very fact that you got it right the 1st time with @Eugenix Hair Sciences and didn't have a Turkey hairmill hackjob puts you in the best possible position. My guess, you'll have a very successful 1st procedure, hair greed will kickin, and you'll be back to Eugenix ordering up a @Zoomster special and adding more density, more hairline, more temples and come out the other side completely unrecognizable, 1000% improved, and one of the many faces of Eugenix success stories.

Sorry for predicting the next 2 to 3 years of your life, but couldn't resist!😉

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thank you so much MazAB. Very nice to be part of this forum with such supporting individuals like yourselves. It's nice as a hair loss community we show other men out there that there is hope and not to despair.

TBH Turkey scares the hell out of me. I hear of some good and some horror stories. Plus the whole industry is unregulated which really worries me. In my opinion, where ever you go, it's best you pay a little more and get a reputable clinic with credentials and Eugenix was that for me. If I have a successful first procedure, I will be over the moon!!! I dont want to be greedy, honestly I am happy with reasonable density and with widow peaks. That's enough for me. My temples were actually good in my opinion. I dont want them to be changed. But I will do a post visit at some point to Eugenixs again. It'll be a good way to get a second opinion on a 2nd procedure, if that's something I need. Also, I would like to see Dr Arika and the rest of the team again - let Eugenix also aprreciate their work in person too. I feel like I owe them that for being so kind to me. 

Lol, I hope so MazAB, I really do want a good result. I'm currently on Finasteride 1mg every other day. That should help augment my results too.

Thank you, Gatsby. Your another inspiration to me!! Thank you for sharing your journey. It's people like you that I salute. Your another reason why I chose Eugenixs.

Thank you Eugenix!!! You are amazing!!! I shower you with all praises and blessings!! You are doing wonderful work!!!! but I will praise you even more once I see my results. 

...........So, back to my jouney. Day 1 (30/07/22) - this was the day were I believe the slits were created. It was somewhat painful. However, once the anesthesia settles in, after 5 mins your completely numb. You can relax and watch T.V. I love Bhangra music, and I was listening/watching music videos while the team operated on me. Listening to music was also a great way to pass time and it really helped me relax. If I remember correctly, I believe some grafts were also extracted and implanted (see pic below). I also managed to take a picture of the board. I believe 983 grafts were extracted and a total of 2800 slits were made (see pic below). I was also given toliet breaks and I was able to reposition myself whenever I got uncomfortable - although it's not advisable you keep moving - I try to stay as still as I could so I could let my team work with ease. I also took minimum tolilets breaks. I was worried as I didn't wanted my grafts to stay outside it's host for too long - I heard that decreases survivial time. So, I thought, it's best to work with my team and be a good patient. TBH, I'm a very figgity person, so sitting in one position for me is horrible. But the Eugenix team helped me so much. They even massaged my shoulders and back when I sat up for a short breaks. They fed me like a Maha Raja too: (see below) chicken, dhal, onion, chuntey, naan and a can of diet coke and a huge bottle of water - just thinking about this still makes my mouth water!! This pretty much summarised day 1 for me. I was then driven by my personal driver to my beautiful hotel. I was being driven through Haryanna. I love Hayanna!! It's a beautiful place. Being Punjabi myself, this land is very special to me. So it was a extra bonus being in my homeland and having the surgery done. 

I was taken to the Western Hotel. What an amazing hotel. It a beautiful place to stay. My room was really nice, clean and modern. I was so happy to be in such accomodation (see pics below). Sleeping was a challenge though. It feels like a huge carpet burn on the back of your head. Not easy or comfortable to sleep. But no pain, no gain as they say.

If I have one criticism, it would be this. The clinic did not give me my neck pillow from day 1, which was given to me later (I think day 2/3). But honestly, this is me nit picking at such a great clinic. I did overcome this by rolling a towel and sleeping with that under my neck. Nonetheless, it was still difficult to relax as I had to sleep up right to protect my new implanted grafts. TBH, I didnt care - I was in a beautiful hotel, had a amazing surgical team, had argubally the best Dr in the world and her hands on my scalp, and I was on the road to a full head of hair. A pretty good trade off for the neck pillow, pain and discomfort. 

