FUT 3875 grafts with Hasson

Kent

Let me respond to the good questions/comments made so far:

I originally requested FUT from Hasson but as you mentioned he was only offering FUE. Fortunately/unfortunately there was a schedule shift and FUE was no longer an option for my scheduled date. In good faith Hasson offered me FUT (with a considerable discount!!). So it was a big win for me. I got my preferred doctor and procedure. 

No need to cherry pick fine hairs for my hairline. All my hair is very fine. 

Not sure why he took the strip higher up. Possibly it’s my age (I’m 56) and have fairly dense hair (without medication).  The only area I experienced hair loss in was my hair line and corners. 

Thanks for the encouraging comments guys. I’ll post regular updates. Fingers crossed it grows out well. 

Todd

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Kent said:

Not sure why he took the strip higher up. Possibly it’s my age (I’m 56) and have fairly dense hair (without medication).  The only area I experienced hair loss in was my hair line and corners. 

I've noticed this on alot of Hasson FUT procedures, I somewhat remember a post where someone asked why it was so high up and Doug responded with something on the lines of "if the person wants a fade they have more options as the scar is higher up."

I'll be following your progress.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

It’s been a week so I thought I’d share a couple of pics & highs/lows. 

Overall I’m feeling good. Exciting to see little hairs where there were none for decades. My hair is super fine so I was worried it wouldn’t work.

Still have lots of crusts in recipient area. I put some conditioner on the area in the shower this morning to soften it up. Parts are clearing nicely. Trying not to be too timid/gentle but also don’t want to overdo it and create bleeding. 

It’s just no fun having staples in my head. Sleeping is way less than perfect but I’m on vacation so afternoon naps have been happening.

May have had a reaction to the oral antibiotic - some gastrointestinal issues (will spare details). It made me feel quite weak and tired. Feeling better but still tired. Yesterday I felt a lot better but today I feel quite weak again. Two steps forward/one back. Hanging out at home and chilling. I miss beer but am reluctant to crack one while I’m still feeling weak.

I keep doubting the final result and make up reasons in my head why it won’t work for me. lol

Had a fair amount of swelling in forehead/face areas. Looked like a Star Trek character. But that’s all pretty much gone. 

I’ll share weeklies in case anyone’s interest in following a photo progression of a Hasson FUT in 2022 - especially since he’s not doing them anymore. 

Nice to have an understanding community to share this with.

until next week,

Todd 

1B9B4EB0-61C2-4369-854F-F81D779303AC.jpeg

AB189B17-FC70-40C6-8726-1E04D5419101.jpeg

• Like 1

Wow, I remember talking to you months ago about this, and now it's done!! Congrats!!! How were the anesthetic injections? I am not sure how different they are for an FUE procedure, but I hope they weren't too painful! 

Thank you, it is very exciting!

I know you’re anxious about the anaesthetic injections but please don’t. I don’t think I have a high pain threshold and it’s very tolerable. Close your eyes and stretch your breath. You’ll be fine and it’s over in seconds. 

I’m not sure if the anaesthetic is different for FUE and FUT.

Are you getting your procedure soon?

1 minute ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I'm also a bit confused. 3875 grafts for that small of an area? 

Ya it seems like a lot. I think it’s because of the size of my grafts and the texture of my hair. Super super fine. 

He told me he wanted to do dense packing because of the density of my hair that sits behind it.

But I agree with you that it seems a lot compared to other cases I’ve seen from other docs. 

To me, if the outcome is good then I’m happy. 

1 minute ago, Kent said:

Ya it seems like a lot. I think it’s because of the size of my grafts and the texture of my hair. Super super fine. 

He told me he wanted to do dense packing because of the density of my hair that sits behind it.

But I agree with you that it seems a lot compared to other cases I’ve seen from other docs. 

To me, if the outcome is good then I’m happy. 

I'm certainly not going to question Dr Hasson but this is a little concerning to me simply because I'm going in for 4000 grafts and have a lot more loss than you (Especially on my crown).

@Melvin- ModeratorHave you ever seen this many grafts for such a small area? 

GGG pl be careful comparing your case to mine. I have really wispy ultra fine hair. I think I need a lot more grafts compared to others to achieve adequate density.

Which doc are you using?

