Dr. Maras/HDC 2900 Grafts

38 YO, been on minoxi+propecia for the last 8 years. Balding status is stable.

I wanted to strengthen my hair line becuase the only way I like my hair style is ~5-6 cm long brushed to the back with clay/wax. Sounds stupid I know :) but it really does change the way I look and feel. I was Tired of using toppik and devoting20 minutes every morning to hair styling.
Iinitially the Dr evaluated ~2000-2200 hair follicles will be needed, but during transplantation I've been told my scalp is  actually in a very good condition and we can achieve quite high density (as you can see, my initial condition is relatively ok), and eventually 2900 follicles were transplanted. We also lowered the hairline in about 1 cm (1.5..?).

We didn't adress my crown as it is quite good, and I don't mind continue using toppink in this area as it's much easier to apply there.
Here're my 2 weeks results. Ofcourse I know this is probaby going to shed, but as everyone I pray (and probably be disappointed) it won't :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Yan bio
  • Like 1

Hey, this is immediately post op:

And the one above which says “before” is of course the pre-op :)

im not sure what is the density, but by calculating that my transplanted area was about around 48 cm^2 and 2950 grafts were inserted, maybe it’s an increase of arouns ~60 per cm

34276545-F562-4FE5-A4DC-12C99B1DDDCD.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks great! Keep us on update👍🏻

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Almost 8 weeks had passed 😇

I think the native hair which suffered shock-loss is starting to recover. 

There're also some transplanted front line hair that lengthened.

Front is still red, but there's some minor improvement there. 2 weeks ago I deceided to switch minoxidil from twice to once per day, so there’s less skin irritation :) 

Would give anything to start seeing some growth! :P

IMG-2731.jpg

Edited by Yan bio

9 minutes ago, Parasol said:

It’s coming along nicely! This is a long ride and the next few months are the worst part.

I look forward to following your updates!

Thank you very much my friend!

On 8/15/2022 at 10:16 PM, GoliGoliGoli said:

Can imagine using Topikk on the hairline is a major pain so congrats! 

Actually I'm not so sure if you were sarcastic or not..? :)

But really, before surgery I could've engineer some very nice hair styles, but:

1. it could've take me 30 minutes to set it up (wash with water->half dry->wax->wait->wax again->comb precisely->use volumizer spray (it hold everything together)->apply toppik->gently remove toppik from scalp between frontal hair). 

2. I felt good with my hair 1/3 of times, "OKish" 1/3, and "I don't like it today" 1/3. 

I know I'm quite a perfectionist here, but at least the only thing I'm so concerned about is hair, so at least I'm not obsessed with other things :)

3 hours ago, Yan bio said:

Actually I'm not so sure if you were sarcastic or not..? :)

But really, before surgery I could've engineer some very nice hair styles, but:

1. it could've take me 30 minutes to set it up (wash with water->half dry->wax->wait->wax again->comb precisely->use volumizer spray (it hold everything together)->apply toppik->gently remove toppik from scalp between frontal hair). 

2. I felt good with my hair 1/3 of times, "OKish" 1/3, and "I don't like it today" 1/3. 

I know I'm quite a perfectionist here, but at least the only thing I'm so concerned about is hair, so at least I'm not obsessed with other things :)

Was not being sarcastic. Most of my loss is in my crown so it makes using Toppik very easy. Always sounded like a lot more work to use it on hairline so I'm sure with your HT you will be glad not to have to use it anymore on the hairline

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Was not being sarcastic. Most of my loss is in my crown so it makes using Toppik very easy. Always sounded like a lot more work to use it on hairline so I'm sure with your HT you will be glad not to have to use it anymore on the hairline

Oh yes! it is so sooo much easier to use on the crown. that's why I've had the procedure :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

9.5 weeks - native hair has grown a bit and I hope in 2-3 weeks I'm going to look normal again. I still don't have enough hair on my left side (right side on picture) to use toppik there..

image.jpeg

Edited by Yan bio
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Definitely starting to grow like wildfire 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12.5 weeks 
more small improvements.

since my transplanted area is still quite red, I decided to take 1-2 weeks off minoxidil. I'm using foam (which is better tolerated by the scalp), only once per day, and I rinse it off after 20 minutes, but still - it irritates my skin too much. that made me itch too much and I might have broke some of the fragile hairs but that's ok - they'll grow again. 

image.thumb.png.9e905a1bd044f582c6124e8501250c14.png

3 months and 1 weeks:

I'm still waiting for more hair to pop out at the hairline, so I can start comb my hair up like I was used to. 

1.5 weeks on oral minoxidil 2.5 mg - no side effects so I'm happy.

image.thumb.jpeg.c35f5ca70655842f96239511aeef636f.jpeg

3.5 months - today I started to use clay + toppik again, the way I used to see myself in the last 15 years or so.

Even though probably only 50% of the transplanted hair sprouted and they're curled/colorless/thin - I really feel the new hairline frames my face better, and using toppik today (both pictures are with toppik) took me 1 minute in comparison to the 20-30 minutes I needed to style my hair pre-surgery.

image.thumb.png.32365544431c6ba274389f30c70ee495.png

• Like 3

I completely agree man, the hairline definitely suits you. I think the area you have covered was just enough. Your hair looks pretty thick in the photos with the fiber, so I think when you actually get to months 9+ you probably wont need it. Your temple points seem pretty good too and you can rock the beard at its current length with the fade. Overall the hairline is a very good frame to your face.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022