Dark Mode for this site?

wprevil

Wanted to know if the web people of this site can introduce dark mode. The bright webpages are blinding to me and would be a comfort to the eyes if there was an option for dark mode.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Let me see if that’s an option. I’ll tag our webmaster @Hans - Webmaster

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Good question. There is no user theme option, only your browser option to change the style. Problem is that the pages will still show in the standard colours. Only thing I could suggest, is that you use your screen settings to dim the brightness. 

I know that in Windows, changing the accessibility options there, can set your machine to use custom colours and also a Dark Mode, but this does not actually change the pages in a browser, sorry about that.

There is a way to force Dark Mode, but could only find that for Chrome:

https://www.howtogeek.com/446198/how-to-force-dark-mode-on-every-website-in-google-chrome/

image.png

Hans

Webmaster

17 hours ago, Hans - Webmaster said:

Good question. There is no user theme option, only your browser option to change the style. Problem is that the pages will still show in the standard colours. Only thing I could suggest, is that you use your screen settings to dim the brightness. 

I know that in Windows, changing the accessibility options there, can set your machine to use custom colours and also a Dark Mode, but this does not actually change the pages in a browser, sorry about that.

There is a way to force Dark Mode, but could only find that for Chrome:

https://www.howtogeek.com/446198/how-to-force-dark-mode-on-every-website-in-google-chrome/

image.png

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any suggestions for firefox? I dont want to install any dark mode addons because I really dont trust addons. Looking forward to your suggestions.

And would you be willing to create dark mode for this site? It would really help stop the eye sight  strain and those of others as well.

Edited by wprevil
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, wprevil said:

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any suggestions for firefox? I dont want to install any dark mode addons because I really dont trust addons. Looking forward to your suggestions.

And would you be willing to create dark mode for this site? It would really help stop the eye sight  strain and those of others as well.

I found this page. I read quickly through it and it didnt say that you need an add-on. Here you go: 

https://www.howtogeek.com/359033/how-to-enable-dark-mode-in-firefox/

On 7/7/2022 at 5:03 AM, lunch_owl said:

I found this page. I read quickly through it and it didnt say that you need an add-on. Here you go: 

https://www.howtogeek.com/359033/how-to-enable-dark-mode-in-firefox/

Ok so thats just for themes in dark mode like for your menus for example. Themes are not global in darkening webpages.

Edited by wprevil

• Administrators

Unfortunately I could not find a suitable method to force dark mode.

Other than changing the actual forum styling, it is not really a possibility as it stands right now.

@Melvin- Moderator we could enable user choices for site themes and then we can create a separate dark theme that users could chose to use for the site. It would mean that we need to create a complete new theme and enable users to chose that over the default theme.

Changing the Chrome settings is really straight forward and results in a nice clean "dark theme" 

image.png

Hans

Webmaster

• 5 months later...