5 hours ago, Kent said:

GGG pl be careful comparing your case to mine. I have really wispy ultra fine hair. I think I need a lot more grafts compared to others to achieve adequate density.

Which doc are you using?

Going with Nader

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

On 7/23/2022 at 7:32 PM, Kent said:

Thank you, it is very exciting!

I know you’re anxious about the anaesthetic injections but please don’t. I don’t think I have a high pain threshold and it’s very tolerable. Close your eyes and stretch your breath. You’ll be fine and it’s over in seconds. 

I’m not sure if the anaesthetic is different for FUE and FUT.

Are you getting your procedure soon?

Thank you for this.. that is encouraging!! Does the pain subside quite quickly? Or do you find it lingers for a bit? I think I will be okay if it doesn't last too long. You say it's over in seconds, so that is very reassuring. It is literally the only thing that's held me back from doing this sooner.

My procedure is just under a month now. Although, like you, I was told mine might have to be cancelled. So we'll see! Hopefully that doesn't happen. If I may ask, how much say do you have in the graft count? It seems like they usually go for a higher number to really pack the grafts, although I want to make sure I am not over-harvested incase I need another one in the future. Did you find the hairline design portion to be flexible? Or did you tend to go with what the Doctor recommends as he is the expert? 

10 hours ago, Scream said:

Thank you for this.. that is encouraging!! Does the pain subside quite quickly? Or do you find it lingers for a bit? I think I will be okay if it doesn't last too long. You say it's over in seconds, so that is very reassuring. It is literally the only thing that's held me back from doing this sooner.

My procedure is just under a month now. Although, like you, I was told mine might have to be cancelled. So we'll see! Hopefully that doesn't happen. If I may ask, how much say do you have in the graft count? It seems like they usually go for a higher number to really pack the grafts, although I want to make sure I am not over-harvested incase I need another one in the future. Did you find the hairline design portion to be flexible? Or did you tend to go with what the Doctor recommends as he is the expert? 

I was really nervous about the pain from the anaesthetic injections too. The good news - I was worried for nothing. He does a number of injections but you only feel the first four. I don’t know if you’ve ever had Botox but I would say it’s slightly more painful than that. It’s like a little bee sting that dissipates fast! The nurses are great at helping you relax too. Don’t worry!!! It’ll be fine. You’ll see. 

The graft count should be set based on your goals, quality of donor area, your age and the degree to which your hair loss will progress. It’s not an arbitrary number you shop for. 

Hasson asked me what kind of hairline I wanted and then he drew a couple of options. I chose one and we went with it. He’s got a good eye for this and will help you. This is an exciting part of the process!

I’m sorry to hear your surgery may be canceled. That happened to me too but fortunately Dr Hasson offered me the option of FUT as I really wanted to keep the date of surgery. I happily accepted his offer as I didn’t want FUE to begin with.

Best wishes!

Todd

3 hours ago, Kent said:

I was really nervous about the pain from the anaesthetic injections too. The good news - I was worried for nothing. He does a number of injections but you only feel the first four. I don’t know if you’ve ever had Botox but I would say it’s slightly more painful than that. It’s like a little bee sting that dissipates fast! The nurses are great at helping you relax too. Don’t worry!!! It’ll be fine. You’ll see. 

The graft count should be set based on your goals, quality of donor area, your age and the degree to which your hair loss will progress. It’s not an arbitrary number you shop for. 

Hasson asked me what kind of hairline I wanted and then he drew a couple of options. I chose one and we went with it. He’s got a good eye for this and will help you. This is an exciting part of the process!

I’m sorry to hear your surgery may be canceled. That happened to me too but fortunately Dr Hasson offered me the option of FUT as I really wanted to keep the date of surgery. I happily accepted his offer as I didn’t want FUE to begin with.

Best wishes!

Todd

What a great write-up. Really appreciate the detail you put into this. 

I have never had botox, but I have been stung by a bee. That was quite painful, but I recall that burning sensation lasting for a long time before dying down. If these injections have that similar intense burning sensation, but it dissipates quickly.. I think I can manage that. Weird technical question - do they warn you immediately before the injection? Or do you just know it's coming, but are left in the dark until you feel the pain? Only feeling about 4 is reassuring.