IMG_20220806_17123636.jpg

IMG20220730162012.jpg

IMG20220730162017.jpg

IMG20220730162054.jpg

IMG20220730162618.jpg

IMG20220730194545.jpg

IMG_20220806_17123636.jpg

IMG_20220806_17284300.jpg

IMG_20220806_17285165.jpg

IMG_20220806_17293882.jpg

IMG_20220806_17294451.jpg

IMG_20220806_17295552.jpg

IMG_20220806_17295949.jpg

IMG_20220806_17301187.jpg

IMG_20220806_17302129.jpg

IMG_20220806_17304719.jpg

IMG_20220806_17305941.jpg

IMG_20220806_17310813.jpg

IMG_20220806_17314896.jpg

IMG_20220806_17320829.jpg

IMG_20220806_17331281.jpg

IMG_20220806_17332555.jpg

IMG_20220806_17333620 (1).jpg

IMG_20220806_17334287.jpg

IMG_20220806_17334989.jpg

IMG_20220806_17340037.jpg

IMG_20220806_17340401.jpg

IMG20220730212611 (1).jpg

IMG20220730231955.jpg

Edited by Diablo

Was there a mistake in the graft count? . In your pic 183+100 came out as 383 instead of 283? 

CaptureHair.JPG

Hello Ahmed, I will continue my blog and will explain everything systematically, including how many grafts I had. I promise to explain everything through my journey.

Thank you Bb111. India was a beautiful experience. I think we all can agree, India leaves a permanent imprint on your heart once you have been here.

Stephcurry, I am just as eager as you.

Hey, Phantom. I wasn't tallying so I can't really answer. However, I do have actual video footage which I will revisit and where everything from the board is explained to me. I will be posting that in the future. So stay tuned for that.

p.s - Thank you all for your support!!!!

…..Ok, so back to the journey again. Day 2, (31/07/22). Woke up with a bit of pain on the back of the head – felt like a huge carpet burn on the side of my head (see pic of me looking in mirror below). You really feel the discomfort when sleeping at night. It's very difficult to get a good night sleep while sleeping up-right. I also had some oozing. I was giving an absorbent pad to place under my head which really helped. My head looked like a light bulb as it was all inflamed. You could see that my forehead grew very large with all the fluid accumulated in my head (see selfy of me in blue shirt below). I looked like one of those caricature drawing they draw with a huge head. I was given a conservative hair design, however the inflammation made my hair line look abnormally high.

I took my morning meds (see pic below). I believe this was the antibiotic, analgesia, ant-acid, and I believe the anti-axiety tablet. I had my heavy breakfast (see below) as I wouldn't have lunch until late, around 2pm. I then was relaxing in the lobby waiting for my lovely driver to meet me at the front of the hotel. My driver was always on time and he picked me up and then drove me to the clinic (see pic below).

When I was at the clinic, I was once again prept for theatre (cleaned with Betadine, and given anaesthesia etc.). I had more grafts extracted from the back of my head (I believe mainly from my left side of the head). I still had more extraction behind my head to be made, which was left for now. Also my beard was marked out towards the bottom, right jaw (see pic below). I then had some extraction made in this area too. Please note: whilst I had the extraction made, simultaneous I had grafts inserted into the recipient area (top of my frontal region of my head) (see pic below). My team worked like a well oiled machine. I felt like a formula one driver coming in for a pit stop. They worked so well. Like a machine, absolute clock work with how the techs worked. These guys are professionals and well experienced at what they do. I saw how meticulous they were at extracting and inserting my grafts. They wore these microscope, googles (see pic below) and I knew I was in expert hands seeing how they worked non stop – graft after graft – I was slowly getting my head filled with new hair. I was so excited. I was rebuilding myself. Becoming a new version of me.

I then had Dr Arika make my slits for my crown region. She was amazing (see pic below). She really cares about her patients and she really wants the best for them. She made me feel welcomed and didn't mind me playing music while she worked. I remember Dr Arika asking me about my personal life and what I did for a living. I think, as well as finding out more about me, this was her way of getting me to relax and instil confidence in her. TBH, I had every faith in her. I can't fully explain it in words, but when your around her, you just feel like you in very good hands. She is very intelligent and knowledgable – esp when you get a chance to sit and talk with her in person. Dr Arika made me feel like the centre of her work and really took her time with making my slits.