The graft count only confused me because other clinics had me pegged for roughly 2000-2500 grafts, but the consultation I had for Hasson & Wong had an estimate of 3000-3500. Now, obviously, they are world renowned and their results speak for themselves.. but I guess I just wanted to know how flexible they were with regard to how many grafts were needed. While I want the best result possible, I am not the wealthiest guy, so the lower number appealed to the wallet hahaha. Nevertheless, I have been so impressed by what Dr. Hasson can do for a hairline, so I will just think of it as a longterm worthwhile investment.

I certainly hope my procedure isn't cancelled, but regardless of when it happens, I will try to make a post similar to yours! It's very reassuring to see others go through the same journey. Something as trivial as figuring out what hats you can and can't wear become bigger issues when you're trying to hide your head. Or how many breaks you get during the surgery. But your write up was great and extremely helpful! I'm looking forward to following your result. Happy growing!! 

2 hours ago, Mark Wolfer said:

Does the pain subside quite quickly? It is literally the only thing that's held me back from doing this sooner.

Really? It's entirely forgettable and I hardly noticed it. 

This is also very comforting to read. I assume your experience with the injections was manageable as well then? Not overly painful for you either?

1 hour ago, Scream said:

What a great write-up. Really appreciate the detail you put into this. 

I have never had botox, but I have been stung by a bee. That was quite painful, but I recall that burning sensation lasting for a long time before dying down. If these injections have that similar intense burning sensation, but it dissipates quickly.. I think I can manage that. Weird technical question - do they warn you immediately before the injection? Or do you just know it's coming, but are left in the dark until you feel the pain? Only feeling about 4 is reassuring.

The graft count only confused me because other clinics had me pegged for roughly 2000-2500 grafts, but the consultation I had for Hasson & Wong had an estimate of 3000-3500. Now, obviously, they are world renowned and their results speak for themselves.. but I guess I just wanted to know how flexible they were with regard to how many grafts were needed. While I want the best result possible, I am not the wealthiest guy, so the lower number appealed to the wallet hahaha. Nevertheless, I have been so impressed by what Dr. Hasson can do for a hairline, so I will just think of it as a longterm worthwhile investment.

I certainly hope my procedure isn't cancelled, but regardless of when it happens, I will try to make a post similar to yours! It's very reassuring to see others go through the same journey. Something as trivial as figuring out what hats you can and can't wear become bigger issues when you're trying to hide your head. Or how many breaks you get during the surgery. But your write up was great and extremely helpful! I'm looking forward to following your result. Happy growing!! 

This is also very comforting to read. I assume your experience with the injections was manageable as well then? Not overly painful for you either?

> I assume your experience with the injections was manageable as well then? Not overly painful for you either?

You can comfortably put it out of your mind, they are experts at administering it and it wasn't painful at all. I found both HT procedures to be comfortable from beginning to end, it's really just the swelling that was uncomfortable and weird to look at, but it wasn't painful either. There are plenty of things to worry about for a HT but pain from the injections isn't one of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Wolfer said:

> I assume your experience with the injections was manageable as well then? Not overly painful for you either?

You can comfortably put it out of your mind, they are experts at administering it and it wasn't painful at all. I found both HT procedures to be comfortable from beginning to end, it's really just the swelling that was uncomfortable and weird to look at, but it wasn't painful either. There are plenty of things to worry about for a HT but pain from the injections isn't one of them.

Cheers. This is very comforting for me. I hope my experience is similar to yours!

Two weeks tomorrow. I feel great. Looking forward to working out again soon. And beer :)

I get my staples in 2 days. Glory. 

The scabbing and crusting is a process. A layer falls off and then there’s another layer below (but it’s definitely improving).

The FUT strip scar is healing well. The first week was painful/itchy but the sensations are almost all gone now. I can sleep normally now. 

until next week …47286487-BDAD-4B39-B71A-F0F801BB8954.thumb.jpeg.e0cb340ad0a3ab73c22eb7d8a66f65f7.jpeg0A021B3E-0EF3-42F4-8F75-8BFA0F24215C.thumb.jpeg.406b42f9035a289c9b17db997d05659d.jpegFB99D460-8B88-40E1-8695-3F36E91F5E6B.thumb.jpeg.fe6d1d7c58783319ae7264fe6591c010.jpeg