It was around 9pm and by this time we was done for the day. I was cleaned up and was given the blue surgical hat to wear. My driver was called and I was then taken back to the hotel. This was pretty much, in a nutshell, day 2 for me. I then took some picture while I was back at the hotel (see pics below) (notice some of my wounds already started to heal from day 1's extractions).

Please note: I also had Dr Priya and Dr Vineeta involved in my case. I met Dr Vineeta a day before having surgery as I wanted to check out the clinic before I decided to go ahead with having my transplant. I also met Dr Priya intra-opratively. Both Drs were amazing. The both over saw the work that was done on me and checked on me throughout my surgery. I asked both Drs when I had the opportunity how things were looking and was giving reassurance by both Drs. 

IMG_20220808_19032644.jpg

IMG_20220808_19033436.jpg

IMG_20220808_19033835.jpg

IMG_20220808_19041513.jpg

IMG_20220808_19042398.jpg

IMG_20220808_19044715.jpg

IMG-20220731-WA0017.jpeg

IMG20220731061930.jpg

IMG20220731061942.jpg

IMG20220731063150.jpg

IMG20220731064803.jpg

IMG20220731070829.jpg

IMG20220731120852.jpg

IMG20220731120856.jpg

IMG20220731120902.jpg

IMG20220731120906.jpg

IMG20220731170201.jpg

IMG20220731170205.jpg

IMG20220731233453.jpg

IMG20220731233459.jpg

IMG20220731233503.jpg

IMG20220731233506.jpg

IMG20220731233507.jpg

IMG20220731233511.jpg

IMG20220731233513.jpg

IMG20220731233514.jpg

IMG20220731233516.jpg

Edited by Diablo

Will be following along, hoping and no doubt expecting a great result for you!

Just a general question is Eugenix the only clinic that has their staff transport you to and from the clinic or is this fairly common practice?

Sorry, guys. I've been busy getting back to work and back into my regular routine - hence why I haven't had the time to post. Anyway, now is the time for me to return and continue this amazing journey.

So, we are at day 3 here (01/08/22). Again, as usual, we start of with a heavy breakfast at the hotel. At around 8:30 my driver, once again picks me up from the hotel and we're off to the clinic for another round of surgery. Again, I reach the clinic and get changed into my scrubs (see toilet selfie below).

This day was a very interesting day. This is where I decided to lower my hair line. Even though I had lots of inflammation and my head was the size of a water melon, I still said to Dr Vineeta I wanted the hair line to be lowered. The hair line was a little too high for my liking. Anyway, the lovely, Dr Vinneta was with me at the time and said: 'we will speak to maam (Dr Arika) and she will come in and review you'..... 'in the mean time, we can starts the anaesthesia while we wait for her'. I believe the area called the 'Glabella' (centre, in-between eyebrows) is measured from here, right up to the centre scalp where your hair line meets your forehead. The area was originally about 9cm. I decided to lower it to around 8cm. Anyhow, I then saw Dr Arika, we spoke and based on the number of grafts my donor area was yielding, Dr Arika calculated, measured, then drew out my new hair line. I then had some fresh photos taken (see mug shots of me with pen mark below).

I was told my grafts were very good and I was yielding an average of about two hairs per graft with some three too (see lolly pop stick below). I was then given a break at around 2pm and I had such a wonderful meal, I ate the food before I taking the pic, lol (see remnants below).

To summarise, I believe I had 5250 slits made: Day 1, 983 grafts extracted (only scalp); Day 2, 1635 grafts extracted (720 scalp and 915 beard); Day 3 (today), 1200 grafts extracted (scalp) and side locks, 220 grafts extracted (right:110 and left 110). So, total grafts: 4038 (see white board below).

After this day, (day 3) I had a huge amount of area covered. Everything was coming together beautifully (see pic of scalp, front and back below). (Note: I have a small head and I had allot of doubles. Also, my crown was only sparsely covered. ). After all this surgery, I was then, once again, driven by my lovely driver back to my hotel (see pic below).

IMG_20220813_20312134.jpg

IMG_20220813_20313195.jpg

IMG_20220813_20313648.jpg

IMG_20220813_20314391.jpg

IMG_20220813_20321421.jpg

IMG_20220813_20322841.jpg

IMG_20220813_20330893.jpg

IMG_20220813_20334949.jpg

IMG20220801090854.jpg

IMG20220801100804.jpg

IMG20220801100805.jpg

IMG20220801100809.jpg